Capture Your Moment Questions

CouponGirl

DIS Veteran
For those of you that have done capture your moment, did you find it replaced you stopping for photos at photo pass lines or is it something you did in addition to the photo pass lines?

Also, does it make a difference what time you do it? At first I was thinking first thing in the morning before tons of people arrive, but does that really matter?

Thanks for any input from your past experiences!!

We were at the front of the castle for rope drop a couple of weeks ago, and the cast member let through a Capture Your Moment group at about 8:55. There were 2 photographers, one carrying a few props, and they stopped for photos on the ramp leading up to the front of the castle, (a place where we've never seen a photopass line). When the rope dropped, we saw them inside the castle taking shots in front of the Cinderella murals. It looks like if you book before park opening you can get a few shots in locations not normally available to everybody.

We did capture your moment last week. I picked a 3:45 slot so that we could leave in the early afternoon and let the kids have a rest and get us all changed up. We took some phenomenal photos (linking below) in our nice attire and it was absolutely a blast. We also stopped at as many photopass spots we could throughout our days in the parks as well. Capture your memory for us was a special shoot that we could use for photos in the house and for christmas cards!

Attachments

• 122b7e64-b94b-45df-8e9d-27d64383230c.JPG
    122b7e64-b94b-45df-8e9d-27d64383230c.JPG
    45.3 KB · Views: 175
  • 5921514e-541a-4cb5-b294-abf63fdca79a.JPG
    5921514e-541a-4cb5-b294-abf63fdca79a.JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 177
We did a Capture your moment at Animal Kingdom, midday. We wanted to do the Safari and the Animation experience first. It was in addition to the photo pass, We wanted the Magic shots and the ride photos, and the other park photos. They were great about getting varied shots and listened to what we wanted. These are svreenshot, original file too big607281607282

Last edited:

We did both sessions - at MK and AK- totally worth it, in addition to photopass.

as per the times, I would prioritize how you feel the mood of the party will be.. early risers, after taking a midday nap etc

even with the park full, they will take you to spots where it seems it is all about you and your party… beautiful shots!

The above were midday in August after a rainstorm, so not perfect hair or anything, but I think they are really cute. I tried to tip the photographer, but she said they weren't allowed to accept. Which I get for the roaming photo people, but not for the private sessions

The above were midday in August after a rainstorm, so not perfect hair or anything, but I think they are really cute. I tried to tip the photographer, but she said they weren't allowed to accept. Which I get for the roaming photo people, but not for the private sessions

I didn’t offer a tip as I know people have tried and they said no but I made sure I went to guest services to give compliments.

We were at the front of the castle for rope drop a couple of weeks ago, and the cast member let through a Capture Your Moment group at about 8:55. There were 2 photographers, one carrying a few props, and they stopped for photos on the ramp leading up to the front of the castle, (a place where we've never seen a photopass line). When the rope dropped, we saw them inside the castle taking shots in front of the Cinderella murals. It looks like if you book before park opening you can get a few shots in locations not normally available to everybody.
I had wondered about that, but it says they only book during normal hours and with the 30 min EMH about to start I’m not sure if it’ll be possible to get a spot prior to that.... pretty cool though that they got photos in places you normally can’t!

We did capture your moment last week. I picked a 3:45 slot so that we could leave in the early afternoon and let the kids have a rest and get us all changed up. We took some phenomenal photos (linking below) in our nice attire and it was absolutely a blast. We also stopped at as many photopass spots we could throughout our days in the parks as well. Capture your memory for us was a special shoot that we could use for photos in the house and for christmas cards!
I hadn’t considered the idea of planning on going back to the resort to rest and change prior to the appointment time. That was a good idea, too. Thanks for sharing the photos! Very nice!!

We did a Capture your moment at Animal Kingdom, midday. We wanted to do the Safari and the Animation experience first. It was in addition to the photo pass, We wanted the Magic shots and the ride photos, and the other park photos. They were great about getting varied shots and listened to what we wanted. These are svreenshot, original file too bigView attachment 607281View attachment 607282
What great photos! Did they provide the sign or did you bring it? Very cute.

We did both sessions - at MK and AK- totally worth it, in addition to photopass.

as per the times, I would prioritize how you feel the mood of the party will be.. early risers, after taking a midday nap etc

even with the park full, they will take you to spots where it seems it is all about you and your party… beautiful shots!
That’s great to hear that it doesn’t impact the shots if the park is full!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter