Character swap - progress thread!! CLOSED & COMPLETE

Hi Ladies.....remember me ? :) I've been on the boards but haven't swapped in probably a year. I am traveling 4 days a week for work and things get crazy. But I'm only traveling to Manhattan now (I live in NJ) so I have time at night in hotel and on weekends at our camper so I'm going to venture into this one I think! I finally got to some pages last weekend for the first time since last August :(

So when you say 'altered letter' do you mean use a purchased letter and alter it or can they be done entirely on cricut, and then embellished. Also, for the 2" letters is the idea that they will be very eclectic when spelling the word out since 3+ people will make up the word? Can patterned paper be used.

Quite excited to have stumbled on this!

Maria

Hi Maria! It's good to see you!!!!!

For any of the altered letters, we've been using letters cut from the Cricut. You'd use 4-inch or 2-inch to cut your top layer and then the shadow will, of course, be a bit bigger. You can use patterned paper and/or solid cardstock.

Rita's, suggestion to look at the Disneyland swap is a good one. You can also look at the current Hollywood Studios swap (there's a slideshow in the first post) or the Animal Kingdom one (there's no slideshow yet, but there are great photos of both types of letters posted throughout).

Here are a couple of photos to give you an idea:
This is a 2-inch E for the word Everest in Animal Kingdom. Others are making the rest of the letters and then it'll spell "Everest."
AKSwap001.jpg

This is a 4-inch M for Minnie Mouse in the Magic Kingdom Swap. This is the only letter made and will represent Minnie Mouse.
DSC00486001.jpg

This is a 2-inch E for the word Mickey in Magic Kingdom Swap
MKSwap002.jpg

This is 2 examples of the entire word Mickey spelled with the 2-inch letters from the Magic Kingdom swap:
MKSwap001-3.jpg

This is another 4-inch letter. It's R for Rafiki's Planet Watch in Animal Kingdom
AKSwap004-1.jpg

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have anymore questions and I hope to see you join this swap!!!!

:sad: I'm not swapping in this swap and Maria is back. :sad:

It is great to see you back on our threads. :yay:

Thanks! Great to be back. Ok I'm sold on doing some of both letter groups after seeing those pics! Thankfully I can cut things and take small stuff like that in my suitcase to work on in hotel room. Hoping to be able to do some swaps after this one too - it seems to be the only way I make myself sit down and scrap too!

Thanks! Great to be back. Ok I'm sold on doing some of both letter groups after seeing those pics! Thankfully I can cut things and take small stuff like that in my suitcase to work on in hotel room. Hoping to be able to do some swaps after this one too - it seems to be the only way I make myself sit down and scrap too!

:banana::banana::banana::banana: I'm so glad that you can join us!!!!! The letters really are great to do and turn out so cute!

Hi!

Another stranger returns - think its been about a year since I last swapped with you all! Thank goodness College has eased off just in time for the character swap! this was always on of my faves and since i'm getting to work on my character scrapbook, it definately makes sense in me joining in!

xxx

Would you want to add a letter group for D-A-I-S-Y? And, each person could just do one letter or one letter and an icon or add another name with it? I just didn't know who to pair with her, so I thought about her alone. I just know she has been out in the parks a lot and the need for pages with her theme is there. Anyway, thinking out loud!! :rotfl2:

Would you want to add a letter group for D-A-I-S-Y? And, each person could just do one letter or one letter and an icon or add another name with it? I just didn't know who to pair with her, so I thought about her alone. I just know she has been out in the parks a lot and the need for pages with her theme is there. Anyway, thinking out loud!! :rotfl2:

Sure, I can add a letter group for Daisy. I'll go do it now before I forget! :goodvibes

Thanks!!! Now a question...Will you be listing specific Bazzill colors for the characters or is it up to the individual? Pluto is one that really comes to mind. I've seen some people use a yellowish orange and others use a mustardy kind of color. I know I got a color that I liked for him at the store, but don't remember anymore what the color was. I feel like when I look at them online to order from ACOT they look different when they get here!! LOL Again, thinking out loud...

Thanks!!! Now a question...Will you be listing specific Bazzill colors for the characters or is it up to the individual? Pluto is one that really comes to mind. I've seen some people use a yellowish orange and others use a mustardy kind of color. I know I got a color that I liked for him at the store, but don't remember anymore what the color was. I feel like when I look at them online to order from ACOT they look different when they get here!! LOL Again, thinking out loud...

No, I'm not going to list specific colors of cardstock to use. I'll let each swapper do their own thing.

I have received my work schedule for next week and I'm not scheduled to work next Friday when sign-ups for this swap will be. So, I'm going to open sign-ups at 8:30 a.m. on Friday, June 25.

I have received my work schedule for next week and I'm not scheduled to work next Friday when sign-ups for this swap will be. So, I'm going to open sign-ups at 8:30 a.m. on Friday, June 25.

Woo hoo! That leaves me 15 min till I have to scram to get to dentist at 9 :)

I'm pleased we're 5 hours ahead and not 5 hours behind, else that would have meant a very early morning for me! ha ha! xx

I have to be to work at 8:30 AM. and we have no internet access :surfweb: Will someone be my sign-up buddy? :flower3:

Does anyone plan on doing elements? I am looking a joining a few of the element groups.

I am thinking about it- I found that the character book I made went really well at auction this year- so things I don't need for myself can go for doing another 1.

Rebecca

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter