Cheaptickets code out now for summer-anything better than 20%?

So, I'm super paranoid and never think anything is going to go through properly. I called RPR last night after I booked through Upromise and talked directly to a lovely Universal representative. I only put down two adults. She said because I booked through a 3rd party vendor, SHE couldn't change the reservation, but she made a note in our file that there were two kids. Further, she said when we arrived, we can add the kids to the reservation (this was super important to us for the Express Passes and Early Entry). So, looks like we are good to go and can add the kids when we arrive!

This is exactly how we plan to handle it. :thumbsup2

I'm not familiar with U Promise, but if it gives me 20% I'll become familiar! Is it a savings plan for college-because our son is past college, so I'm assuming I wouldn't be able to do it?

ebates currently offers 5% on cheap tickets

saphirre has a promo of 4 night w/$150 resort credit, believe it's a general promo- check website or google. quick reminder that the FOTL perc isn't offered there, a big negative for us.

I check my bookings often, based upon shorter stays (2 - 3 days) have always found the AP rate less expensive than booking thru orbitz or cheap tix. It was close a few times, but with our $100 platinum YouFirst credit we came out ahead, not to mention the suite upgrade :cloud9: . YouFirst is an amazing loyalty program but stays booked thru 3rd party (such as orbitz/cheaptix) aren't qualifiying stays and your benefits don't apply.

Haven't used orbitz or cheaptix to book Universal, but have often with WDW. At WDW we have gotten the room type we selected, easy to add extra people/link to MDE.

never have had an issue w/orbitz or cheaptickets as to obtaining a cancellation (quick refund to CC). Have booked many times with different chains using the two sites. The properties assign within your occupancy/bedding requirements, but of the run of the house type rooms...rarely, ones with an upper floor/premium view.

Only once did we run into an oversold property for a one night stay precruise in Seattle. I easily negotiated a 'better' hotel and cabfare, also received a full refund:) as in the night was free.

Lynnfitz--our daughter is beyond college age as well. I had no trouble using it. When it asks who you are saving for, I put myself. No further information was required.

Just signed up, and with the code over a $400 savings!
I don't see the $150 food credit, does anyone know if you are eligible for this still? (Now I'm getting greedy lol!)

If the code "Cheapster" doesn't work directly through the cheap tickets website, try booking it through Upromise (if you don't have an account, create one). The code worked for me - RPR in mid-August.

Thank you for the reminder! I received another new cheaptickets promo code today and it didn't work with the Universal hotels again (I've been trying for two weeks). Read your post about Upromise (dug up my account info for it) and it took the code. I have free cancellation as well so if a better offer comes out, I'm still golden. Thanks again!

Anyone know how to change from 2 adults to 3 adults on the Upromise sight?? I can't for the life of me figure it out, I called cheaptickets directly, and the rep had no idea. He just kept telling me the clover20 code wouldn't work, but I know at the Upromise sight it does, I'm just having an issue of adding one more adult to the reservation.

ok, I figured it out! Has anyone seen on their reservation the $150 dining promo credit? Also, when I would be able to call Universal to confirm reservation I just made? I figured I could also ask them about the dining credit too- thanks everyone!

Thank you for the reminder! I received another new cheaptickets promo code today and it didn't work with the Universal hotels again (I've been trying for two weeks). Read your post about Upromise (dug up my account info for it) and it took the code. I have free cancellation as well so if a better offer comes out, I'm still golden. Thanks again!

Currently trying with Upromise account but it doesn't take the code 'Sorry, your hotel isn't covered by this coupon offer' as via the regular cheaptickets site:fish:

Did you try clover20? That's the new discount code for this week. It worked for me last night.

My dates are July 25-30th. And that's through the Upromise sight? Unless Cheaptickets is getting wise to us!

So it currently goes through Sept. 6. Any informed speculation on whether something similar will open for mid September or early December?

ok, I figured it out! Has anyone seen on their reservation the $150 dining promo credit? Also, when I would be able to call Universal to confirm reservation I just made? I figured I could also ask them about the dining credit too- thanks everyone!

The $150 food credit promo at SF for those that booked with a 3rd party vendor, is debatable at this point.

On another thread a poster contacted the hotel and was told the booking must be made through the UO website or through Loews to receive that promo of $150 food credit.
Same poster contacted Universal guest services and they do not have an answer about third party bookings recieving that food credit at SF, but did offer an opinion.

Not trying to burst anyone's bubble for the promo at SF but it would be in your best interest to contact Loews by phone or email to answer your question of the $150 credit.

If you do this in advance, you would be better prepared with your budget, and not be upset at the start of your vacation.

I'm just trying to help those using a 3rd party booking to be aware of new information from another active thread.

Thanks for this thread. Saved $68 so decided to stay at PBH again and paying less than last year and what I thought I would have to pay for RPR. Used the code no problem. From UK and better than any deal I have seen here.

Hi, I'm a total newbie to disboards so please bear with me and hello everyone! I'm from the UK and have been reading this fab site for last couple of days. I am looking to book a night in Hard Rock Hotel and read with interest the Upromise discount, works a treat for 2 people. However it only gives a rate for two people and I need a room for 3 adults and 2 children, oldest daughter is 26. I read you can add two children on at check in but how about oldest daughter? Is there anyway I can include her on booking? Thanks very much in advance and I hope I kinda make sense!

Book with all at one time
Or just with the 3 adults and add the children at check in time

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter