Cheaptickets code out now for summer-anything better than 20%?

I just had the same issue! Already to book a suite at Sapphire, now it won't take the coupon! I hate when I wait to make a decision!! Hopefully Monday a new code will work!!

I know these rooms are fully refundable up until a certain date, I think 5 days before your trip. But what if you have to cancel after that? Are you out the whole cost? I'm just trying to get a room for our first night in Orlando, but you never know what could happen....flight being cancelled, kids gettings sick, etc.

So I was trying the new CHEAPSTER code today and it doesn't appear to work for RPR or HRH. It says, "your hotel isn't covered by this coupon offer". Is there any way to tell which hotels are participating without going to the Booking page. Am I missing some indication in the search results that would narrow things down or is it really trial and error?

Trial and error since they changed the site

Looks like none of the UO hotels are eligible this week

Looks like we will have to wait until next week to see if there are any new deals. Good lesson--always pul the trigger the first time you can get the discount!

I also was trying this week's code "CHEAPSTER" for our next trip in early June - both HRH and RPR are not eligible. No APH rate on UO site either. I hope there will be something soon!

Count me in as one who pulled the trigger too late and now the codes won't work. Hopefully something else comes out soon or more rooms open up with discounts! popcorn::

Looks like we're all in this together! We were planning on a suite, 20% is a nice discount on that type of room!
AGREED! As for now, I've booked an off-site hotel that is within walking distance because the price is right, it includes free breakfast (big deal for a family of five) and though we won't get any FOTL access or early entry, I think with 4-day passes to the parks we can do everything we want to do without too much of a wait. Plus we are generally early people anyway. I think we can make it work in case some great deal does NOT come along again!

Is the discount code ever available for Cabana Bay? I booked through Orbitz for mid-Sep. But when it came time to leave the deposit, I didn't see anywhere to even put a discount code. It was an average of $121/night for three nights, the same as at the Universal Orlando web site. That's reasonable, but a discount wouldn't hurt.

EDIT: It looks like the coupon code option only appears if you choose to pay for the entire stay in advance. I'd chosen to just do a deposit, which doesn't have the coupon code option.

Last edited:
Is the discount code ever available for Cabana Bay? I booked through Orbitz for mid-Sep. But when it came time to leave the deposit, I didn't see anywhere to even put a discount code. It was an average of $121/night for three nights, the same as at the Universal Orlando web site. That's reasonable, but a discount wouldn't hurt.

EDIT: It looks like the coupon code option only appears if you choose to pay for the entire stay in advance. I'd chosen to just do a deposit, which doesn't have the coupon code option.

Yes I was going to respond but you already figured it out. You can only use the code when you select to pay in full.

Count me in as one who pulled the trigger too late and now the codes won't work. Hopefully something else comes out soon or more rooms open up with discounts! popcorn::
So I was trying the new CHEAPSTER code today and it doesn't appear to work for RPR or HRH. It says, "your hotel isn't covered by this coupon offer". Is there any way to tell which hotels are participating without going to the Booking page. Am I missing some indication in the search results that would narrow things down or is it really trial and error?

If the code "Cheapster" doesn't work directly through the cheap tickets website, try booking it through Upromise (if you don't have an account, create one). The code worked for me - RPR in mid-August.

If the code "Cheapster" doesn't work directly through the cheap tickets website, try booking it through Upromise (if you don't have an account, create one). The code worked for me - RPR in mid-August.

TOTALLY WORKED! And I just got off the phone with RPR to double check our reservation. Everything was there and we are ALL SET for our trip in mid-August! Thanks for posting this. Completely forgot I even HAD a Upromise account! WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Upromise.com, as in the college savings plan?

YES!!! Totally worked! I booked two rooms at RPH for mid July. I made 2 different reservations with 2 different names.

And yes--it is the college savings plan. I made an account for myself. Took less than 2 minutes.

the Upromise link worked for me too! Thanks so much DadRox415. Since I have a high school junior, this is a double benefit for me!!

So glad to know about the Upromise link - worked for RPR for our July trip :)

One question though - I only put 2 adults on the ressie because it wanted to charge more for the kids. I've had that issue booking Disney hotels through Orbitz and have always emailed them to add the kids, but it usually takes a few tries to get them to do it. Since we don't have the FP issue, can I just add the kids at the desk when we check in? Or is that going to cause a problem?

So glad to know about the Upromise link - worked for RPR for our July trip :)

One question though - I only put 2 adults on the ressie because it wanted to charge more for the kids. I've had that issue booking Disney hotels through Orbitz and have always emailed them to add the kids, but it usually takes a few tries to get them to do it. Since we don't have the FP issue, can I just add the kids at the desk when we check in? Or is that going to cause a problem?

So, I'm super paranoid and never think anything is going to go through properly. I called RPR last night after I booked through Upromise and talked directly to a lovely Universal representative. I only put down two adults. She said because I booked through a 3rd party vendor, SHE couldn't change the reservation, but she made a note in our file that there were two kids. Further, she said when we arrived, we can add the kids to the reservation (this was super important to us for the Express Passes and Early Entry). So, looks like we are good to go and can add the kids when we arrive!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter