• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Cheaptickets code out now for summer-anything better than 20%?

I haven't looked at the booking site so not aware of restrictions of adding people

In that case, add the people at check in or call the hotel to add them before you go

In that case, add the people at check in or call the hotel to add them before you go
no need to call, Loews can't take over a third party reservation, and modify the number of guests. this needs to be done either through the third party, or at check in.

The site doesn't give me a choice to add more adults or children? Not that I can see anyway.

go through Upromise, then on the CT result page, expand the "see more/see less" link. (If you're already on the HRH page, click "back to search results" at the top of the page)

here's a pic

0nsCZs.jpg

Hi all - if you use the CheapTickets app on your smartphone, it accepts the coupon! Just booked the Hard Rock for Memorial Day weekend!!

Yes they can't take over 3rd party bookings chmurf, but they can add the others on your reservation before you check in
Saves you time to have it all in the system before you check in

Thanks very much chmurf, could not see that at all, also thank you to macraven for your help. Now one last question, I'm from the uk and have never used cheaptickets before are they reputable?

but they can add the others on your reservation before you check in

CBBR concierge told me they couldn't. Well same old story about Cast/Team Members quoting different policies :p
I might need to try again and have my son added on the booking :)

I'm from the uk and have never used cheaptickets before are they reputable?

They're now part of Expedia / Orbitz. I'd say they're reputable enough for me :p

I believe when you say that but I do know others that was opposite for them

I don't know why rules are slack for some and not for others

Kind of like the hotel policy requiring to see you AP at check in time if you booked on the AP rate.

I'm there frequently with AP booking and asked each check in time to show my AP

Then I read if some stating they were not asked to prove they had the AP for that discounted special

not complaining about it as I rather have the AP in hand than have room rate reversed to rack rate

I don't know why rules are slack for some and not for others

I don't think it's about rules being slack for some, and not for others. I think it has to do with training.
Some TM/CMs are more knowledgable than others.
There are often several ways to perform one task, like for example adding a guest to a third party booking. The Front Office system might not let them do, but the Back Office will. Or maybe some actions require a Supervisor credential, and the TM/CM is denied access and assumes it's because it can't be done, when it's really a matter of "user level".

As far as APs go, I always put my CC along with my AP on the desk when checking in. I have never had a TM even look at it.

At the end of the day, it will all depend on who you deal with. Some could care less, some go by the book, some just don't know what they can and can't do. Some will call a supervisor when they face a problem, some will just tell you that it can't be done to get rid of said problem.

I've had this surrealistic conversation at check in with a CM at Disney's Old Key West last October. She kept on correcting me, and even lecturing me about their policies, like "you can't use your reffilable mug at other disney hotels, no sir, you're wrong, it's only at the hotel you stay at, you've been misinformed, it's a good thing I'm here to give you accurate information".
well, we all know she was wrong, and her info was outdated by a couple of years. But this shows how much things depend on the TM/CM answering your questions

for the record, here's the email I received (TBH the TM doesn't say they can't do it, but only that the system will not let them do it.

cbbr10.jpg

Thanks very much chmurf, could not see that at all, also thank you to macraven for your help. Now one last question, I'm from the uk and have never used cheaptickets before are they reputable?

They are, they've been around a long time. I first used them 15+ years ago.

Hi all - if you use the CheapTickets app on your smartphone, it accepts the coupon! Just booked the Hard Rock for Memorial Day weekend!!

Thanks for sharing that. Right now they have a deal for the HRH pool view 2 queens last week May 233.00 per night with the Cheaptickets app and code CLOVER20. As you said it is only working with the app on cell phone.

I don't think it's about rules being slack for some, and not for others. I think it has to do with training.
Some TM/CMs are more knowledgable than others.
There are often several ways to perform one task, like for example adding a guest to a third party booking. The Front Office system might not let them do, but the Back Office will. Or maybe some actions require a Supervisor credential, and the TM/CM is denied access and assumes it's because it can't be done, when it's really a matter of "user level".

As far as APs go, I always put my CC along with my AP on the desk when checking in. I have never had a TM even look at it.

At the end of the day, it will all depend on who you deal with. Some could care less, some go by the book, some just don't know what they can and can't do. Some will call a supervisor when they face a problem, some will just tell you that it can't be done to get rid of said problem.

I've had this surrealistic conversation at check in with a CM at Disney's Old Key West last October. She kept on correcting me, and even lecturing me about their policies, like "you can't use your reffilable mug at other disney hotels, no sir, you're wrong, it's only at the hotel you stay at, you've been misinformed, it's a good thing I'm here to give you accurate information".
well, we all know she was wrong, and her info was outdated by a couple of years. But this shows how much things depend on the TM/CM answering your questions

for the record, here's the email I received (TBH the TM doesn't say they can't do it, but only that the system will not let them do it.

cbbr10.jpg

Similar but different, when I went to DLR this past December the flight I booked got in a whole hour before my friend who booked the room with his CM discount. Since I was on the reservation, I was still able to check in even tho I didn't have a CM ID or anything. I mean the room wasn't ready yet, but still.

I'm a Loews YouFirst member, but Cheaptickets beats out Loews prices 95% of the time. I've used them 4 or 5 times with no problems. They are owned by Orbitz, so are just as reputable as Orbitz.

I'm a Loews YouFirst member, but Cheaptickets beats out Loews prices 95% of the time. I've used them 4 or 5 times with no problems. They are owned by Orbitz, so are just as reputable as Orbitz.
I' am a Cheaptickets convert to.:flower1:

Ok that is a thought. Drat no booky through Universal no getty days on you first.

odd, when I stayed via cheaptickets ressie last year, I did get my you first points. Maybe I was lucky?

So I saw the Clover20 code on the cheaptickets site a couple of weeks ago, booked a room without realizing I needed to choose "paid in full" to enter a code, and haven't seen any new codes since.

Have I messed up by booking the room? I thought codes came out weekly? Should I just delete my cheaptickets cookies?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter