• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Circumpolar Race Around the World (CRAW)

Logging Miles

Although the race website made it sound like we would log team miles weekly, it appears that we just individually log miles as we go. That being said, you are not required to log miles on the exact day that you run them. You can log previously run miles by picking an earlier date in the Date Completed field (or just use an exported GPS file, and the website will automatically upload the correct date and distance from the file). Here is a link to their how to: How to Log Miles

But there is a gotcha. Here is the FAQ link: https://www.craw.racing/home/faq/ Down in "When do I log my mileage?" after the "how to log miles on behalf of your team member", it says "team totals are updated in the standings once per week, with the week beginning on Monday in your time zone. All submissions for a respective week must be entered BEFORE midnight on the following day. After this point, the system will lock out the week and no further entries will be allowed for that particular week."

In the next FAQ answer, it gives an example. So it is important not to let your entries slide for too long.

But there is a gotcha. Here is the FAQ link: https://www.craw.racing/home/faq/ Down in "When do I log my mileage?" after the "how to log miles on behalf of your team member", it says "team totals are updated in the standings once per week, with the week beginning on Monday in your time zone. All submissions for a respective week must be entered BEFORE midnight on the following day. After this point, the system will lock out the week and no further entries will be allowed for that particular week."

In the next FAQ answer, it gives an example. So it is important not to let your entries slide for too long.

So by Sunday night we have to have all miles for the week uploaded? That is how I'm reading that.

A Few Updates
  1. Just wanted to ensure everyone saw the post above from @avondale. For each week's mileage, the week ends on Sunday, and you must enter any mileage from the previous week by Monday night at midnight. The schedule they posted actually allows mileage to be entered for the prior week until Tuesday at 4:59pm CDT, but I don't think we should test that deadline. After the deadline, they lock-in all mileage for the prior week, and no changes can be made.
  2. We logged 40.8 miles for the first day of the adventure. A great start! This is about the daily team mileage we need to finish Region 1 in two months (and the entire race in two years).
  3. There was a little more info posted about the medals a few days ago: CRAW Medal Idea
ETA: I hope everyone enjoyed their first day in Mexico!

Last edited:

Alright, so I'm already hurt! I can still walk, but it looks like I'll only be logging 2-3 walking miles per day (since I'm also stuck working from home thanks to COVID and rarely get out). I see my physical therapist on Thursday and hopefully he can get me sorted out quickly! Sorry Team...

No worries. Sorry you are having to deal with an injury. They suck! Hopefully the PT can work their magic!

I was careful to drink only bottled water. Don't need any unscheduled pit stops. :rotfl2:
Reminds me of the worst flight home ever. Got sick an hour befor boarding our flight home from Cozumel. My wife ran her first marathon there and I was a staunch non-runner in 1999.

84 miles into Mexico! I like that you can follow progress on the map, I’m going have to try to remember to grab an occasional screenshot for the next couple years
View attachment 523463

I just went to look at the street view from the area we're in right now. Apparently it is a very rural part of Mexico....lots of fields. I'll have to remember to look again when we seem to be near something more interesting.

Too bad they don't have a map with all the teams marked on it. Or maybe they do and I haven't found it?

Injury Update--looks like a strained quadriceps muscle. Hopefully I'm back on my feet in 2 weeks or so! I've been trying to log my walking miles so I'm not total deadweight between now and then... Go team!

ugh. Do what you can for now.

I will say this challenge is definitely helping my motivation. Got up at 6am to run which I don't normally do since I knew I couldn't after work. Was planning on 6 miles on sunday but considering adding some walking miles as well and round it out at 10.

Maybe the team will get to 10% progress this weekend!

I do like being able to count walking, too. I did the Race Across Maryland and you could count running and walking, but I only submitting my running mileage. But that's because there was an end date far enough out that I knew I would hit the goal in time from just running. With CRAW, it's such a large distance and pretty exciting to try to get there faster, so I like that every little bit can count.

I'm wondering if it would be OK for us to reveal real names so we can match each other up to the team list...? But I won't start that if people aren't comfortable with it. Of course since we only have two women on the team, we will probably be easier to figure out.

Mike, glad to post up, and maybe even meet up at a Disney run sometime. I’ve been able to make a couple meets in the past but don’t recall any of my new found teammates

This is my first b2b weekend on the schedule for MW so planning 5 or 6 tomorrow then 9 Sunday plus a lot of walking. Bear season starts next week here so lots of time hiking as well.

I’m pretty sure we’ll get over 10% by the end of the weekend. I have 15 miles of weekend running on the docket.

BTW, Brett here. I do have a list of who everybody is, but I don’t want to share it unless I have everyone’s permission (even as a PM to team members only).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter