CityWalk questions

mickeyfanz

Mouseketeer
We will be going to CityWalk next week as part of the festivities for the Tangerine Bowl. I've been to Pleasure Island at WDW many times, is CityWalk similar to that?

What are your favorite clubs there and where would you recommend eating dinner out there?

Go Wolfpack! (Any other Tangerine Bowl visitors out there?)

Citywalk has a lot of restaurants. You didn't say what kind of place you were looking for. We really liked the Latin Quarter. We had good meals at the Hard Rock Cafe, but it's LOUD. If you want expensive food, try Emeril's.

I love the NASCAR Cafe chicken. It is cooked like rotissere, but has BBQ sauce all over it. If you like chicken, this is where to go.

Sorry for being so vague about what we're looking for in a restaurant!

We will have a group of 10 people. I'd enjoy Emeril's but I'm not sure if everyone in the group would enjoy spending that much money.

So basically somewhere with good food for moderate prices, a lively atmosphere, and one that can accomodate larger parties.

It sounds to me that NASCAR Cafe or Hard Rock Cafe(I don't think it's worth the $ though). I'm sticking with my recommendation of NASCAR Cafe though.

I would try the Latin Quater or NBA City.

We love Bob marley's for dancing, my kids (20's) like the Groove nad Bob Marley's. We all like Nachos/shots at Margaritaville.

City Walk has a more grown up atmosphere than pleasure island...we prefer it in the evenings. They have a lot of things going on inside and out.

For your group of 10, definitely go with Margaritaville or Hard Rock Cafe! Both are not too expensive and really fun.

Margaritaville even has a live band on some nights.

-Jon

We also Liked Motown Cafe It is a lot of fun! Sometimes they have Karoeke night! NBA cafe nice burgers etc they have old classic games on screen very cool. Latin quater Ehhhhh great disco though. There is one Irish place forgot name very good, Margarativille is also good! Sorry I love them all! They also have a great dinner and movie deal at several reastaurants choices are limited but it is reasonable, great movie theatre. We are season pass holders returning 12/26!

They can all handle large crowds depending on time of day, I would skip Emeril's though for large crowd probably booked, pricey and better served for intimate nigt out.......

MARGARITAVILLE DEFINITELY, HANDS DOWN. WE LOVED THIS PLACE SO MUCH. I STILL TALK ABOUT IT TO THIS DAY. (WE WENT IN AUGUST) WE WERE THERE ON A WEDNESDAY NIGHT AROUND 8. THE PLACE WAS SO LIVE WITH THE JIMMY BUFFET VIDEOS PLAYING, THEY HAD 2 PEOPLE ON STILTS WHO WERE WALKING AROUND AND THEY GOT THE WHOLE RESTAURANT CLAPPING AND RAISING THEIR HANDS AND SINGING WITH JIMMY. I HAD NEVER HEARD A JIMMY BUFFET SONG IN MY LIFE, BUT I ENJOYED HIS MUSIC. THEY WENT AROUND TO ALL THE TABLES AND MADE BALLOON HATS FOR EVERYONE (MINE WAS A FLOWER) :D THEY CHATTED AND LAUGHED WITH US, IT WAS GREAT. IT WAS CROWDED ON A WEDNESDAY NIGHT, WOULD LOVE TO SEE WHAT IT'S LIKE ON THE WEEKEND.

NOW THE FOOD IS GOOD TOO. WE ALL HAD THE "CHEESEBURGER IN PARADISE". AND DEFINITELY, DEFINITELY GET THE "LAST MANGO IN PARIS". (A MANGO MARGARITA) ITS TO DIE FOR.

LASTLY, IF I WERE YOU I WOULD MAKE RESERVATIONS FOR MY PARTY. IT WAS A LAST MINUTE DECISION FOR US TO EAT HERE. WE WERE A PARTY OF 9. YOU CHECK IN AND THEY GIVE YOU A BEEPER WHEN YOUR TABLE IS READY. WE WAITED OVER AN HOUR, FINALLY I WENT UP THERE, THEY SAID IT WAS HARD TO GET US 2 TABLES NEXT TO EACH OTHER SO WE ALL CAN SIT TOGETHER. BY THEN WE WERE SO HUNGRY WE SAID WE'LL SIT SEPERATELY. SO THEY GAVE US THE NEXT AVAILABLE TABLE AND MY FRINEDS THE NEXT AVAILABLE TABLE.

HOPE THIS HELPS

Well, it looks like this thread is going to wind up mentioning every restaurant in CityWalk, but why not?

I think you;d really like Margaritaville, but here are some other thoughts:

NBA City is a lot of fun for b'ball fans. The food's good and not too expensive.

It's worth noting (I think) that Latin Quarter, while not as expensive as Emeril's is one of the pricier reataurants.

Pat O'Briens might be a little awkward for a party of ten, but I think it offers the best value for the dollar.

All the other places mentioned are good, too. So I guess you'll just have to spend your whole vacation at Universal.:D

My wife and I love Pat O'Brien's for drinks and entertainment in the piano room. For dinner, we prefer Emeril's, but at this point, you would never get reservations (it is usually booked weeks or even months in adavnce). Other than Emeril's, we like NASCAR for a "normal" dinner (average prices, good food).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter