• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Connections offers 4 Day Park Hopper-Does it exist???

i'm pretty sure the 4-day PH Plus is legit.
this pass is offered as a reward through programs such as Amex Membership Rewards, and Hilton HHonors.

it's basically a regular 4-day PH, with 1 Plus, i.e. 1 admission to the Water Park of your choice or Pleasure Island.

I received DH 4-day PHP today (the rest of us have annuals). It cost $196 and on the back says it has a value of $206 plus tax which equals $220.42 - pretty good savings I think. We will have to save the plus for another trip though. BTW, these passes are identical to the other disney passes with the character picture on front, magnetic strip on back, ticket type, and value, etc.
It came in a pass holder with instructions on where the plus feature could be used - one visit to any of the water parks or pleasure island.
I also received breakfast certificates - they expire May 31, 2002 for anyone interested for next year.

:bounce:

Pooh.kim or anyone else who has received theirs, when did you order? I ordered mine on 07/03/01 we are leaving on the 11th and I am VERY worried that I will not receive them on time.

dzneprincess, I ordered my tickets on Saturday and received them the following Wednesday via FedEX (or was it UPS?).

You should be fine. I did have to sign for them, though. If you won't be home, it may behoove you to have a sign directing the FedEx guy to a neighbor who is home.

Lisa

I ordered 7/1 and received passes and some of my food certificates on 7/5, with the July 4th holiday in there. Hopefully I'll get the other certificates in the next few days. DH also had to sign for them (UPS).

I ordered 10 fast lunch certs on 06/28 I have not received those, on 06/29 I ordered for breakfast certs for char meal, I received those yesterday, and on 07/03 I ordered the 4 PH pluses...I called connections today and she sd that the other 2 orders hadnt even shipped, she wld have a supervisor look into it and call me back. That will be really bad for them, if they do not get these items to me in time, the PH alone were 707.xx and the meal certs were 105.00....if they dont get them to me in time they will lose a 812 sale.......today is the 6th and we are leaving on the 11th.........

dzne, that's the pits. I rcvd my order (10 quick passes, 2 adult and 2 children character breakfast passes, and 2 adult, 2 children 4-day PHP passes) in its entirety together in one mailing in 3 business days. (Of course, I ordered them together in one phone call, too.) Sounds like they screwed up not to have mailed the 6/28 order yet.

Were I you I'd call back and speak to a supervisor in person. You shouldn't have to wait for them to call you back. Ask for overnight mailing.

Good luck!

Lisa

Doesn't it cost to join Connections in order to get these tickets? I thought I read it was about $80 a year to join, although you get one month free trial. Is anyone planning to cancel their membership once they get their passes to avoid having to pay the annual membership fee?

I would have gladly paid $40 or less to continue the membership, but did cancel before the month was up. I just don't go to the movie store and chain restaurants enough to justify the $80. And the Disney tix were a one-shot deal. I don't plan to go back for a long time.

Like I said, had they offered the membership for $40, I would have gladly paid. But not $80. Call me a cheap wad. (Hey! What do you expect? I'm hanging out on the Budget Board!)

FWIW, it was a fairly simple, automated process to cancel the membership.

I've gone to the website for Connections and read up on it, but can't find where they offer the Disney tickets and meal coupons. Do I have to actually enroll before I'll be able to see everything they offer? When I do sign up, where will I find the Disney passes? How do you pay, credit card? Do you buy them online or do you call to order them? Thanks for all the info!

Yes, you have to join to see the information re WDW. It's easy to find once you register. It's under "Amusement Parks" or something user-friendly like that. The dining tickets are found under the same tab.

Hope this helps!

Lisa

Can anyone tell me what the savings is on the food vouchers? Unless it's substantial I can't imagine why it would be better than using cash or travelers checks. What if someone doesn't want to buy an entree, drink and dessert? Do you lose the remaining $ on the voucher? My family eats different amounts of food at each meal. TIA.

The savings would vary (or not exist at all) depending on your purchase. The certificates are not gift certificates with a set dollar amount but rather certificates that allow you an appetizer, entree, and drink (other certificates may vary). At any rate if you use that certificate at restaurant A and order a certain combination of items it might be a great deal; if you use it a Restaurant B it might be that no matter what you buy its not a good deal. Really the best thing to do is to know where you want to use them and then check the menus for those places to make sure its a deal for you.

I agree with Traveliz,

Look at the menus at wdig.com to see what is offered at each restuarant.

In my case, for an 8 night stay we are getting several sets of the counter serve. (We'll work out in our benifit for Beaches and Cream and Tusker House as well as a few others)

Breakfast ones for the Crystal Palace

And one set of lunch ones for Marrakesh

At mousesavers.com she does a great job explaining the program and at which places it would be most benificial to use the vouchers for sit down lunches.

We are big eaters so the counter serve ones shoud work out in our favor. If we don't eat the dessert, I'll save it for a snack later.

Anyway...check out wdwig ... I did find that the counter serve ones are the best "deal". But you only save a few $$$.

I also like them because I have these meals out of the way and don't have to worry about paying for them, it's taken care of in advance.

56 days left! WOO HOO!!

Hi all, my only concern is that mousesavers site state, restraunts may change. My family and I are big eater and have PS at Tepiyakas and other sit downs for luch. I dont want to get stuck with vouchers that I cant use. Has anyone already used lunch vouchers and can you order Any item off the menu or do you have to select only certain things?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter