Construction at the Contemporary?

Luv4Disney

DIS Veteran
We noticed lots of construction when on the monorail from MK to the Contemporary. One of the bus drivers said they're adding DVC Villas to the Contemporary. Can anyone confirm this? We asked our DVC contact (Nick, who from what we understand is one of the big shots at DVC) and he said rumors are constantly swirling, but he didn't deny it! :)

:thumbsup2 no - at least not yet.

it is looking more and more like DVC just because Disney is saying nothing.

someone called the construction company and was told they were doing 'NOTHING AT WDW'.

the building layout certains looks like what Tink10 found and posted here.

there is a chance (but the longer Disney doesn't announce what this is the least likely) that it is CR suites.

so :woohoo: :banana: :cool1:
:yay:

it is definitely on my wish list

Maybe this is "Disney's Worst Kept Secret"? Let's hope so...

When we were given our magical moment in the tail of the monorail and we went by the CR, I asked about the DVC at CR. The dream leader said that he couldn't say but would not be surprised if I were right when I said I had heard they were building a DVC.

Disney is very hush hush on this one.

Just tell me it's true?

It is true... No ifs, ands, or buts, about it.... it is true. THE CRV... is under construction... as we speak....

Not that I am a real speaker for the monorail reasort, but hey... monorail resort? Come on... obviously it is in the works. THE CONTEMPORARY DVC RESORT IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION...

Somebody prove me wrong????? and don't tell me about asbestos...

don't the signs still say that this area is being revamp for your convenience or something like that....

yea the entire building is gone.:rotfl2: :scared1:

the information (plans) being send to suppliers definitely is saying the Contemporary suites - but I really think if this was it - Disney would have make the announcement already.

I so wish this is true!!! How long would it take to construct what the plans have laid out?
The only thing that makes me doubt it is the AKV construction going on now. Would the timing make sense to announce this finished construction when the AKV project is completed? Wouldn't they both be finished at the same time?
I'll say it again...I so wish it is true.....

You never really know what is true but..... we did hear from a super reliable, and local (being in Orlando fulltime) source, that this person has seen the new signage with the new CR DVC logo. I hope, I hope, I hope its true!!

Pay No Attention to that Man Behind the Curtain!!! :rotfl:

Guess everyone missed the annoucement today. CRV is indeed coming to this site. Honda announced today that it has purchased the land from Disney to build a new factory to produce it ever popular small SUV, the CRV.:lmao:

Don't get too excited! It could still turn out to be the Contemporary Resort Family Suites. I can imagine the massive dissapointment around the DVC world if Disney announces that!:sad2:

We noticed lots of construction when on the monorail from MK to the Contemporary. One of the bus drivers said they're adding DVC Villas to the Contemporary. Can anyone confirm this? We asked our DVC contact (Nick, who from what we understand is one of the big shots at DVC) and he said rumors are constantly swirling, but he didn't deny it! :)

Has you computer been broken the last six months there have been multiple threads on this with permits plans and pictures? Welcome back:lmao:

It would be fun to put together a little pool. If you think that DVC at CR is a reality, pick a date when it will be announced. Whoever is closest gets a special tag.

Somehow, it's usually about money. From what I understand, the DCL & DVC are the two on top of the heap.
Guess what, they are building 2 new ships , AKV, & CRV.
Disney is spending more money to make more money. :surfweb:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter