Coronavirus and DCL Megathread - Suspension of Departures for the fleet until early November. Booking only available from early December.

We June Fantasy cruisers probably need to band together to get DCL to offer us some help! I am frustrated because those sailing before June have gotten their flexible rebooking or cancellation. Many sailings after June (not sure about July, but definitely August) have gotten their PIF extended 30 days, which effectively allows them to cancel penalty free. However, those sailing in June have been stuck in limbo for almost a month now!

LAX

We're booked on the May 8 10-night cruise on the Wonder from Honolulu to Vancouver. We received our luggage tags a day or two ago (today is April 4, 2020). However, the Port of Vancouver is closed to cruise ships until July 1. On top of that, Hawaii requires all persons arriving from the mainland to self-quarantine for 14 days, and just a couple of days ago they imposed a new requirement that all inter-island travelers must self-quarantine for 14 days. Even if the Port of Vancouver reopens in time for the Wonder to get to Honolulu by May 8, Hawaii's self-quarantine rules means we'd have to arrive in Honolulu on April 23 to self-quarantine for 14 full days (assuming we can find a flight), and then we would have to quarantine for 14 days upon arrival in Hilo, then 14 days upon arrival on Kauai, then 14 days upon arrival on Maui, which would turn the 10-night cruise into a 52-night cruise. And that's ignoring the fact the April 29 9-night cruise from Vancouver to Honolulu would face the same self-quarantines, turning it into a 51-night cruise, arriving on June 19. The self-quarantines in Hawaii are currently in effect until April 30, but will almost certainly be extended. So I can't see any way that the Hawaii cruises can possibly happen. Am I missing something here?

It is the shorter of 14 days or the duration of your stay. So if you stayed 10 days, you would be quarantined for 10 days. In effect, you would be unable to disembark the ship, or if you did, you would have to go straight to a hotel and self-quarantine.

"The mandatory 14-day self-quarantine orders are:
  1. Proceed directly from the airport to your designated quarantine location, which is the location identified and affirmed by you on the mandatory State of Hawai‘i Department of Agriculture Plants and Animals Declaration Form.
  2. Remain in your designated quarantine location for a period of 14 days or the duration of your stay in the State of Hawai‘i, whichever is shorter.
  • If you are a resident, your designated quarantine location is your place of residence.
  • If you are a visitor, your designated quarantine location is your hotel room or rented lodging.
  • You can only leave your designated quarantine location for medical emergencies or to seek medical care."
https://hidot.hawaii.gov/coronavirus/

Where is the best place to learn info like this? Curious where you're reading this so I can stay abreast of the most recent news
I’m guessing because the entertainers practice in Toronto and all non essential is shut down. All to do with distancing and only can have groups of 5

Big Brother Canada production was shut down as well . All the house guests were sent home and they only started beginning in March.

Sadly, the DIS bankruptcy watch has officially begun. Splurging on Fox assets may go down in history as the biggest corporate blunder in history.

We June Fantasy cruisers probably need to band together to get DCL to offer us some help! I am frustrated because those sailing before June have gotten their flexible rebooking or cancellation. Many sailings after June (not sure about July, but definitely August) have gotten their PIF extended 30 days, which effectively allows them to cancel penalty free. However, those sailing in June have been stuck in limbo for almost a month now!

LAX
Yep we are early July. They extended paid in full shortly after our date. Our option right now is to lose money if we rebook. It’s not right. I don’t need a refund at this point, just let me move the cruise without penalty. Every other cruise line is!

Yep we are early July. They extended paid in full shortly after our date. Our option right now is to lose money if we rebook. It’s not right. I don’t need a refund at this point, just let me move the cruise without penalty. Every other cruise line is!

RCCL is handling multiple cancellations at once well into the summer and just one of their Oasis class ships can hold almost twice as many as the Fantasy can. This isn’t just about overwhelming the phone lines. I love Disney but I’m basically over DCL at this point. I don’t want to reschedule. I want my money back.

RCCL is handling multiple cancellations at once well into the summer and just one of their Oasis class ships can hold almost twice as many as the Fantasy can. This isn’t just about overwhelming the phone lines. I love Disney but I’m basically over DCL at this point. I don’t want to reschedule. I want my money back.
We have only ever cruised Disney. Huge fans. But when every other cruise line is allowing flexible rebooking/cancels through September and Disney won’t past 5/31 I’m losing patience too.

It's not about overwhelming the phone lines, it's about they're only giving the earlier sailings 15 months to use the credit. If all the sailings book up quickly within the time a March sailing has to book, then they have to refund or extend. If they don't cancel the May sailings until the March and April are mostly decided, they will have less chance of that loss.

It's not about overwhelming the phone lines, it's about they're only giving the earlier sailings 15 months to use the credit. If all the sailings book up quickly within the time a March sailing has to book, then they have to refund or extend. If they don't cancel the May sailings until the March and April are mostly decided, they will have less chance of that loss.

I can see that, but jeez, just give people longer to travel again.

I like your idea, but maybe they don't want it on the books that long or long enough that it affects new bookings for summer or the upcoming fall itineraries. I'm not saying it's right, but fiscally, I can see that being the reason. They only have 4 ships, so fewer sailings than other lines to choose from.

But I agree, the May sailings should be dealt with now, or they should prepare to give 150, not 125 credit.

I like your idea, but maybe they don't want it on the books that long or long enough that it affects new bookings for summer or the upcoming fall itineraries. I'm not saying it's right, but fiscally, I can see that being the reason. They only have 4 ships, so fewer sailings than other lines to choose from.

But I agree, the May sailings should be dealt with now, or they should prepare to give 150, not 125 credit.

That makes sense.

As of yesterday, the CDC changed its policies on how cruise ships must get passengers disembarking from their ships home from US ports:
  • CDC recommends that cruise ship travelers with no symptoms or mild symptoms disembark as quickly and safely as possible at US ports of entry:
    • Cruise line companies must get travelers directly to their homes via chartered or private transportation.
    • Commercial flights and public transportation may not be used.
The announcement goes on to say: "We will continue to evaluate and update our recommendations for returning cruise ship travelers as the situation evolves." Probably stating the obvious, but until this is lifted, I would imagine there will be no new sailings with guests onboard disembarking in US ports.

The full announcement is here: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/cruise-ship/what-cdc-is-doing.html

DCL news now reporting that 38 CM's onboard the Wonder have been diagnosed with COVID, as it sits docked. That ship isn't going anywhere for a long time...
So sad....yes it won’t be going anywhere. We all know it wasn’t going to Hawaii.

Yeah I’m guessing the lack of ships compared to the other lines has something to do with it. Royal and carnival can be more flexible and go further out because they have 20+ ships sailing. If Disney let everyone through September reschedule now all of 2021 would fill up real fast. And then what do they do? Not saying it’s right but I’m guessing that’s part of it

Question for the 125% option.. Our cancelled cruise was for my mom and I ( then people) . If we rebook, then we would most likely do a cruise for a family of 4. Would they use this credit for the whole stateroom or only per person? I read some small print and I fear it means that the credit can only be used for my mom and I .... even if the new cruise is less value, that credit couldnt be "transferred" to other people, But even if in same stateroom? thx

ps.. but at this point I am leaning towards the refund.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter