Coronavirus and DCL Megathread - Suspension of Departures for the fleet until early November. Booking only available from early December.

Question for the 125% option.. Our cancelled cruise was for my mom and I ( then people) . If we rebook, then we would most likely do a cruise for a family of 4. Would they use this credit for the whole stateroom or only per person? I read some small print and I fear it means that the credit can only be used for my mom and I .... even if the new cruise is less value, that credit couldnt be "transferred" to other people, But even if in same stateroom? thx

ps.. but at this point I am leaning towards the refund.
The credit it just for the passengers on the cancelled cruise (you and your Mom). You can add people to the rescheduled cruise reservation, but the FCC can only be applied to the cost for the original passengers.

UPDATE: April 6, 2020 - Disney Wonder Sailings Cancelled Through End of June
The Canadian government has announced that it will not allow any ship with more than 500 passengers to dock in any Canadian port until July 1, at the earliest. Given that your sailing on the Disney Wonder is scheduled to embark and/or debark in Vancouver and Disney Cruise Line has not been able to secure an alternate homeport, it is necessary to cancel their sailing.

In light of this cancellation, Disney Cruise Line is offering the choice of a 125% future cruise credit to be used for a future sailing within 15 months of their original sail date, or a full refund. The credit has been automatically added to their account. Guests and travel agents may place a reservation on hold by applying it as a payment option when booking a new reservation online. The future cruise credit can be added to the booking once you reach the checkout screen.

The following sailings on the Disney Wonder will be cancelled:

• 9-Night Hawaiian Cruise 4/29
  • 10-Night Hawaiian Cruise 5/8
  • 7-Night Alaska Cruise 5/18
  • 7-Night Alaska Cruise 5/25
  • 7-Night Alaska Cruise 6/1
  • 7-Night Alaska Cruise 6/8
  • 7-Night Alaska Cruise 6/15
  • 7-Night Alaska Cruise 6/22
  • 7-Night Alaska Cruise 6/29

The great thing is that cruise credits are available NOW for those affected by today's cancellations. We were able to apply the credits to a booking I placed on hold over a week ago. As much as we could use the refund right now, it feels better to have something to look forward to -- for us, anyway.

UPDATE: April 6, 2020 - Disney Wonder Sailings Cancelled Through End of June
The Canadian government has announced that it will not allow any ship with more than 500 passengers to dock in any Canadian port until July 1, at the earliest. Given that your sailing on the Disney Wonder is scheduled to embark and/or debark in Vancouver and Disney Cruise Line has not been able to secure an alternate homeport, it is necessary to cancel their sailing.

In light of this cancellation, Disney Cruise Line is offering the choice of a 125% future cruise credit to be used for a future sailing within 15 months of their original sail date, or a full refund. The credit has been automatically added to their account. Guests and travel agents may place a reservation on hold by applying it as a payment option when booking a new reservation online. The future cruise credit can be added to the booking once you reach the checkout screen.

The following sailings on the Disney Wonder will be cancelled:

• 9-Night Hawaiian Cruise 4/29
  • 10-Night Hawaiian Cruise 5/8
  • 7-Night Alaska Cruise 5/18
  • 7-Night Alaska Cruise 5/25
  • 7-Night Alaska Cruise 6/1
  • 7-Night Alaska Cruise 6/8
  • 7-Night Alaska Cruise 6/15
  • 7-Night Alaska Cruise 6/22
  • 7-Night Alaska Cruise 6/29

Well, glad folks on the wonder will know what is happening, but have to say I am a little disappointed we are now down to announcements one ship at a time.

Waiting as well. They aren't going to cancel until a. they process these credits/refunds for Hawaii/Alaska (June)and b. they are absolutely positive they can't make a go of it in some way.

I wonder if some of this slow rollout is designed to get people in May-June resigned to the fact that their cruises aren't happening. WDW's announcement that it would not accept reservations of any kind until June 1 had the opposite effect of encouraging people to start booking June vacations thinking Disney must be pretty confident of a June 1 opening.

I’m glad that many of you had your stress relieved. My family, parents in their 80s and I are booked on the July 6th Wonder to Alaska. There’s no way we are cruising, even if the port is open. I’m hoping we will receive an offer. We weren’t included in the delay of the final payment. Our final payment was due on March 4th, but we paid it on February 27, before we knew how bad it was going to get. Very much a first world problem to have. Stay safe everyone

I was happy to hear from DCL today, we were on the 6/22 Alaska sailing. We were offered 125% or full refund. I would love to use the 125% for next year but the prices are crazy. Even w/ 125% I'd be looking at an additional $8,000 out of pocket for a Greece cruise and $5,000 for Alaska. DH thinks we should just do a refund, which is probably what we will do.

The real hangup is that when they cancel you, they offer 125%. The longer they wait, even with a 15-month window, the more it limits your options to pick a new cruise. The longer they wait, the more refunds they will have to process.

I was happy to hear from DCL today, we were on the 6/22 Alaska sailing. We were offered 125% or full refund. I would love to use the 125% for next year but the prices are crazy. Even w/ 125% I'd be looking at an additional $8,000 out of pocket for a Greece cruise and $5,000 for Alaska. DH thinks we should just do a refund, which is probably what we will do.

it’s crazy how expensive DCL is getting. What used to be double other cruise lines is rapidly becoming triple and four times what other lines charge

I just posted my experience with royal on there board. Believe me there a lot worse than Disney

I thought I would share my experience in the very poor customer service from royal we have experienced and that's putting it nicely

We are in the UK and royal cancelled our cruise and I asked for the full refund of £2748

So I got the email saying we can get a full refund or 125% credit, so I called them up and asked them if they could extend the FCC by one year as due to my wife's pregnancy, not been aloud to travel with a baby under 6 months and the fact we already have a holiday booked at the end of next year it's not possible for us to go next year. So they said that shouldn't be a problem and he was going to send the request to the admin team. A few days later I called back and it had been declined. A bit suprised as I thought they would rather keep the money and business but there choice. So I said that's fine I'll just take the refund then

few days later I receive a invoice with £514 on to be refunded, called up again and asked why I got this and after about a hour they said it was a mistake and said it's now all sorted

I then continued to receive invoices every single evening with the wrong amounts on, which I just ignored for about a week (thinking it was just a error again and had already been sorted)

Then today I received a FCC for £2234. Never even included the 25% extra. I asked why have I received this when I asked for a full refund but they said that I asked for the refund before cruise was cancelled so it's a FCC, so he said that's a mistake and told me to call the after cruise team which I done

So then called the after cruise team they said we don't deal with UK bookings so called back to the UK line

I then asked to speak to a manager and explained it to him and he said that my sailing had not even been cancelled. I said please don't tell me this, go onto your website and you will see it for yourself

I then got cut off not once but twice and took ages to get back though to him. He then said the £514 is in the queue to be refunded and I need to speak to the after cruise team to cancel the FCC

so called them again and they decided to take the call this time. The women said that it was a error on there side and it should be refunded within 30 days

felt like arguing the point it should be 30 days from when I asked for the refund as your error is not my fault but had no energy left

so far it's taken over 10 hours off calls including hold times and I still don't expect this to be the end of it

ill stick with Disney cruise line, this has just put me right off royal. What a carry on this has been. Just refund it. Easy

Last edited:
it’s crazy how expensive DCL is getting. What used to be double other cruise lines is rapidly becoming triple and four times what other lines charge
I know, it's crazy! I just don't feel right spending $20,000 on a cruise and that doesn't include airfare or anything else!

More and more looks like we will fly to Australia next year instead! Way cheaper :smooth:

I know, it's crazy! I just don't feel right spending $20,000 on a cruise and that doesn't include airfare or anything else!

More and more looks like we will fly to Australia next year instead! Way cheaper :smooth:

That's Disney for you. Can you imagine anywhere in the world that $1000 a night for a hotel room would not be called insane? As long as people keep paying it, they'll keep raising prices.

We are on the May 9th cruise.... Waitng for the cancelation so that I can get the 125% credit. Even with that- if I transfer to the same cruise in July - same room- 2 people, it will be $1000 out of pocket more--seems nuts but we migh do it anyway. After looking forward to it for so long and knowing we cannot cuise next year, the July cruise seems like a real possiblity ( even though it's really hard to swallow).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter