• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Covid Creativity

I have to say that you all make me feel so much better after once again being informed that basically no one in my husband's extended family will like my handknits and to once again buy a completely impersonal GC for the family gift exchange instead of putting thought and effort into a gift.

A gift card exchange is just silliness. Here, I'll give you a $50 gift card and you give me a $50 gift card. There's really no point in that.

I have to say that you all make me feel so much better after once again being informed that basically no one in my husband's extended family will like my handknits and to once again buy a completely impersonal GC for the family gift exchange instead of putting thought and effort into a gift.
People who can't appreciate a homemade something don't deserve even a gift card. Homemade gifts are a huge step above something purchased in a store or a GC. Last year I was quilting table centers for my siblings. I stopped after I made the tops before I quilted them because I realized they wouldn't appreciate the time and effort. I still have the tops upstairs waiting for their lucky recipients.
That just makes my heart so sad.

I love giving my homemade gifts. But I do know that there are people who don't appreciate the time and cost involved in getting a gift like that.

I have a waiting list of people in my family waiting for a quilt. I have been designated to be the newest quilt maker. My husband's Grandma ( who is 99 now and is STILL quilting :lovestruc )has been making quilts for years for babies, graduations, weddings and anything else.

I can't wait to get started again after my course work is completed, then I just lock myself in my project room and sew until my heart is content until spring arrives and the snow is gone :flower:

I used to make these years ago but stopped for some reason. I can't recall why as the kids loved them. They use to bring a basket to school filled with them for their classmates. Ohh lol - that's probably why. They grew up and left elementary school! Anyways, I pulled out my basket and started up again a few days ago. I'm going to try to sell these on some local buy & sell sites.

santa kisses 1.jpgsanta kisses 2.jpg

Third time's a charm.... I bought the wrong yarn 2 times,,,,, I finally started it
My Ravenclaw scarf,,,, and I WILL wear it to Universal Studios someday!
My sister in law was happy with the yarn donation from the first two shops...lol.lol.
Hugs
Mel
Soq2k6p.jpg

I used to make these years ago but stopped for some reason. I can't recall why as the kids loved them. They use to bring a basket to school filled with them for their classmates. Ohh lol - that's probably why. They grew up and left elementary school! Anyways, I pulled out my basket and started up again a few days ago. I'm going to try to sell these on some local buy & sell sites.

View attachment 542061View attachment 542062
These are adorable Hon
Thanks for sharing.
Hugs
Mel

View attachment 542061

I have one of those that has been hanging on my tree for years. Love it.

My kids loved them too but we had little mice ones that were gifted to them. We have them in our Christmas bin for the tree as well. I think they liked the surprise of it, and of course the chocolate LOL

These are adorable Hon
Thanks for sharing.
Hugs
Mel

Thanks!

I have one of those that has been hanging on my tree for years. Love it.

They are cute aren't they?

My kids loved them too but we had little mice ones that were gifted to them. We have them in our Christmas bin for the tree as well. I think they liked the surprise of it, and of course the chocolate LOL

Ohh mice! I can almost see that. They would look adorable. I'd love to see a photo if you could post on.

So I had 30 of these and have already sold 26 since last night. That gives me a bit of money to spend on my digital scrapbooking hobby. With my entire paycheque going straight into our mortgage, it was nice to find a way to make a little bit of spending money.

Third time's a charm.... I bought the wrong yarn 2 times,,,,, I finally started it
My sister in law was happy with the yarn donation from the first two shops...lol.lol.
Hugs
Mel
Soq2k6p.jpg

I can't wait to see the finished scarf! I wish I had learned to knit when I was a kid.

I have made these mice before with christmas printed cardstock and red and white and green hershey's kisses/hugs.
I know the video is for Valentines Day but I don't have a Christmas example

Hugs Mel

Next year I am making a bunch of these.

I wish they would get the red and white Kisses here in Canada

Last edited:
I seriously wish we had this store here in Canada
Five Below

I was done in at 8:37 of the Video when she shows you the Mickey Santa Hat!!!!!!
Can you tell I am missing my *Retail Therapy* here.
Get me out of Lockdown Please!!!!

Hugs
Mel

Last edited:
I seriously wish we had this store here in Canada
Five Below

I was done in at 8:37 of the Video when she shows you the Mickey Santa Hat!!!!!!
Can you tell I am missing my *Retail Therapy* here.
Get me out of Lockdown Please!!!!

Hugs
Mel

Wow, I would buy almost everything she showed. My local Dollarama and Buck or Two doesn’t even come close. My area isnt in lockdown yet but my shopping habits have changed and I do miss the freedom to just shop wherever and whenever. Thanks for sharing, I just subbed to that Youtuber, lol.

Nothing handmade for me like some of the wonderful creations posted above...But we always purchase a wall calendar for our kitchen. Usually it's a cute dog calendar or something similar. This year I got "creative' and put together my own using Blacks website. Took my favorite past pictures from our (cruise) vacations. I love creating vacation photobooks so was a fun task. Hopefully it will help cheer us up until we can actually cruise again....which hopefully will be one of those 2021 months!

I actually have that Mickey hat from my trip back in the early 2000's - well re-watching the video the ears on that one are furry and my are hard plastic. Can't remember the year I bought it but I do remember buying the Lumberjack mickey hat in 2011. I am going to get my hats out early this year and wear them when I do my weekly grocery shopping because why not?

Those are SUPER adorable!!!! How sweet

Hugs
Mel

Are you knitting or crocheting it? That yarn looks like it would make a crazy soft scarf. It looks marvelous so far.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter