Crock Pot Cooking

HvnzCaress and sltrawick -
Questions about the cream cheese chicken recipe....

do you have to remove the chicken after the 4 to 6 hours in order to add the cream of chicken soup and cream cheese?

can you add the soup and cream cheese at the beginning and let the entire thing cook for 4 to 6 hours? (or does the cream cheese get "funky")

when you add the other veggies, do you do that when you first star the dish or after the 4-6 hours when you add the soup and cream cheese?

thanks -

- lori

Originally posted by loriandmatt
HvnzCaress and sltrawick -
Questions about the cream cheese chicken recipe....

do you have to remove the chicken after the 4 to 6 hours in order to add the cream of chicken soup and cream cheese?

can you add the soup and cream cheese at the beginning and let the entire thing cook for 4 to 6 hours? (or does the cream cheese get "funky")

when you add the other veggies, do you do that when you first star the dish or after the 4-6 hours when you add the soup and cream cheese?

thanks -

- lori

Hi Lori,
You add the cream of chicken soup, margarine and chicken & dry good season mix. Cook. Take out the chicken only (I use a slotted spoon). Add cream cheese and stir until melted. Add chicken back in and then cook additional tim.
Hope this helps.

When I made my Cream Cheese chicken I cooked the dry good seasons mix, butter and diced chicken for the 4 hours. I then removed the chicken, mixed it with the soup and cream cheese and then cooked it for the remaining time...I hope that makes sense.

Since this was the first time for me, I didn't add the veggies...I'll try that the next time. I will probably add a can of Peas for the last 30 minutes. They don't need to cook for 4 hours!!

Your supposed to remove the chicken and then add the soup and cream cheese????

Me....I usually rinse and cube the boneless chicken breasts spray the inside of the crockpot with pam just for easy clean up later then just throw it all in (seasoning, soup, cream cheese, butter). I don't even stir it till I get back home. I usually do this in the morning on my way out to work so when I get home I cook up some rice and mmm mmm good.

As for the veggies though it depends on what I'm using. When I did the carrots I used the little fresh finger size ones (you know the kids snack ones) so I think these went right in with the rest. When I did broccoli it was frozen broccoli so I waited and put this probably about 1/2 hour before we ate. The mushrooms were fresh slices so they went in maybe the same 1/2 hour time frame as the broccoli.

But then what do I know...I've never removed the chicken in the middle of the cooking LOL.

BTW...Don't remember if i saw this on here but one thing I'm planning for our disney trip this summer is french dips...

In the crock pt put a good 3-4 LB. chuck roast an onion quartered and a packet of au jus w/ 1/2 C of water (I usually use two packets and a cup of water). Leave to cook on low 6-8 hours (less on high I think).

When ready to eat shred the meat with a fork and put on nice rolls with cheese if you like and the onions from the pot ladel some au jus into a cup for dipping.

I told my kids we'll do these in Disney after we've visited the french pavillion and gotton some good baguette.

There is also a good recipe for a crockpot western omelet...

32 ouncees hash browns, frozen
1 pound ham, extra lean, cooked and cubed
1 medium onion diced
1 medium green bell pepper, diced
1 1/2 cups Monterey Jack Cheese, shredder (I plan on using Cheddar)
12 eggs
1 cup milk, skim
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper, or to taste

Place a layer of frozen potatoes on the bottom of the crock pot, followed by a layer of ham, then onions, green peppers and cheese.

Repeat the layering process two or three times, ending with a layer of cheese.

Beat the eggs, milk and salt & pepper together. Pour over the mixture inside the crockpot, cover and turn on low. Cook for 10-12 hours, overnight, and enjoy for breakfast or brunch the next day.

Just wanted to post a lil reminder warning that you have to be careful when adding frozen items to a hot crock pot. You can "shock" the pot and it will crack. Then all you will have is a crack pot. Also be careful when adding a hot pot to dishwater. If you have the kind with the removeable pot, make sure you let it cool some before washing it or add it to really hot water. Happy cooking gang!:Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter