Crowds...Thanksgiving week vs. early June

Soupermom

DIS Veteran
Can anyone offer a comparison of the crowd levels at WDW during the first part of Thanksgiving week (Sat. thru Wed.) and the second week of June? I'd really like to plan our next trip in November and since we are teachers, this may be our only option. I'd like to skip the June heat again! The crowds were manageable but I wouldn't mind if they were smaller and it was cooler.

TIA:wave2:

Thanks! Bumping for more opinions...specifically about the week of/days before Thanksgiving.

We will be ther at exactly the same time this year at Thanksgiving. We have also been previously in early June, and it sure was HOT. I do expect cooler temps, but I am bracing myself for bigger crowds.

We've done Thanksgiving week (Sat before to Sat after) a few times and will be doing similar this year. We did the 1st full week of June in 2002. I typically avoid always and never... we will never go in June again. Too crowded, too hot, too many people trying to do too much (AKA: kamakazee (sp?))

The crowds from Sat thru Tuesday will be lighter than early June. The crowds will be noticeably larger late Wednesday. Thursday is pretty bad, Friday isn't any better.

We attempt to do 90% of our park stuff before Thursday. We visit Downtown Disney late in the week for shopping and etc.

Agree with Mickey's post above. Done TGiving week last 5 years. Beautiful weather and kids only miss 2 days. Only park that is awful is MK. Universal was a ghost town the Sat/Sun before Thanksgiving if you are thinking of going there.

June ,the second week, was so horrible we will not ever even consider it as an option again. Lines where very long and the heat was making everyone edgy. The only thing nice I have to say about June was that the nights were wonderfully comfortable.

Mary

Thanks for everyone's input! When you say the MK was awful, do you mean all week, or just later in the week? We would probably visit the parks Saturday/Sunday- Wednesday. Not much interest in returning to MGM and MK is our favorite. Thanks again.

Soupermom,

This year we will be trying to go to MK the Sat. before, but are not too optimistic as have read other posts saying it is very crowded.

We have tried both the Monday and Tuesday before and had to wait in a line just to walk from one attraction to the other. I cannot abide being shuffled along with a crowd. Headed for the exit as quickly as possible and high tailed it over to Epcot which was fine. Another time left for MGM which was crowded but only about 1/4 as crowded as MK. Last year we just skipped trying to go to MK at all.

No matter, you will adjust and still have fun.

Mary

Mary

Thanks for sharing your info. Hmmm...I had a friend go during that week last year and she said it was great. Very managable. We went in June this year and although the crowds were managable for us, I'd rather do it in the cooler temps. That's why I'm wondering how the crowds compare....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter