Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any word on how long the security/temp check line actually took from CR? I really hope it’s not longer than the bus and TTC line...

I am glad she is leaving - just not good for her to be there now. There is no way things are going to be 100% compliant 100% of the time and if every tiny deviation will upset you (which is understandable) then best to not be there. Feel bad for her
Anyone that has been following her knew this was coming. This is a her issue and not a park issue.

While I understand her job is reporting on theme parks, the amount of anxiety she seems to have over going.... might be time to consider a change? A leave of absence? She’s giving me anxiety for her anxiety 😬
I think we’re going to see a bit of this and just need to remember that a lot of people going to WDW are going to be adjusting to seeing and being around people again.

There’s going to be a lot of people experiencing “new normal” for the first time and we should, IMO, keep that in mind as we digest their posts and pictures.

Just because someone is anxious about what they are feeling or seeing doesn’t mean Disney is doing something wrong.

That being said, Disney should get some spacing markers out there for that line. It was routinely busy and tight before COVID, let alone after Disney has been changing people’s vacation plans and APs for 4 months. But again, just a moment in time and possibly already corrected.

Glad she chose to leave for her own health and safety. She was definitely on edge about this whole trip prior to even coming down, and clearly her anxiety of the crowding of people caused an emotional response. It's not worth it for her to be there.

While the distancing is a bad look, everyone in those photos are at least wearing masks which is still at least something. All of these people know the risks coming.

This is doing what I was hoping it wouldn't do...

Making me say screw it and go to Disney sometime this year

I see worse social distancing in supermarkets I go to now. Might as well have a good time in life

Side note: Alot of people enjoy the parks empty like I saw with the previews. For me though, seeing that makes it lifeless. No people equal a lifeless park to me. I like some crowds

I understand needing to make money, but that's a pretty bitter pill for those with blocked AP's. At some point you have to factor in customer service instead of just looking at $$$$$. I think it's yet another indication of just how low demand is to go to the parks.
I wonder what they’ll do if an AP (who doesn’t have their 3 reservations already) shows up at the gate today?

Logistically, Magic Kingdom is going to be the most difficult park because there's no good way to get there if you're not staying at Bay Lake Tower. This is the first real full day, so I assumed that there were going to be problems like there have been for every other park's opening day. Magic Kingdom is also the most popular theme park in the entire world.

Hopefully they use what they learned today and try to do better tomorrow.

Based on the current ride times, I was thinking that too. There isn't that much of a need to rope drop right now. Especially since I can't imagine being in the park the entire day due to the heat / mask combo.

If Disney wants to generate another revenue stream, they really ought to take advantage of the early park closures and start selling the after hours events ASAP. While I understand that the parks need to be cleaned, based on what I've seen reported, there is plenty of time to do this after a midnight or 1:00 close. It also helps alleviate some of your transportation volume at park close. These events were huge money makers for them the past few years with very high margins. For a company that is cash-starved, they have left a lot of cash on the table. This seems like a no-brainer to me and we would have gladly bought tickets for several of these events.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter