Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which rides would you recommend?
When we were there end of august we went straight on to MMRR(seems to have the longest waits) when we were let through the gates. Both days we were at HS we were able to ride that then head to Toy story area or RR/TOT and ride one of them as well all before 10.

Which rides would you recommend?
I can say on my trip it worked out great to get in to HS at 9:15 and go straight to MMRR, then to SDD. I could have ridden one more thing before park open but decided to find a good empty spot to stand and get a boarding group for ROTR. I got that and at 10 walked on to swirling saucers, got on ROTR, then SR, TSM, ToT, then just chilled before my lunch reservation. ST and RnR make me pretty motion sick so I didn't go on those, but I had it all ridden aside from those by noon. Park was pretty busy that day too, so it's not like it was a slow day, it just pays to get there really early.

Seeing these HS times i am happy i changed to 1 HS day and 2 AK days, just more for the kids to do.

Am i reading it correctly there are two 'shows" at HS? Disney Junior Dance party and Disney Society Orchestra (is this new?)
Disney Society Orchestra is in the same theater as Beauty and the Beast. There is also Lightning McQueen's Racing Academy and Muppets as far as shows go.

For those who have been what are you estimates as to what these times actually are? I'm thinking shave off 20-30 mins?

Closer to 10-20 probably. But it really depends on when you hit it. I’ve seen MFSR go from 85 min to 35 in a matter of 5 minutes on MDE

Closer to 10-20 probably. But it really depends on when you hit it. I’ve seen MFSR go from 85 min to 35 in a matter of 5 minutes on MDE

Without FP+, DHS is in desperate need of the shows to return to balance out the standby lines.

I'm sure it's way more complicated than I'm making it to be, but I'm getting the sense that what we have right now is what we are going to have for a while. There is no incentive for Disney to make more things to do, unless they can increase capacity.

Without FP+, DHS is in desperate need of the shows to return to balance out the standby lines.

I'm sure it's way more complicated than I'm making it to be, but I'm getting the sense that what we have right now is what we are going to have for a while. There is no incentive for Disney to make more things to do, unless they can increase capacity.
I think FP+ would make this problem worse.

For those who have been what are you estimates as to what these times actually are? I'm thinking shave off 20-30 mins?
Our experience was that the times were inaccurate, but in an inconsistent way. I once saw MFSR listed at 70 minutes with the line going all the way past Oga's. Later in the day, the line was not even out the entrance and the wait time... still said 70 minutes. I am sure most wait times are inflated, but don't count on anything. We waited in at least two lines that took longer than the listed wait time. Most of the time, I tried not to pay attention to time -- you cannot do anything about it anyway, so it is less stressful to just ignore it.

Edited to clarify: I mean ignore it once you are in line. Obviously, you will want to consider both perceived line length and posted wait times to decide when to ride.

Im under the, they’ve-already-increased-capacity camp. But yes, they need other offerings in that park. the other 3 parks are much easier to walk around and take in the atmosphere of the parks while DHS is rides, rides, rides, 3 shops, rides, Galaxy’s edge, rides. There’s also only so much they can do until the actors come back. The symphony isnt going to cut it.

Sadly I believe we're going to enter a 'milking it' stage where capacity is increased but offerings aren't (by much) until revenue is where they want it to be. Spring 2021 is about where a lot of us seem to be zeroing in on things returning to more of a normal. Hopefully!

Unfortunately the wait times for those rides (the 3 times we were there) were pretty acurate. Slinky is 45 minutes when it's about 2 umbrellas from the snack stand. MMRR stays consistent at about 70 minutes all day. TOT and RnR go down to almost nothing at the end of the night. You should be able to find the Falcon at 35 minutes after 2pm.

The waits that we found inflated were the continuous load rides like Peter Pan, HM, Pooh, LM, TSM etc. We also found that at Epcot if you go to Test Track (during the week) first then you'll be able to get on Frozen in under 20 minutes about an hour after park open. Seems a lot go to Frozen first and once that first wave is gone you can get on fast and then it will pick up again 1pm and later.

Most of the time, I tried not to pay attention to time -- you cannot do anything about it anyway, so it is less stressful to just ignore it.

Edited to clarify: I mean ignore it once you are in line. Obviously, you will want to consider both perceived line length and posted wait times to decide when to ride.

While in the parks typically the only wait time that matters to me is the 2nd and sometimes 3rd to last ride(s) before park close as I try to time it out that I can get on one of the more popular rides (FoP, SDMT/Space, TT, and RnRc/ToT/MMRR) right before park close. But other than that, very rarely do I make choices based on wait times unless it’s a major ride that usually has a long line that has a short posted wait time. Like I’ve left a 10 minute HM line to go over to a 20 minute Space Mountain line in the past, but it’s rare that I’ll do that

Im under the, they’ve-already-increased-capacity camp. But yes, they need other offerings in that park. the other 3 parks are much easier to walk around and take in the atmosphere of the parks while DHS is rides, rides, rides, 3 shops, rides, Galaxy’s edge, rides. There’s also only so much they can do until the actors come back. The symphony isnt going to cut it.

yeah, I think more offerings would help - some more of the shows and bringing back the Citizens of Hollywood - plus the evening shows (Fantasmic! etc,) would help spread out the crowds.

As long as they continue to have consistency issues with Rise of the Resistance and we still have the BG process it is always going to be a "rope drop" challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter