Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
some news on the Poly refurb
work will take place at the Great Ceremonial House Sunday nights through Thursday nights, from 10 p.m.–4:30 a.m. beginning on Oct. 4. This means the Great Ceremonial House needs to be clear of everyone by 10 p.m. Sunday through Thursday.

here are the new hours

• On Sept. 28, the Front Desk area will move to a temporary location at Pago Pago, building #11.
  • The porte cochere and front entrance will be unavailable beginning Sept. 28. You have to use the back entrance by pineapple lanai to enter the lobby
  • If you're arriving by personal vehicle or Disney’s Magical Express will be directed to the right from the security kiosk.
  • Operating hours will be adjusted for the following locations beginning Oct. 4:
    • Kona Café: Sun.–Thu.: 7:30 a.m.–8:30 p.m., Fri. & Sat.: 7:30 a.m.–9 p.m.
    • Moana Mercantile: 8 a.m.–9:30 p.m.
    • Pineapple Lanai: 10 a.m.–9 p.m.
    • Tambu Lounge: Sun.–Thu.: 2–9 p.m., Fri. & Sat.: 4–11 p.m.
  • Monorail station will close Nov 2nd

I don't understand why the bars at the hotels close at 9. I sure hope this ends by next spring...

What are the people supposed to do at night when parks are closing so early? Is it because there's no one at the hotels?

I mean, I guess we could just drink wine in the room, but I'd rather drink amongst strangers....

So is Disney Jr show open or no? I thought it was, but it says “temporarily unavailable” on the website.

So I am having a brain cramp, how early is each park letting guests "in" and actually line up and/or ride? Is it 30 mins before park opening or more? is it just HS? I remember when we went in February to HS they let us in I want to say it was at least 30 mins prior to official park opening but held us on Hollywood boulevard...until it was very close to park opening..

I may be just late to the party on this one, but has anyone else noticed that the parks are now showing "summer" hours (MK 9-7, EP 11-9, DHS 10-8, DAK 8-6) for this upcoming Friday, Saturday, and Sunday?
Of course the 2 weeks they reduce the hours were the two weeks we were there. lol I did fill out a couple of surveys so maybe they listened.

Of course the 2 weeks they reduce the hours were the two weeks we were there. lol I did fill out a couple of surveys so maybe they listened.
It's important to note that these changes appear to be (as of now) only for this upcoming Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if we see them start extending hours piecemeal as each weekend gets closer when (thanks to the reservation system) they have a firm idea of how many Guests they're expecting. September has certainly turned out better than they feared, so we'll see if the "crowds" continue. Again, I know I say this a lot but October is going to be very important in determining what park hours situation and offerings look like for November and December.

I don't understand why the bars at the hotels close at 9. I sure hope this ends by next spring...

What are the people supposed to do at night when parks are closing so early? Is it because there's no one at the hotels?

I mean, I guess we could just drink wine in the room, but I'd rather drink amongst strangers....

That's our plan! We are driving down next week and plan on bringing a nice stash of wine to enjoy on our balcony at night. If Disney doesn't want our evening $$ we will just give it to the PA Wine and Spirits stores before we leave home, and save a ton of $$$ in the process :goodvibes .

But for the record I agree with you. The lack of things to do at night (especially things that could bring in revenue) is a head scratcher.

Last edited:
That's our plan! We are driving down next week and plan on bringing a nice stash of wine to enjoy on our balcony at night. If Disney doesn't want our evening $$ we will just give it to the PA Wine and Spirits stores before we leave home, and save a ton of $$$ in the process :goodvibes .

But for the record I agree with you. The lack of things to do at night (especially things that could bring in revenue) are a head scratcher.

If I was there now I'd bring my wine to the lobby or outside on a bench and see if anyone joins me in my revelry - with safe social distancing of course.... :D

Ooo am i glad I changed my Poly reservation....

I mean, I'm glad things are open, but that's a lot.

It’s only for Poly during the refurb because GCH will be closing by 10 each night for overnight construction.

I may be just late to the party on this one, but has anyone else noticed that the parks are now showing "summer" hours (MK 9-7, EP 11-9, DHS 10-8, DAK 8-6) for this upcoming Friday, Saturday, and Sunday?
It is a holiday weekend for a lot of schools for Yom Kippur. So maybe they’re anticipating a lot more visitors for a long weekend?

Thankfully I’m there Wednesday-Friday this week, so I’ll avoid the influx of people for the long weekend.

I know Riviera's bar was closing at 9 too and I thought somewhere else...
Oh I didn’t know it was others too. That’s weird then. Yeah, with parks closing early you’d think they’d keep dining establishments in the resorts open later. But I guess they want to avoid overcrowding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter