• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t imagine they’d be testing the fireworks for 6+ months in advance. I’ve said for months I wouldn’t be surprised if Epcot had fireworks before the end of the year, that looks like it COULD be true. I’m hopeful, but still some hurdles to overcome.

I can’t imagine they’d be testing the fireworks for 6+ months in advance. I’ve said for months I wouldn’t be surprised if Epcot had fireworks before the end of the year, that looks like it COULD be true. I’m hopeful, but still some hurdles to overcome.

If you are going to do fireworks anywhere Epcot would be it but it has to be a show you can see from anywhere around the WS area.

On the downside,. if only epcot has fireworks soon that points to park hopping not returning soon. Fireworks at only one park + hopping is not a good combo.

If you are going to do fireworks anywhere Epcot would be it but it has to be a show you can see from anywhere around the WS area.

On the downside,. if only epcot has fireworks soon that points to park hopping not returning soon. Fireworks at only one park + hopping is not a good combo.

Why can't you hop under those circumstances? If there are still capacity limits, whoever gets in, gets in. I'm sure you would still have to pick your two parks in advance, so the buckets would show full when they hit capacity.

They could always implement hopping for APs only and test what could be the way park hopping with reservations may look like. That’s complete speculation on my end

They could always implement hopping for APs only and test what could be the way park hopping with reservations may look like. That’s complete speculation on my end
And it would bring back some value to the AP that many have expressed has been lost recently. It would be a nice “thank you for sticking with us.” Hopefully it would be 7 nights a week if they do restart in one park only, if only to spread demand through the week.

When during any of this have APs been prioritized over people staying on-property? I don't think hopping for APs only is likely to be a thing. That is something that would get me to cancel my upcoming trip.

There were tests for Harmonious prior to covid **** downs. Different aspects need test and adjust.

When during any of this have APs been prioritized over people staying on-property? I don't think hopping for APs only is likely to be a thing. That is something that would get me to cancel my upcoming trip.

Yes, I'd have to agree. If I'm staying on property, you better be giving me park hopping too! :D

This isn’t to say that they’re taking anything away from on-property guests, the ability to park hop is already included into the AP. On-Property guests wouldn’t be disallowed from going to Epcot. It wouldn’t be prioritizing APs, it would simply just be giving back perks that they’re already paying for. I’m not saying this will happen, just giving my opinion on what could happen

This isn’t to say that they’re taking anything away from on-property guests, the ability to park hop is already included into the AP. On-Property guests wouldn’t be disallowed from going to Epcot. It wouldn’t be prioritizing APs, it would simply just be giving back perks that they’re already paying for. I’m not saying this will happen, just giving my opinion on what could happen

If APs could park hop and I couldn't that would get me to cancel my trip and rebook when I could do the same. and I doubt I'd be alone. For my next trip my purchased tickets are hoppers so in effect I've already paid for it too.

We'll find out if you're right but I'd be very surprised if they took that route.

Well, my UT tickets still have hopping since I haven't dealt with it. So I paid too.

hmmm more fireworks new today.

maybe we might see something after all at MK and Epcot sooner rather than later.

https://blogmickey.com/2020/09/project-nugget-magic-kingdom-fireworks-bunker-refurbishment-underway/

Project nugget could be the 50th firework show, so it wouldn’t debut until late summer/early fall 2021 (if those rumors turn out to be true). I’d guess if when fireworks resume at MK, it’ll be HEA, and probably not until at the earliest, March/April based on nothing other than my own speculation

If APs could park hop and I couldn't that would get me to cancel my trip and rebook when I could do the same. and I doubt I'd be alone. For my next trip my purchased tickets are hoppers so in effect I've already paid for it too.

We'll find out if you're right but I'd be very surprised if they took that route.

There’s a 99% chance that I’m wrong. Was just stating what I think they could do right now in terms of park hopping as I don’t think the option will be available to again until 2021. As Ryan said, this is probably just testing for harmonious and its nothing to get excited about because that show probably wouldn’t premiere under the current climate

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter