Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s a 99% chance that I’m wrong. Was just stating what I think they could do right now in terms of park hopping as I don’t think the option will be available to again until 2021. As Ryan said, this is probably just testing for harmonious and its nothing to get excited about because that show probably wouldn’t premiere under the current climate

And that is what I'm betting on is harmonious testing since we know they have started work again on the boats.

Right now I think we are looking at march/April for fireworks, M&G, hopping, and that kind of things based on thinigs like the water park announcement and now the rundisney cancellatiions and thiings lilke that. It really seems like March/April is what disney is targeting for any normalcy. When they do bring hopping back I expect t will be for everybody at once (or at least everybody has an equal shot at hopping - it could initially come back with limited capacity and be a separate "park" to reserve)

Project nugget could be the 50th firework show, so it wouldn’t debut until late summer/early fall 2021 (if those rumors turn out to be true). I’d guess if when fireworks resume at MK, it’ll be HEA, and probably not until at the earliest, March/April based on nothing other than my own speculation

or maybe they could bring back Wishes since proximity/view of the Castle isn't as important for that show ;)

Why can't you hop under those circumstances? If there are still capacity limits, whoever gets in, gets in. I'm sure you would still have to pick your two parks in advance, so the buckets would show full when they hit capacity.
What a boon to the restaurants it would be if an ADR guaranteed you entry to EP! Although they’d have to charge no shows which is bad policy during this don’t come if you’re sick time so that’s not happening.

They could always implement hopping for APs only and test what could be the way park hopping with reservations may look like. That’s complete speculation on my end
Disney Food Chain has two levels

Top: Everybody on the planet but WDW APs
Somewhere under the FL swamps: APs

When PH comes back normal folks will be able to buy entry, probably have more hopping availability open to them than APs.

There were tests for Harmonious prior to covid **** downs. Different aspects need test and adjust.
This has been a ****down I have felt like that since Day 1!

And that is what I'm betting on is harmonious testing since we know they have started work again on the boats.

Right now I think we are looking at march/April for fireworks, M&G, hopping, and that kind of things based on thinigs like the water park announcement and now the rundisney cancellatiions and thiings lilke that. It really seems like March/April is what disney is targeting for any normalcy. When they do bring hopping back I expect t will be for everybody at once (or at least everybody has an equal shot at hopping - it could initially come back with limited capacity and be a separate "park" to reserve)
The overall timeline makes sense. It’s roughly 1 year from initial closure, 8 months to figure things out and get through the holidays, and the start of weather warming back up to the infernal Florida summer. It’s a few months of tweaks before summer really starts for most schools, and almost 6 months to really gear up for the start of the 50th in full force in October. It would also allow TWDC a chance to show investors that they’re gearing up in force for FY20-21. A lot of reasons to believe spring is a target for really beefing up operations of winter goes well.

Yeah they would do fireworks tests pretty regularly after hours, especially when prepping for new shows. I remember staying at Poly 6-8 months before Wishes ended and they were doing fireworks testing and some weird lighting around 11:30-midnight in MK and wondering what it was. Little did I know it was HEA testing. So 6+ months out for Harmonious, along with the pics of the barges being worked on, definitely points to this just being a routine Harmonious test. Probably will see this quite a few more times between now and the end of the year, especially.

I‘m just sad we changed our stay back to OKW for tomorrow night-Friday from BWV. We kept going back and forth, but decided OKW was right for us for this trip, and now we could have seen fireworks lol.

I hope you are correct with the fireworks timeline. It would make sense, but things have a bit nonsensical this year.

People are so used to wait times of 30 or 40 minutes for those rides meaning the parks are completely packed, but without FP+ those lines are normal for a level 1 day. Without FP+ people are going to spend more time on lines as they aren’t going to be planning their waiting out ahead of time.
I thought FP increased wait times even further. And isn’t 40 minutes still 40 minutes regardless of why?

Last edited:
I thought FP increased wait times even further And isn’t 40 minutes is 40 minutes regardless of why?
yes. I definitely woudn't consider crowds right now a 1. I've gone in September for years. It's definitely more crowded this year especially on the weekends. Part of that crowd is probably due to more limited offerings so what IS open you have to wait longer for.

yes. I definitely woudn't consider crowds right now a 1. I've gone in September for years. It's definitely more crowded this year especially on the weekends. Part of that crowd is probably due to more limited offerings so what IS open you have to wait longer for.
Yeah I was there in September last year and Epcot especially was a ghost town. Definitely not the same this year based on reports and wait times. But in good news, September/October being strong attendance wise and hopefully revenue wise lends itself to more offerings coming online sooner.

Seems I’m in the minority but I loved FP. I always expect crowds at WDW but with FP I can rope drop 2-3 major attractions then start using my FPs and get rolling FPs from there. Hasn’t failed me yet. Feeling like a fish out of water trying to plan for Christmas.

The HS wait times today have me panicking about being there next Monday. Does anyone think switching to Thursday would be better? Or will all the weekdays be basically the same?
I'm going Thanksgiving, where HS is at "capacity" each day. I'm panicking! Thanksfully we have 1 1/2 days there (doing a partial day on our arrival day) so I'm really hoping we get a chance to do everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter