Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one is fooling anyone here. The goal is to minimize costs- in other words hire fewer CMs. Consumers are putting up with DIY so now is the time to see how far Disney can go. The more guests DIY, the less CMs Disney has to pay. And honestly, I wish this had been an option when I was there last month. The checkout line at Emporium was like half an hour.
In that respect, we agree. I just want to be able to find a CM beyond a few people at the doors and (hopefully) a drop off for resort package delivery.

Random thoughts/questions:

- I was browsing the WDW FB page today, reading the comments, and I came to the conclusion that a lot of people either do no research at all or just don't bother to read the fine print. I would bet 90% of the complaints were from people who had clearly not taken the time to read the fine print about the Covid policies in place (masks, not allowed to walk around eating etc...). They were upset they had paid all that money to go and be forced to wear masks all the time, not eat and walk around as they wanted etc...

- Probably half of the remaining complaints were from first-timers complaining about how little there was to do/how much was shut down. I won't lie, I just cannot imagine why anyone would choose the middle of a pandemic to go to Disney World for the first time ever. And of course again, it goes back to - actually read the fine print! Disney has been up front about all of us.

- Calvalcades. I've seen a lot of chatter on FB from people who are really enjoying these. Some even prefer them to the normal parade because a) they run more frequently, so if you miss it, not a big deal you can catch it later and b) they're running in all four parks. Do you think these are something that might stick around once things go "back to normal"?

Random thoughts/questions:

- I was browsing the WDW FB page today, reading the comments, and I came to the conclusion that a lot of people either do no research at all or just don't bother to read the fine print. I would bet 90% of the complaints were from people who had clearly not taken the time to read the fine print about the Covid policies in place (masks, not allowed to walk around eating etc...). They were upset they had paid all that money to go and be forced to wear masks all the time, not eat and walk around as they wanted etc...

- Probably half of the remaining complaints were from first-timers complaining about how little there was to do/how much was shut down. I won't lie, I just cannot imagine why anyone would choose the middle of a pandemic to go to Disney World for the first time ever. And of course again, it goes back to - actually read the fine print! Disney has been up front about all of us.

- Calvalcades. I've seen a lot of chatter on FB from people who are really enjoying these. Some even prefer them to the normal parade because a) they run more frequently, so if you miss it, not a big deal you can catch it later and b) they're running in all four parks. Do you think these are something that might stick around once things go "back to normal"?

We are not really parade people (except Spectromagic, RIP), haven’t been there to experience them but I love the idea of cavalcades instead of or in addition to the parades. Unpopular opinion, I would even give up much of the permanent meet and greets in favour of “spontaneous” Pooh frolicking in the grass type moments.

Parades can take a lot of time commitment, and we are usually not in the parks, especially MK, in the afternoon to enjoy them. Team cavalcades!

<snip>
I hope they do stick around. It was truly pleasant to be able to tour MK without having to plan where to be or where to walk during a specific time in order to see the parade or to get around the parade route. The cavalcades also reminded me of the early 90s, when the characters would just show up and surprise you.

We are not really parade people (except Spectromagic, RIP), haven’t been there to experience them but I love the idea of cavalcades instead of or in addition to the parades. Unpopular opinion, I would even give up much of the permanent meet and greets in favour of “spontaneous” Pooh frolicking in the grass type moments.

Parades can take a lot of time commitment, and we are usually not in the parks, especially MK, in the afternoon to enjoy them. Team cavalcades!

I agree about the cavalcades - other than a nighttime parade which I really enjoy (be it Paint the Night or whatever)

I would also welcome trading some traditional meet & greets in exchange for keeping Pooh and Joy frolicing, etc - though I do think some "key" ones are important to have (Fab 5, Princesses, etc.)

I hope they do stick around. It was truly pleasant to be able to tour MK without having to plan where to be or where to walk during a specific time in order to see the parade or to get around the parade route. The cavalcades also reminded me of the early 90s, when the characters would just show up and surprise you.

especially nice at the parks that don't normally have parades (AK, EPCOT, etc.)

I would never want to give up regular meet and greets - those mean way too much for my kids. In fact they're one of the main reasons we go.

But I 100% agree about the calvacade instead of a parade. I loved FoF, but, like you, we normally take afternoon breaks, especially since we travel in summer.

I am so on Team Cavalcades!

CAVALCADES FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:banana::banana::banana:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter