Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
agreed - I am sure that the end goal woudl be for Disney to save $ by having less CMs employhed in total ... but hopefully they continue to have plenty that are still providing guest services to help their experience and doing things they can't do on their own, etc. So more just shifting some rolls than terminating all of them
Just thinking, would these be non union jobs and therefore could pay less per hour. Maybe Yulilin3 would know? If the answer is yes, it really is a bad faith move by Disney.

I’m all for saving time and convenience, so long as this doesn’t turn WDW into a do it yourself experience. I still want CM on the floor, helping guests with selections and checking back rooms for stock, etc.

I'm sure they will have CMs, but definitely not as many. I agree with I'd like to see ship to resort come back, so maybe after you complete purchase they will have a counter and a CM to drop your stuff off with to send to resort. Also they would need someone to wrap anything that's fragile.

For someone like me who loooooooooooves self-check out, this sounds amazing!

I'm sure they will have CMs, but definitely not as many. I agree with I'd like to see ship to resort come back, so maybe after you complete purchase they will have a counter and a CM to drop your stuff off with to send to resort. Also they would need someone to wrap anything that's fragile.

For someone like me who loooooooooooves self-check out, this sounds amazing!
And I have no doubt the end game is to not have as many. I'm sure even cutting the number of cashiers in half in most shops throughout WDW would make a huge difference in labor costs. You also raise a good point on fragile item wrapping. Like you said, some remain but less. I just hope they don't push that envelope too far.

Also, as someone who buys distilled water every trip for their CPAP, someone needs to be able to go to the backroom and get that for folks like me. I wish they'd add it to online check in like they do for the cruises. Show up to the stateroom and the water's there. Show up to WDW and it's an extra trip to the gift shop, find a CM who isn't aware that it's in the stockroom and wait.

especially nice at the parks that don't normally have parades (AK, EPCOT, etc.)

Yes. This.

Would love spontaneous cavalcades at the other parks. Or in addition to FoF at MK! But oh, I need a big, grand day parade to return. FoF is such a magical spectacle from start to finish.

And whenever Disneyland reopens and they can run regular entertainment again, I sure hope they bring back Magic Happens. It ran what, 12 days or something? If that comes back, as soon as it’s safe for my high risk child to travel, we’re going to Disneyland. My kids have watched MH at least 150 times since March.

Yes. This.

Would love spontaneous cavalcades at the other parks. Or in addition to FoF at MK! But oh, I need a big, grand day parade to return. FoF is such a magical spectacle from start to finish.

And whenever Disneyland reopens and they can run regular entertainment again, I sure hope they bring back Magic Happens. It ran what, 12 days or something? If that comes back, as soon as it’s safe for my high risk child to travel, we’re going to Disneyland. My kids have watched MH at least 150 times since March.
Huge fan of Todrick Hall so I'm also obsessed with Magic Happens

And I have no doubt the end game is to not have as many. I'm sure even cutting the number of cashiers in half in most shops throughout WDW would make a huge difference in labor costs. You also raise a good point on fragile item wrapping. Like you said, some remain but less. I just hope they don't push that envelope too far.

Also, as someone who buys distilled water every trip for their CPAP, someone needs to be able to go to the backroom and get that for folks like me. I wish they'd add it to online check in like they do for the cruises. Show up to the stateroom and the water's there. Show up to WDW and it's an extra trip to the gift shop, find a CM who isn't aware that it's in the stockroom and wait.

even if they cut cashiers by 50% but of that they created new positions for like dedicated resort shipping, dedicated floor helpers, etc. - you could have a net cut of 25% but gain a lot of efficiency

First delaying the reopening the parks after setting a date, and now delaying the reopening of VGC 2 days before they were set to reopen. Yikes

I will give my thoughts.... I had a trip planned for marathon weekend which we all know didn't happen. I dropped a few days from my trip since I originally had 4 park days + 2 race only days to just 4 park days. I just finilized my plans and am still planning to go (and am glad some form of park hopping is back).

I am going BECAUSE and ONLY BECAUSE Disney from all reports is implementing all the right safety measures. If they were not I wouldn't go. I apprecirate they are taking things seriously and are trying to keep guests safe. I do though hope that once the vaccine is readily available to general population (looks like summer timeframe) that things can start to return to normal.

IMO if anybody can get the vaccine with less then a week wait for first dose and doesn't do so that is their choice and theme parks, sporting events, etc. shouldn't continue to have safety protocols. If you can easily get a vaccine and don't that is on you. I have no sympathy at that point. At that point it is the definition of "accepting the risk".

Have they announced if they’re doing festival of the arts this year &, if so, do they usually have food booths? I can’t remember.

Formally announced? I don’t think so. But I thought I saw it on the schedule. And yes they have food booths. All of their festivals do

Have they announced if they’re doing festival of the arts this year &, if so, do they usually have food booths? I can’t remember.
Formally announced? I don’t think so. But I thought I saw it on the schedule. And yes they have food booths. All of their festivals do

They actually announced back in October that they are doing a "Taste of the Festival of the Arts" - and says there will be 15 Food "studios". We went to this festival for the first time last year and really enjoyed it. For the food, the plating (being fancy) is a big part of it

https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-storie...-of-epcot-international-festival-of-the-arts/

They actually announced back in October that they are doing a "Taste of the Festival of the Arts" - and says there will be 15 Food "studios". We went to this festival for the first time last year and really enjoyed it. For the food, the plating (being fancy) is a big part of it

https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-storie...-of-epcot-international-festival-of-the-arts/

It’s the only festival I haven’t been to, and have always wanted to. It’s just during a time of year that I’m never there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter