Status
Not open for further replies.
EWP will return on the 20th

Poly 8:45
GF 9
WL 9:30
FW 9:45
CR 10
ETA: just checked the schedule and it's on through the end of February which is what all of the schedules show now, so it looks like a permanent comeback

Is this the same route? I feel like it came to Poly from GF.

I know people were wondering if some of the increases to what is open was just temporary for the holidays.

Here is at least one example as apparently Lotus Blossom will close back down mid-January

I am here now and at Epcot today. I was shocked to see a line for this CS. All of the booths had lines. I think it's because the blackout days start after tomorrow for Florida people.

And I wanted to mention that I have decided I am not even looking at people's masks unless they are very near me. I could feel my blood pressure rising as I saw all of the peeking noses and children without masks including in the seat in front of me on the plane. So I am going to try my best not to look for it. I'm not the kind of person to be confronting them anyway so I just want to enjoy my trip. It does seem worse than October.

One of our favorite Orlando hotels is Rosen Shingle Creek; they just reopened last month with fantastic rates. We couldn't resist a quick trip before blackouts and are here now.

To say it's a ghost town would be an understatement. We counted 10 cars in the lot overnight. I have seen ONE hotel guest the entire time we have been here. If you're not familiar with the hotel, it's huuuuge. Entire wing of restaurants, shops, bars, etc + convention center + golf course + multiple pools. Every restaurant and store is dark. Lobby is beautifully decorated for Christmas but empty. Like... you could film a really great horror film here. PreCovid, it was always packed.

I really hurt for the local travel and service industry 😔

We popped into MK tonight and it was wonderful. Rain cleared people out and in the 2 hrs we were there, we walked on Peter Pan, Pooh, Jungle Cruise, and CoA + ate at Cosmic Rays (bad choice 🤪) + gazed at the castle several times. Very easy to navigate and crowds in hub were well spaced. We are going back in the morning.

One of our favorite Orlando hotels is Rosen Shingle Creek; they just reopened last month with fantastic rates. We couldn't resist a quick trip before blackouts and are here now.

To say it's a ghost town would be an understatement. We counted 10 cars in the lot overnight. I have seen ONE hotel guest the entire time we have been here. If you're not familiar with the hotel, it's huuuuge. Entire wing of restaurants, shops, bars, etc + convention center + golf course + multiple pools. Every restaurant and store is dark. Lobby is beautifully decorated for Christmas but empty. Like... you could film a really great horror film here. PreCovid, it was always packed.
I’m a big fan of the Rosen Shingle Creek (think it’s a lovely hotel and arguably the best value in Orlando; I’d recommend it more often if it were closer to WDW). Mr. Rosen has also done a lot of good for the Central Florida community.

Much like the S&D, it’s a big convention hotel (and my understanding is that Shingle Creek is even more reliant on convention traffic), so given that convention hotels have been hit especially hard by the pandemic, this unfortunately doesn’t surprise me. The hotel had difficulty sometimes attracting leisure (non-convention) guests even before COVID-19, but it’s still sad to hear your report.

When you describe the restaurants and shops as being “dark,” do you mean closed? If so, that would take away one of that hotel’s biggest strengths in my opinion: its dining profile.

Also, my understanding is that Shingle Creek is one of the few hotels in Orlando that is still doing resort airline check-in via BAGS, Inc. (the supplier Disney also used for this service as well as DME luggage delivery). Is that correct? Originally, I was led to believe that Disney’s suspension of resort airline check-in was an issue with with this supplier, but if they’re still operating elsewhere in Orlando then it’s looking like it was just another cut.

I’m a big fan of the Rosen Shingle Creek (think it’s a lovely hotel and arguably the best value in Orlando; I’d recommend it more often if it were closer to WDW). Mr. Rosen has also done a lot of good for the Central Florida community.

Much like the S&D, it’s a big convention hotel (and my understanding is that Shingle Creek is even more reliant on convention traffic), so given that convention hotels have been hit especially hard by the pandemic, this unfortunately doesn’t surprise me. The hotel had difficulty sometimes attracting leisure (non-convention) guests even before COVID-19, but it’s still sad to hear your report.

When you describe the restaurants and shops as being “dark,” do you mean closed? If so, that would take away one of that hotel’s biggest strengths in my opinion: its dining profile.

Also, my understanding is that Shingle Creek is one of the few hotels in Orlando that is still doing resort airline check-in via BAGS, Inc. (the supplier Disney also used for this service as well as DME luggage delivery). Is that correct? Originally, I was led to believe that Disney’s suspension of resort airline check-in was an issue with with this supplier, but if they’re still operating elsewhere in Orlando then it’s looking like it was just another cut.

It is a great hotel - we have a young child and love the huge standard rooms, the onsite dining options, and numerous pools because it's so darn convenient.

Yes - dark as in closed. Just the Market is open w limited menu.

We live close so I don't know about BAGS but will ask before we check out! Would be interesting to know.

Well, this might be first (sort of) ticket discount to come

If you book for package stays in 2021 (arriving up to Sept 25th, so not for the 50th) you get 2 extra theme park ticket days added for free

So a way to maintain face value of ticket prices but give "discount" to people that stay on site

https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories/extra-theme-park-days-with-new-disney-world-package/
but you can't get a discounted room, so you really have to look and see if that really saves you any money. I know I've saved a ton of money with room discounts, not sure I'd get the same value from two days of tickets.

but you can't get a discounted room, so you really have to look and see if that really saves you any money. I know I've saved a ton of money with room discounts, not sure I'd get the same value from two days of tickets.

yeah, sort of like the free dining program ... makes more sense for a group of 4 staying at the All Stars than it does for a couple staying at the Poly

I don't remember hearing this previously, but did we know wilderness lodge was doing a full renovation? They've torn down walls in the rooms and have insulation rolls ready to go in

Attachments

• 20201217_094001.jpg
    20201217_094001.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 47
The value here will depend on the amount of travelers. As a solo this wouldn’t make sense for me. If I were traveling with my fam of 5 this might definitely math out.

I don't remember hearing this previously, but did we know wilderness lodge was doing a full renovation? They've torn down walls in the rooms and have insulation rolls ready to go in
Yes. It started pre-pandemic. They had finished the Club Level floor and were moving down when the shutdown hit. I don’t know if Disney has released official pics though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter