Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's ridiculous the hate it is getting on social media and all the bloggers upset because it is "flat" vs the molded look the clown had ...

I don't think the new things is amazing (and I don't like that style of look for Mickey, etc.) but not like the Clown face was some amazing piece of animatronic that is now a flat pictures. It was a pretty generic creepy looking clown thing

I feel like it went from one C- thing to another C- thing - nothing to cheer but nothing to get up in arms about
First, the overall aesthetic of Boardwalk Resort isn't our thing, so I don't have any dog in this decision. In a vacuum, I agree that the change is "meh" at best and worst. It might have been better if the imagineers kept the "mouth" idea and had something akin to the Ferris Wheel at Pixar Pier with Mickey's face and an open mouth.

At least the decals have some tie in to a boardwalk/generic carnival theme. But I can absolutely understand the fear that the resort may lose it's identity in the long run because the "feel" is very "All Star Mickey & Friends," and kind of forced IP. If, in a later refurb, DVC and the imagineers can pull off theming elements more like the new Saratoga rooms or the subtle elegance of Riviera I'd be pleasantly surprised. Hoping that's what the Moana inspiration at Poly can pull off. Gentle IP elements that fit a theme. But that decal slapping is a little disheartening for a deluxe price point.

If you hate the new series and look for MMRR, you're not going to appreciate the new slide as much.

In travel guides that I've seen over the years, the Clown was always listed as "Con" for the Deluxe resort.
I love the new (and "old new") series of shorts, and found MMRR to be a load of fun last month, but I fear over saturation of a good thing with this shoehorning of the gang into the resort as a whole. If they stop with the slide, fine, but I hope this isn't a sign of things to come.

I love the new (and "old new") series of shorts, and found MMRR to be a load of fun last month, but I fear over saturation of a good thing with this shoehorning of the gang into the resort as a whole. If they stop with the slide, fine, but I hope this isn't a sign of things to come.

I think it’ll be ok. They didn’t plaster the spaghettio hair clown all over everything. I think it’s a low key touch for the people who complain that deluxes don’t have super literal Disney specific theming.

I miss the clown but I think this is fine.

I'm not a big fan of the new slide. I always thought that the clown was a little strange, but don't the strange things have a way of standing out in our memory? We stayed there twice, and I can't remember what the lobby looks like, or what our room looked like. But I always remembered the clown. My kids remember the clown. I don't think they would have such vivid memories of a Mickey and Minnie graphic. Of course, it isn't a huge deal one way or the other. I just preferred the clown.

It's...fine. 😐

The clown had more pizazz!!!

This exactly, however I'll reserve judgement until I can either see it in person or watch a nice video or live stream of someone walking around the changes (cough cough).

I remember when they shut down the slide it was suppose to be back by the end of October, then it got pushed out maybe a couple times. With all the time they had (2.5 months?) I was just expecting something "more" (I don't know - maybe larger, maybe 3 dimensional). The clown as a structure really defined the slide and by extension the whole pool supporting the Luna Park theme. The replacement decals seems more in line with what I would expect to be around a kiddie wading pool anywhere at WDW.

While the clown was creepy, and its removal was arguably justifiable, it at least matched the resort theme, so it would have been nice if they'd taken the time to replace it with something just as well-themed. Instead, the new wall is another instance of Disney replacing something well-themed with slapdash IP.

Before the sale ended today, I took Universal up on their FL resident passes. I haven't been there since the Mummy ride opened o_O, I don't even know where to start on research. I assume the expiration date won't start until I activate? We have 9 nights booked at Ft Wilderness in our camper in late Jan/early Feb. Sorry for OT this is the thread I do read the most lately!

Any speculation on what the water park will be like once it opens? We don’t know which one is opening right?

Debating whether or not we do a water park day when we come in the summer. Universal Orlando would be much more fun but comes with a higher price tag than a water park afternoon does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter