Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else think it's safe to assume that Disney will be using the virtual queue for the majority of their larger (most popular) attractions once they reopen? I skimmed it, but I believe that's the Universal plan right now

Not as safe an assumption as something like masks but I think there’s a pretty good chance of it. Then they can control the amount of people in a queue at any one time as distancing is going to have them holding a lot less than normal.

A somewhat recent MDE change also backs up the theory that we’re getting more virtual queues. And so does Sven, lol.

Anyone else think it's safe to assume that Disney will be using the virtual queue for the majority of their larger (most popular) attractions once they reopen? I skimmed it, but I believe that's the Universal plan right now
I think that depends on their IT capacity. And given what we know about Disney IT that will be a couple rides in each park and it will blow up in their faces an hour into opening.

At this time they deserve the jabs about how they are handling this.

The reason I like Universal more is the lack of planning and being able to ride multiple attractions in the same day. The last time I was there I rode the Mummy about 10 times in one day. Disney you're lucky to ride some attractions once.

I personally think they've done a good job considering the unprecedented situation, and I think what UO does has no bearing on what WDW will do. Also, I believe it's easier to ride the rides multiple times at UO because it's smaller and usually less busy than WDW is, especially MK.

I just hope Disney follows with no reservations and what seems to be normal access to the parks just using general capacity limits. Just open all the parks by my date and my must haves would be met.

This should have been obvious but I was discussing what I felt was the probable Wall St perception of them not opening if others do. And no, Wall St won't be like "oh how cute, their keeping the kiddos safe"
One of the reasons that Disney is a beloved company with such brand loyalty is because its leaders understand that doing things to boost short term stock profits at the expense of long term brand damage is a bad idea.

That I understand and to each their own. I travel the country just to ride roller coasters every summer. For me child-like novelty doesn't do much. What I was getting at by looking down in other parks is the offhand jabs at Universal. Its fine if you don't like the park but you don't to take jabs at them.
This is the Internet. Everyone takes jabs at everything 😂

At this time they deserve the jabs about how they are handling this.

The reason I like Universal more is the lack of planning and being able to ride multiple attractions in the same day. The last time I was there I rode the Mummy about 10 times in one day. Disney you're lucky to ride some attractions once.
I guess it depends on your viewpoint. You're calling people out for "jabs" at Universal, but now you say that Disney deserves them. Now who's being unfair? Lol

I just hope Disney follows with no reservations and what seems to be normal access to the parks just using general capacity limits. Just open all the parks by my date and my must haves would be met.
I can't seem them open without some sort of reservation. I don't see how they control capacity any other way.

Other question is, I didn't see it asked yet, is Universal going to use a reservation system for their opening to either APs or the public? Or just show up and come in until capacity is reached (whatever that may be)?
Anyone???

Universal seems to be outshining Disney a bit. Not because they are opening first, but it just seems they've taken the leading role here. They are the most vocal in these task force meetings. And they just seem to be more motivated to work all this out. They are the trendsetters right now. Usually its the other way around.

Disney just seems to be a bit indecisive and hesitating to do anything. Perhaps this is because of the musical chairs with the executives lately. Certainly a bad time for all that.

No one is ticked off about Universal because Universal is a locals park. I've taken a day to go to Universal during our last two trips. Both times, we were able to do everything we wanted to in both parks in less than a day. At the same time, Disney was fairly busy. Universal doesn't draw nearly the same amount of people as Disney does because it's not as good. If not for Harry Potter, we wouldn't bother going there at all.

It's obvious that you see Universal as some sort of cut rate park, but dismissing it as a "locals park" is pretty insulting. Plenty of people come from all over America and overseas and happily spend a week or more there, never setting foot in Disney. Is it really that hard to just enjoy what you like without putting down what others like?

Other question is, I didn't see it asked yet, is Universal going to use a reservation system for their opening to either APs or the public? Or just show up and come in until capacity is reached (whatever that may be)?

I feel like there has to be. At the very least for the trial days you’ll need an invite and a time a slot I would think. I don’t want to feel like I have to keep checking my phone if they aren’t going to require one. But I don’t want to miss out in case they do.

Universal seems to be outshining Disney a bit. Not because they are opening first, but it just seems they've taken the leading role here. They are the most vocal in these task force meetings. And they just seem to be more motivated to work all this out. They are the trendsetters right now. Usually its the other way around.

Disney just seems to be a bit indecisive and hesitating to do anything. Perhaps this is because of the musical chairs with the executives lately. Certainly a bad time for all that.

Universal might be more pressed to open since they never stopped paying TMs. Disney is content to wait and make sure they aren’t hasty. They are letting Universal see what it is like to be Big Brother only this time they have everything to lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter