• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is crazy to me. There's likely already pent up demand for folks to get out of the house. I don't think they need further incentivizing! 20% for WDW APs is already a pretty sweet deal. I'd be surprised if we got further discounts.

Yea DD got a ressie at Margaritaville last night for Sunday-Sat was already sold out.

Whoa! But mine disappeared as far as I could see! It’s definitely not under My Plans. Would it be somewhere else?
The AH parties, special tours like the Wild Africa trek etc never show under your plans, only the dessert parties since they are considered a dining reservation. You have to add the events manually in MDE yourself.

I’ve been able to modify my online check in for my June 1 Movies reservation, however I’ve noticed for a few days that the option to opt out of mousekeeping is gone.

It’s possible, but as the evening goes on it appears to be more hopeful. I haven’t heard of any cancellations yet and there are at least a dozen on the cancellation thread that have reservations for the week in question.
I’ve been able to modify my online check in for my June 1 Movies reservation, however I’ve noticed for a few days that the option to opt out of mousekeeping is gone.
I suspect when they reopen everyone will be opted out!

You bet. Im so excited to get out of the house and just walk around. If anyone wants to watch the link to my page is in my signature. Im planning on being there right at 4pm
I think tomorrow will see the birth of a new reality show
The masked streamer/vlogger :D
I’m not weird I swear, but I just liked a video on your fb profile to remind myself to watch tomorrow!

I don’t think mousekeeping will be happening when they reopen and if it is it will be very limited not an everyday thing. So there is no need for that option anymore.

I don’t think mousekeeping will be happening when they reopen and if it is it will be very limited not an everyday thing. So there is no need for that option anymore.

I was thinking the opposite, that they would want to ensure cleaning all of the rooms on a daily basis.

(Edit: read the ninja above me explain that the task force recommended no housekeeping.)

Oh I know, but when I first booked I opted out and it showed the gift card amount. That is all gone now. I knew mousekeeping would be most likely nonexistent just Passing the info along.

I was thinking the opposite, that they would want to ensure cleaning all of the rooms on a daily basis.
That sounds expensive.

While bummed I don’t mind. But, I think the housekeeping industry will die faster if it last a decent amount of time & hotels realize housekeeping might not be necessary or could be an up charge... I hope they still take trash and that you can get clean towels. I love clean towels on vacation 😂 Hey, sometimes it’s the little things.

That sounds expensive.

While bummed I don’t mind. But, I think the housekeeping industry will die faster if it last a decent amount of time & hotels realize housekeeping might not be necessary... I hope they still take trash and that you can get clean towels. I love clean towels on vacation 😂 Hey, sometimes it’s the little things.
I really don’t think they will be able to cut housekeeping staff, at least at first. My guess is that they will need all the staff they can to get for how well they will clean the rooms between guests. You will have never been in a more spotless room top to bottom on your check in day.

I really don’t think they will be able to cut housekeeping staff, at least at first. My guess is that they will need all the staff they can to get for how well they will clean the rooms between guests. You will have never been in a more spotless room top to bottom on your check in day.
You're so right about cleanliness. Our local Mexican restaurant was always clean, but since they opened May 4th, you're basically swimming in fabuloso everywhere, tables, seats, menus. It's a weird chemical lavender mixed with Mexican heaven. Disney cleaning has a very distinct smell which I think is going to burn into our nostrils soon.

Off topic, but I've always found this to be one of the weirdest things about booking a Disney resort stay...WDW should make this more intuitive and include it as a part of the initial resort reservation.
You actually can add it in the beginning, I do it if I already have my flight information, or I just mark I’m taking ground transportation and go in and add it later.

y’all I’m so stressed. My trip is June 6-12 and my husband is a personal trainer and we don’t even know if he should take off yet.. if he takes off he will basically lose 1,000 for the week.. we are newly weds recent college grads so that’s a lot to us... and if the trip doesn’t happen and he takes that time off.. idk if he be able to get vacation again this year for us to reschedule. What do y’all think is ur best guess for reopening? Tbh, I was hoping I would just get that cancellation email today

y’all I’m so stressed. My trip is June 6-12 and my husband is a personal trainer and we don’t even know if he should take off yet.. if he takes off he will basically lose 1,000 for the week.. we are newly weds recent college grads so that’s a lot to us... and if the trip doesn’t happen and he takes that time off.. idk if he be able to get vacation again this year for us to reschedule. What do y’all think is ur best guess for reopening? Tbh, I was hoping I would just get that cancellation email today

Optimistically - June 1st reopen
Realistically - June 7th or 14th reopen

I do think they will open up (the parks) on a monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter