Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahhh i see - I didn't know any of this or the background but it makes sense. It was on my "news to catch up on" today and I just thought huh - that's definitely an opinion...

Yeah, it's definitely one of those "consider the source" types of things, even with their tech coverage (which is what they're mainly known for). I only read io9 on there, which is the sci-fi blog.

Everyone is going to have their take on Disney reopening. When you choose that image at the top of the article you are immediately telling readers...this is what Disney is opening back up to. Regardless of what the rest of the article says for guidelines, changes and interviews with employees or other experts.

Your narritive is already decided in that opening image. If they had an image that could easily be found from any of this weeks operations I would give them more credit. But it was an interesting read. Not saying they are giving any bad information. Everything is up in the air right now and I understand people being critical of Disney. But it just bothers me coming from a graphic design background when they choose to set the tone immediately with the leading image like this.

Sorry just had to rant a little bit.

Just putting this out there. We found out that for travel purposes in our state only the traveling adults had to test. Basically the kids in the party legally piggyback. Makes no epidemiological sense to me and I might not agree with it but it does mean that I don’t need to find someone to test the kids on our way home. This was not an easy thing to discover and was buried in our state’s rules so it may be worthwhile for others to do some digging before scrambling to find someplace to test anyone under 18 without symptoms.
What State, if you dont mind me asking? Ours says if we test negative. We dont need to quarantine.

I’m on DME!!! We flew in on Delta and it was so civilized. Everyone wearing masks and being courteous. All middle seats were empty. MCO was deserted. Including us, there are four groups on our DME. We were assigned a specific row, and we’re distanced from other groups. While on DME, I called the resort front desk to see if it would be possible to change our room assignment (already had received text notification). They took down my number and called a few minutes later and were able to accommodate my request. I am so happy and excited to be back. I’m sure I’ll cry when we arrive at the resort.

So many governors unwilling to do so. I want to think it's because they feel they can't enforce it, but it always feels like they are just playing politics.
Today our governor had a press conference (SC/McMaster) and someone asked him why he wouldn't issue a mandate. The guys said that his daughter probably wouldn't put on a mask if the governor just suggested it, but if he mandated she would. McMaster said, "Can't YOU just tell her to put a mask on?" I had to LOL. Everybody wants to punt.

Unfortunately it is hard to enforce. We are 100% team everyone wear a mask. But when NC made its mask announcement my police officer husband groaned, not because of wearing them, he already does, but because he knew the calls for non mask compliance would start and further complicate his already very complicated job.

As a fellow NCer please thank your husband for us for all that he does!

Managed to find another AK vlog from the previews today and a couple of interesting takeaways from it: 1) water effects on FoP are turned off, and possibly also the smells 2) a new temporary bird show without the Up characters is playing instead of the Up show, and looks a lot more enjoyable

Also for the 5 of us who enjoy NRJ they're doing 1 party per boat, which is why the line is longer.

You have to be at least 18. There are many testing sites available. Some you have to make an appointment for but others are walk up, bike up or drive up. You do not have to have symptoms.
There are still places in South Florida, such as CVS, which are restricting tests to those with symptoms, doctors’ orders, or other qualified groups.

Managed to find another AK vlog from the previews today and a couple of interesting takeaways from it: 1) water effects on FoP are turned off, and possibly also the smells 2) a new temporary bird show without the Up characters is playing instead of the Up show, and looks a lot more enjoyable

Also for the 5 of us who enjoy NRJ they're doing 1 party per boat, which is why the line is longer.
That's interesting, since water effects were on earlier in the week at FoP during CM previews. Interesting to see if that's just a "for the day" change or an operational change based on results from earlier in the week?

Addition by subtraction scenario

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter