Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one's pretending its the safest place to be. And NO, no one is directing you into a UNAVOIDABLE risky situation. If the situation is unsafe, you simply AVOID it; I don't care what anyone else doing or who may be directing. A little common sense goes a long way here!

common sense + personal responsibility would go a long way in a lot of places! 😂

Concerning the walk-up tickets, I feel this was completely pre-planned. Which, from a business profit standpoint, is something I would consider. But, and it's a huge caveat, they risk alienating their "most loyal fans". The recovery? Announce a limited number of AP only days from here onward.

Those of you that will be at WDW today, look to the east around 10:54 AM. Today is launch day for the Space X Falcon 9 rocket (60% go flight on weather). What a great bonus if the weather/conditions hold. Enjoy!

ETA: https://www.clickorlando.com/news/l...geting-this-weekend-for-10th-starlink-launch/

Since today's launch is a scrub, maybe guests at WDW can follow if they want to.

https://www.fox35orlando.com/news/s...rdays-launch-to-allow-more-time-for-checkouts

Concerning the walk-up tickets, I feel this was completely pre-planned. Which, from a business profit standpoint, is something I would consider. But, and it's a huge caveat, they risk alienating their "most loyal fans". The recovery? Announce a limited number of AP only days from here onward.
While AP only days would be cool, they wouldn’t do that as they want to have park availability for people staying on property. They couldn’t tell guests staying in their resorts that they can’t go to a park today because it’s closed for APs.

I am very interested to see the first reports of people showing up at the touch points without a park reservation (both resort guests and APs). My guess is resort guests will be allowed in but APs will be turned away. And really the APs should be turned away if they have already made their 3 park reservations, they shouldn‘t get extra park days just because they showed up.

That doesn’t say nice to me....

This is about health and safety in this instance not necessarily theming. I’m sure depending on how long this goes on they can modify things to fit better with theming.
TBH, I think health and safety warnings should not fit the theming so that they stand out and get noticed and are consistent from one part of the park to another.

While AP only days would be cool, they wouldn’t do that as they want to have park availability for people staying on property. They couldn’t tell guests staying in their resorts that they can’t go to a park today because it’s closed for APs.

I am very interested to see the first reports of people showing up at the touch points without a park reservation (both resort guests and APs). My guess is resort guests will be allowed in but APs will be turned away. And really the APs should be turned away if they have already made their 3 park reservations, they shouldn‘t get extra park days just because they showed up.

That's a very fair point. So only AP mornings, resort guests afternoon staggered by park by day and then inverse.

I.... feel the same way (about her maybe being in the wrong line of work 😬). I’ve never heard of her before she was mentioned in this thread a few times, but I honestly just went way back on her twitter timeline to try and understand. Does she REALLY not have a choice but to go? Is there like, a medical condition she’s shared that explains the fear...? I guess I’m just confused. Doesn’t really affect me, I’ll just keep skipping her posts. But I’ve been genuinely confused, feeling like I was missing something obvious about her 🤷🏼‍♀️

ETA: I truly, very personally understand anxiety. I’m not saying she doesn’t have a right to feel how she does... just not in agreement that she’s in any sort of pitiable position. My $0.02

I appreciate the variety of personalities of the various bloggers. IMHO, we need someone like Caryle giving her raw emotions. There are people out there weighing the decision of whether or not to come to WDW. If you are anxious about the situation, her story may help you avoid spending a lot of money on a situation you cannot handle. There are many more vloggers in the park giving different perspectives. Whether or not she should be there is her personal decision. I feel bad for her, but applaud her for putting it out there. It feels genuine to me.

If you feel like she is to anxious find someone else you identify with and get the story from their perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter