• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

I
who has said recently that they are going and planning on letting down their guard?
This was in regard to something I posted. The poster took issue with me saying Disney might be safer than my work right now due to Covid outbreak including deaths. I never said I was going to let my guard down. I view everyone I see as being possibly positive. I am far from being in denial just realistic.

Disney is probably safer than a lot of people’s work and is probably safer than a lot of public places where we all live, but that doesn’t take into account (1) we don’t teleport straight onto Disney property, and (2) not going to the less safe place at home AND not traveling would be the safest option of all.

We go round and round with this from time to time, and I just don’t think the risk of traveling needs to be downplayed or justified. You’re either okay with it or you aren’t.

Disney is probably safer than a lot of people’s work and is probably safer than a lot of public places where we all live, but that doesn’t take into account (1) we don’t teleport straight onto Disney property, and (2) not going to the less safe place at home AND not traveling would be the safest option of all.

We go round and round with this from time to time, and I just don’t think the risk of traveling needs to be downplayed or justified. You’re either okay with it or you aren’t.
For most of us comparing WDW to grocery stores, workplaces or local entertainment just doesn’t add up. Not only the idea of traveling there by plane or whatever but in terms of effort/expense to go there. There is a fundamental difference in hoping in my car and heading to a store in my area. If I get to the store and I’m uncomfortable I hop in the car and head out. Same with a local restaurant or entertainment venue. To go to WDW is a massive effort/expense and you are locked in no matter what. Plus you may have to quarantine 2 weeks in either side of the trip. Also there is the risk that somebody in the traveling group gets sick while there. Than what? Even if a kid gets an ear infection they run a fever and then you get to go sit in the hotel. Trip ruined. Effort wasted. Money lost.
Now I certainly don’t begrudge anyone taking all of this into consideration and going for it. Or anyone who can get there easily and minimize the effort/expense giving it a shot. But deciding not to go does not mean you are cowering under a rock, and it’s not a fair comparison to put it up against less impactful situations

Hey y’all long time lurker and infrequent poster. Brought the family here and arrived Saturday morning from North Carolina after rescheduling four times since our spring break. Also a Dvc member since 2011 so have come here 1 to 2 times a year for the last several years. Have to say, I can’t imagine Disney could’ve done a better job than what they’ve done with social distancing. So far we’ve been at MK & AK and mask compliance was 100%. One guy fighting at the front gate with someone because he wanted to wear a gator but aside from that everyone seems to behaving. Honestly, so glad we came. We really needed to get out of the house and frankly this is safer than our local environment as far as I can see. CMs are fantastic and in some cases even desperate to see guests which honestly makes me sad. In the villas at grand Floridian lobby for example, all of the staff jumps up every time anybody walks in to say hi. The waiters at the restaurants in the parks are super social and it seems like desperate to talk to people. Even though it is still cast member days yesterday and today for the parks, it is very strangely empty. I don’t miss fast passes although I thought I would, it’s actually pretty refreshing to not have to worry about where you’re running next except for dining reservations if you have them. If you are going to the parks, I suggest you do have dining reservations if you want them as their walk up availability seems to be low to none. I would also say that posted wait times so far have been at most 50% of what’s posted.

No concerns whatsoever so far about eating inside, tables are spaced out at more than 6 feet and in some cases we were one of three parties dining in one of the smaller rooms in say Skipper canteen or Tiffins. Spacing on the floors of rides is more than adequate and so far guests have been very respectful of the signs. Trying to get my kids to see if they would want to go to Universal later this week, their main beef was that I need to prove to them that Universal will be as good with Covid as Disney is LOL. Pretty sure that’s never gonna happen. We did rent a car as I was a little worried about dealing with magical express as well as the resort buses. Who knew most of the parks were only 10 minutes away?! 😂

If anyone has specific questions about being here let me know, so far as of almost 3 PM on Sunday the tropical storm has been a non-event in Orlando. Honestly if you’re going to leave home this is about as good as it gets. But it also makes me a little worried and sad as I believe there’s no way they’re making a decent profit on anything that’s open right now. I think it is probably most likely a combination of the quarantine bands and the uptick in Florida cases. A lot of locals I know who could drive within 10 hours have held off thinking this is a war zone, but again I think disney has done a great job with what they are offering.
Forgive typos please as this was a voice text sitting at the grand Floridian Beaches Pool drinking a captains mai tai. 😊

I think it's going to be along the same lines as what they had with the Pixar concerts. They play a song and a character from that film just walks out and waves, sort of thing
I loved the Pixar show, but for the music more than the character walk ons. I have a soft spot for movie scores, and I really love some of the Pixar scores.

I can't remember if anyone else has tried this yet, but one of the BIG perks of the new ROTR boarding group change is that you do NOT have to be in the park for the 2pm if you were in the park earlier in the day.

We were in the park by 9:30 this morning but just happened to be on Slinky Dog at EXACTLY 10am and couldn't get a boarding group. :( We rode things for awhile, ate lunch, and then walked back to Boardwalk. At 2pm we tried from our room and were able to get a backup boarding group, which looks like it will be called in the next two hours. The new app update of showing what groups are currently boarding will allow us to stay in our room until it gets closer and we need to head back.

I watch HEA in my own room from 6-10 every night. And I dont need to pay $500 a night
Exactly. I didn't fly all the way out to Orlando, to sit in an expensive resort room and watch fireworks.
No. That would be crazy. I fly all the way out to Orlando to sit in an expensive resort room and watch Stacey instead.

Here is Stacy for your home viewing pleasure. Save the airfare. :goodvibes

Incase you need these too. :thumbsup2

We as a group here in this thread have revitalized interest and demand for an all but forgotten attraction at their main theme park at WDW. That’s not only interesting, but arguably worthy of lifetime APs and maybe a few Disney Legend awards.

Oh! I should’ve mentioned CoA was basically a walk on, which is both an awesome thing and an ironic acknowledgment of a classic that is unappreciated in its time.

I watch HEA in my own room from 6-10 every night. And I dont need to pay $500 a night
Okay? Yes it’s always available for free on YouTube anywhere but I’m sure you can imagine this would be appealing to those on-site who miss fireworks. Especially with limited night time activities these day. Do you have a post quota you have to meet every day in this thread or something?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter