Current CM.. Any Questions?

Would you watch a vlog about life as a Disney performer at sea?

• Yes

Votes: 83 86.5%
  • No

Votes: 13 13.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Lol he must have been good! But generally the Cruise Staff who run activities such as trivia do not portray any of the characters. Totally different team, although we do work together a lot
He was VERY “EXCELLENT”! Lol. We really enjoyed him. And he really would be great as Genie too! He was incredible in front of people! We told him as much. And he definitely had a talent for singing - he did music trivia many times while we were on board and would sing along at the end for the answers! I hope he is still enjoying being a CM w/ Disney!

You worked in the kids club? I have 3 children who have never been on a cruise. Any advice you can give would be very welcome

I am not really sure what to ask exactly yet. I guess any overall information would be fab ty
Based on the ages you had in a previous post, all of your children can go to both the Oceaneer Club and Oceaneer Lab. Each space is themed differently and will offer different programs and activities. You can find these listed in the app each day of your cruise so you know when things are on.

Hi! Thanks for starting this thread.

Something I am curious about - what happens when a guest answers “yes” to the survey question about whether they felt pressured to only give the highest ratings.

Also, along this same line, what happens when a guest comments on a specific cast member who was frequently asking for the highest ratings during a sailing.

Thanks for any insights you are able to share.
Ok from what I have been told, if you feel pressured to give a certain score, please write comments about why you felt this way, what was said (to your best recollection) and how many times. This allows managers to be able to follow up and question CMs. Everyone obviously has different feelings and limits so feeling pressured to one person maybe won’t to another. A CM can be reprimanded if a manager feels it is warranted.

I have a question. What is it like being a Disney character? Is it true that there is a definite hierarchy between everyone working there? for example I have heard that characters have been challenging to work with

Last edited:
I have a question. What is it like being a Disney character? Is it true that there is a definite hierarchy between everyone working there? for example I have heard that characters have been challenging to work with
I love working for Disney. Being able to create such happiness for people is an amazing feeling.
As to the second part of your question, I am not really able to comment. Perhaps @FastPasser. can share their experiences of thing when a CM

Ok from what I have been told, if you feel pressured to give a certain score, please write comments about why you felt this way, what was said (to your best recollection) and how many times. This allows managers to be able to follow up and question CMs. Everyone obviously has different feelings and limits so feeling pressured to one person maybe won’t to another. A CM can be reprimanded if a manager feels it is warranted.
Thanks for this info, I appreciate your looking into it for me. Very helpful.

I love working for Disney. Being able to create such happiness for people is an amazing feeling.
As to the second part of your question, I am not really able to comment. Perhaps @FastPasser. can share their experiences of thing when a CM
I too loved working at WDW. I miss not being there but all good things come to an end.

Anyway earlier, I think, on this thread Mags2002, which I’m guessing is when she was born, geez, I have shirts older than that, stated that I must have a lot of stories about my character interactions. I responded not really but afterwards I decided to look through my event work photos. They would usually take a group photo if characters made an appearance. To my surprise I have quite a few.

So yes, it turns out that I have worked with quite a few characters over a 22 year span. I’ve taken breaks with some. I’ve had onstage unplanned repeated comical exchanges with Storm Troopers, had lunch with princesses, was the gatekeeper for Pluto, kept kids from getting too close to Donald at a dance party, had breakfast with Russell plus many more.

All of those experiences with both the characters and their friends offstage were nothing but enjoyable and lots of fun. But that’s just me others may differ.

Last edited:
I too loved working at WDW. I miss not being there but all good things come to an end.

Anyway earlier, I think, on this thread Mags2002, which I’m guessing is when she was born, geez, I have shirts older than that, stated that I must have a lot of stories about my character interactions. I responded not really but afterwards I decided to look through my event work photos. They would usually take a group photo if characters made an appearance. To my surprise I have quite a few.

So yes, it turns out that I have worked with quite a few characters over a 22 year span. I’ve taken breaks with some. I’ve had onstage unplanned repeated comical exchanges with Storm Troopers, had lunch with princesses, was the gatekeeper for Pluto, kept kids from getting too close to Donald at a dance party, had breakfast with Russell plus many more.

All of those experiences with both the characters and their friends offstage were nothing but enjoyable and lots of fun. But that’s just me others may differ.
Hahaha no that is not when I was born!!
I am glad you have good experiences. I know some people do not. I myself have had some unpleasant ones. Luckily the good ones outnumber the bad

🤣🤣🤣 I’ll bet you will have seen and heard some things! Feel free to share if you would like
I've seen it all. Arguing guests, guests who get almost completely undressed in the parking lot to get changed, a woman who (on Xmas day) couldn't wait for the restroom and took a leak out of her car door (we all saw the "stream"). The MK parking lot is the Wild West of Disney World.

I've seen it all. Arguing guests, guests who get almost completely undressed in the parking lot to get changed, a woman who (on Xmas day) couldn't wait for the restroom and took a leak out of her car door (we all saw the "stream"). The MK parking lot is the Wild West of Disney World.
😳 sometimes I stop and think what is happening here? Luckily these moments don’t happen as much as when I was at WDW… but some of my character friends have seen some things. Nothing like this though!

😳 sometimes I stop and think what is happening here? Luckily these moments don’t happen as much as when I was at WDW… but some of my character friends have seen some things. Nothing like this though!
It's honestly like guests don't screw their heads on until they get to the main gate. The parking lot is no holds barred.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter