current special effect magic bands in the parks?

Just remember that they are park specific as the Halloween one only does the special lights and sounds in MK, The star war ones only at HS..

I already linked the one that was mailed to me. If I purchase a special Halloween band in two weeks when I visit, can I use that one instead? Will the cm link my info to it - or will I need to wear both bands?

I already linked the one that was mailed to me. If I purchase a special Halloween band in two weeks when I visit, can I use that one instead? Will the cm link my info to it - or will I need to wear both bands?
The CM will use your current MagicBand to link your new MagicBand to your MDE account. Both MagicBands can then be used to access the data in your MDE. You can choose which one you want to wear each day.

How do you know if the MagicBands make the special sound effects that I've read about? I looked on the Disney store online. My daughter likes a safari Mickey one for Animal Kingdom. It doesn't say that it makes sounds, so I'm guessing it doesn't :-). However, I thought I read about an Animal Kingdom one that makes sounds, but I can't find that one.

How do you know if the MagicBands make the special sound effects that I've read about? I looked on the Disney store online. My daughter likes a safari Mickey one for Animal Kingdom. It doesn't say that it makes sounds, so I'm guessing it doesn't :-). However, I thought I read about an Animal Kingdom one that makes sounds, but I can't find that one.
The ones priced at $29.99 or more have sound effects. You can also check the website that's linked in my post on page one.

There was a limited edition haunted mansion when I was there but it wasn't a special effects band. I think the only special effects bands have been the star wars weekends and a frozen one end of last year. That band came out nov 4th for winter so there might be a return of something for winter.

They do have Kylo Ren magicbands that light up and make sound. They're around $30 and available in Hollywood Studios. I'm not sure if they only work there or in other parks too. My friend has one.

I have a Food and Wine MB that makes sounds at Epcot. Clinking of wine glasses, cork popping, and I think a few others. It's hard to hear though since it's rarely quiet when you scan a band.

It often throws the CM when it wear it now since it makes the Mickey reader turn blue and they always look twice to be sure I have a FP

I have a Food and Wine MB that makes sounds at Epcot. Clinking of wine glasses, cork popping, and I think a few others. It's hard to hear though since it's rarely quiet when you scan a band.

It often throws the CM when it wear it now since it makes the Mickey reader turn blue and they always look twice to be sure I have a FP

I've had a couple CMs look twice at mine in HS my last couple of trips as it turns rainbow, lol.

does anyone know how long the special effects last?
thought you might have an idea

i have a friend who has a 2014 christmas party band but i wanna know how long they last before buying

I saw a few people using the 2014 Christmas band this past December, and it used the correct special effects.

Unless Disney for some reason deletes the code from the system, the special effects should work indefinitely

i have a friend who has a 2014 christmas party band but i wanna know how long they last before buying
Sorry, Cameron. I haven't any idea how long Disney keeps the audio tracks' activation current. Kylo Ren and the Easter MBs are triggering audio now.

Perhaps someone with a Darth Vader or Yoda MB can report as to whether they still trigger the audio - those two MBs from June 2014 were the first audio MBs. I know @mesaboy2 has the Yoda MB but am not sure if he has recently used it.

Ethan @ magicbandcollectors.com may know. He's the ultimate source for MBs.

I have the Valentine band. I used it this past week. It turns the reader pink and makes kissing sounds. Though it was only quiet enough to hear it a couple of times

In November, I used:

2014 MVMCP
2015 Anna & Elsa F&G
2015 SWW Galactic Gathering Jedi Lightsaber

All of them worked with the proper lights & sounds. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter