Dancing With the Stars - Fall 2022

Never heard of most of those stars. Wayne Brady most recently has been the host of "Let's make a Deal" and tries too hard to be funny even when he isn't. He and his 2 side kicks don't really make that show any more enjoyable. Comedians who expect everyone to roll on the floor laughing whenever they say something get annoying to watch. No idea if he has any dancing skills. Usually some of the stars have zero dancing skills, seem like they agree to participate in an effort to revitalize their careers and get voted out in the first few shows.

I’ve watched sporadically in recent years. No longer have Disney+, so we’ll see. I’m getting old. There’s only ever a few “stars” I know. Three this year: Sam Champion (also my local NY news guy, always liked him), Wayne Brady (like him too, love him on “Whose Line?”), and Cheryl Ladd (at 71, apparently she’s the token “older woman” and likely won’t last long). Oh and Jordin Sparks- I watched American Idol way back when, haven’t seen her since. The others... not interested in social media personalities, Bachelor/ettes, etc. Arnold Schwarzenegger’s son, really? (Nothing against him, but how is he a Star?) I say this every year, but they’re really stretching. :rolleyes:

I’ve watched sporadically in recent years. No longer have Disney+, so we’ll see. I’m getting old. There’s only ever a few “stars” I know. Three this year: Sam Champion (also my local NY news guy, always liked him), Wayne Brady (like him too, love him on “Whose Line?”), and Cheryl Ladd (at 71, apparently she’s the token “older woman” and likely won’t last long). Oh and Jordin Sparks- I watched American Idol way back when, haven’t seen her since. The others... not interested in social media personalities, Bachelor/ettes, etc. Arnold Schwarzenegger’s son, really? (Nothing against him, but how is he a Star?) I say this every year, but they’re really stretching. :rolleyes:
....ITA....:scratchin do we share a brain?

GMA had a segment with Daniella Karagach, (the reigning Mirrorball Champion,) breaking down one of her dances with Iman Shumbert last season:

GMA had a segment with Daniella Karagach, (the reigning Mirrorball Champion,) breaking down one of her dances with Iman Shumbert last season:

This dance was incredible. It's in my top five all-time favorites.

Below is Selma Blair walking out to present an Emmy this past Monday. The 50 year old actress had a number of symptoms for over 20 years, that went misdiagnosed as one thing or another. (I remember her mentioning having problems on ET, back then.) She was told she had everything from depression, anxiety, and exhaustion, to hormones and malnutrition. Some said it was all in her head. :sad2:

It wasn't until 2018 that she finally got a correct diagnosis as having multiple sclerosis. And it happened by a fluke. According to an excerpt from her memoir published in an article by TheGuardian.com Selma had posted on Instagram about her chronic illness, that she was in exceptionally intense musculoskeletal pain.

"My friend, the actress Elizabeth Berkley, saw it and sent me a message. 'Are you OK?' she asked. I told her all my symptoms; I would tell anyone who would listen at that point. 'You need to see my brother right away,' she told me. 'He’s a spinal neurologist. Maybe he can help. I’ll call him now. Stand by.'​
That’s how I came to be in Jason Berkley’s office in Beverly Hills. Social media can be noxious, but it can also be miraculous. On that day, it saved me.​
He performed the Romberg’s test, a simple examination where you put your feet together and close your eyes. My legs gave out beneath me. I fell backward, dropping like a plank on to the exam room floor. He ordered an MRI on the spot.​
With my eyes shut, I had no sense of where I was, but gravity did. And then, finally, answers. The scan was my new fortune-teller. The only one I needed. It revealed a number of midsized MS-related lesions on my brain, six of which were problematic because they were active. Little fires burning from canyon to canyon on the synapses. The connection between my brain and my body demyelinated. It all made so much sense now.​
When Dr Berkley said the words, “You have MS”, I felt an adrenaline rush of emotion. It felt like giving birth. The release of it. The catharsis of it. But more than anything, I was overwhelmed by a sense of relief. . ."​

A People.com article says: It's been a long emotional and physical recovery for Selma, as she sees "huge improvements" in her mobility and daily life. Her MS is in remission (meaning there is currently no evidence of disease progression), though she is quick to note she is not cured, as there is no cure for MS.

Selma presented the last Emmy award of the evening. She received a standing ovation as, in addition to her memoir, she's in the Netflix documentary, Introducing, Selma Blair, which follows her diagnosis and how she's had to adapt to new ways of living.

Last edited:
Derek was on Live with Kelly & Ryan this morning:

I noticed the YouTube video of Derek has been removed. As I was trying to find another video of the show, a second one was deleted right AS I was posting the link. The only video up now, is directly from the Live with Kelly & Ryan YouTube channel, and it doesn't include him talking about the upcoming changes for DWTS on Disney+, like how there will be no commercials, so they can talk more and spend more time with each contestant, and such.

I don't know if the crack down on deletions is specific to Live or if it's due to ABC/Disney monitoring it's content being uploaded by others.

I'd say it doesn't bode well for us to hope that the dances will be uploaded onto YouTube to watch if we don't have Disney+.

I originally wasn't going to watch with the move but seeing Selma Blair, Jason Lewis and Cheryl Ladd I may see about watching. I just don't go to Disney+ on a regular basis.

Disney Plus special:
Direct Link ⬇️:

Disney+ Day Special: One month for $1.99

Celebrate and save on a month of streaming. Limited time offer of one month for $1.99 and then $7.99/month after. (Select Markets.)

Some Details - (Do your own research, meaning read ALL the fine print, in case I missed something. :headache: )

Offer valid until 11:59 PM PT on 9/19/22. Valid only for new Disney+ subscribers and returning Disney+ subscribers with no current active entitlement, who are 18 years of age or older. Upon redeeming this offer, you will be enrolled in an auto-renewing monthly subscription of Disney+ and you will be charged the then-current retail price (currently $7.99/month (plus tax, where applicable)) on a monthly basis beginning at the end of your 1-month promotional offer unless you cancel your subscription before then. Cancel anytime, effective at the end of your billing period. No refunds or credits for partial months. To accept this offer, create or log in to a Disney+ account, accept the Disney+ Subscriber Agreement, and select the monthly offer. Valid payment method required to redeem offer. Cannot be combined with any other offers, coupons, discounts or promotions. Not redeemable for cash or any other goods or services. Eligibility rules and offer timing may vary if you sign up through a third party billing partner.

Direct Readable Link: https://www.disneyplus.com/

I noticed the YouTube video of Derek has been removed. As I was trying to find another video of the show, a second one was deleted right AS I was posting the link. The only video up now, is directly from the Live with Kelly & Ryan YouTube channel, and it doesn't include him talking about the upcoming changes for DWTS on Disney+....
...wow, how odd.

The Season Premiere is tonight. popcorn::

And today is the last day to get the Disney Plus special rate of $1.99 for one month only. (See 3 posts above.)

Joseph and Daniella: Jive- Pump It by Black Eyed Peas
Selma and Sasha: Viennese Waltz-Time of your Lives by David Cook
Wayne and Witney: Cha Cha- She's a bad mama jama by Carl Carlton
Sam and Cheryl: Foxtrot- Hold Me Closer by Elton John and Britney Spears
Charli and Mark: Cha Cha- Savage by Megan Thee Stallion
Heidi and Artem: Cha Cha- Lady Marmalade by Christina, Lil Kim, Mya and Pink
Jessie and Alan: Cha Cha- Sweet Home Alabama by Lynyrd Skynyrd
Trevor and Emma: Quickstep- Dancing with myself by Billy Idol
Daniel and Britt: Tango- Barbara Streisand by Duck Sauce
Teresa and Pasha: Tango- We found love by Rihanna
Vinny and Koko: Sala- Titi Me Pregunto by Bad Bunny
Cheryl and Louis: Cha Cha- Got to Give it up by Marvin Gaye
Jason and Peta: Cha Cha- Get lucky by Daft Punk
Shangela and Gleb: Salsa- When I grow up by The Pussycat Dolls
Jordin and Brandon: Cha Cha- I wanna dance with somebody by Whitney houston
Gabby and Val: Jive- As it was by Harry styles

Anyone else watching?

Tyra is acting like she's jacked up on cocaine. :headache: :badpc: :headache:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter