Davids DVC: Rental reimbursement or rescheduling?

I more than 100% agree with you because from the start, with resorts closed, he should have taken the approach because I think many owners felt that closure did put them under some obligation to be involved

With resorts open, there Really is no reason to not have contracts honored, Like I said, I don’t begrudge any renter who asks and I don’t begrudge David’s for contacting owners as some may not care.

I fully support owners who tell him where to go when he tries to go off contract right now. Especially ones who may have already been dealing with a reservation during the closed period.

I agree with you, as much as it sucks to feel forced into a vacation when you aren’t comfortable, there is no reason for contracts to not be honoured when everything is open. I could see why he may be more lenient during those few weeks when DVC resorts are open and parks are not, but past that I think is can of worms territory!

I fully support owners who tell him where to go when he tries to go off contract right now. Especially ones who may have already been dealing with a reservation during the closed period.

I agree with you, as much as it sucks to feel forced into a vacation when you aren’t comfortable, there is no reason for contracts to not be honoured when everything is open. I could see why he may be more lenient during those few weeks when DVC resorts are open and parks are not, but past that I think is can of worms territory!

And I know I am one of those owners who won’t do the things that some renters here would hope for with resorts open.

But, then again, I am also an owner willing to walk away with only 70% of what I agreed to be paid to keep the points and give my renter...if they want out..something vs losing it all.

I'm a first time renter and I'm now wondering why I would ever go the DVC route again. I'm now stuck with a reservation when I don't feel
comfortable and if I do, I'm not getting the experience that I paid for with the parks. I'm now seeing horror stories about people showing up
to their resort only to have the owner renege on the room, something I didn't realize was prevalent etc... There seems to be no way brokers, owners
or renters can win here.

I want to add that while I'm not thrilled with my personal situation, at least I'm not a make a wish parent that had my child's vacation cancelled and may
not ever get another chance. When I think of their heartache, it puts things in perspective for me.

I'm a first time renter and I'm now wondering why I would ever go the DVC route again. I'm now stuck with a reservation when I don't feel
comfortable and if I do, I'm not getting the experience that I paid for with the parks. I'm now seeing horror stories about people showing up
to their resort only to have the owner renege on the room, something I didn't realize was prevalent etc... There seems to be no way brokers, owners
or renters can win here.

I want to add that while I'm not thrilled with my personal situation, at least I'm not a make a wish parent that had my child's vacation cancelled and may
not ever get another chance. When I think of their heartache, it puts things in perspective for me.

homedtly if you want flexibility to change dates or cancel you need to go cash.

It is disrespectful and tells me what he thinks of me as an Owner and I can’t say here what I’d like to tell him but when if ever he contacts me I sure will
I’m so done with him - talk about burning your bridge behind you !

homedtly if you want flexibility to change dates or cancel you need to go cash.

Funny thing is this is actually why we rented points for this stay. We schedule specific dates knowing we never change them. That's why renting appealed to us. We knew we were locked in and that was fine. We still plan on being there in September.

or renters can win here.

Are you renting from a broker or directly from an owner? Have you tried to reach out to them? If so, how did they respond?

I’m glad that you can put things in perspective but it’s okay to feel bad about your own situation. We humans can have more than one emotion running at the same time. We’re very complex beings. I encourage you to contact the owner or broker to see what can be done if you haven’t done so yet.

or renters can win here.

Before this we had multiple great experiences with David’s. No complaints, very easy to communicate with, everything went off without a hitch. If we had something come up in our personal lives not allowing us to travel, we had insurance that covered it.

The pandemic turned it all on its head. I am not comfortable renting points again.

Funny thing is this is actually why we rented points for this stay. We schedule specific dates knowing we never change them. That's why renting appealed to us. We knew we were locked in and that was fine. We still plan on being there in September.

mans for people in that situation a lot of Money can be saved by renting as long as something like this doesn’t happen.

I am not sure I understand how David is holding any owner's vacation hostage.

If there is not a contract with an owner then (assuming your fact that David is holding owner money) then David is breaching the contract and like every contract that is breached there is a remedy in addition to on line posting. If you don't like the remedy then the time to have decided that was prior to signing. People can ASSUME the other party is honorable and will do "the right thing" even if the right thing is arguable.

If there is a contract, for example having gotten 70%, a request to re-rent points and no payment of the 30% then according to your stipulations there is actually a breach by David and the contract is over and you have remedies.

But you can't play both sides

For a renter charge back is the answer and it has been working. If someone CHOOSES to take the voucher then then that is a deliberate choice to change the contract.

I'll re-phrase...

IMO, David's is breaching the contract with owners by not paying owners the 30% that he promised to pay on the date of check-in (whether or not check-in occurred) as long as the owner didn't breach the contract by cancelling the reservation (or causing it to be cancelled due to their negligence). Thus, he is holding the owner's money hostage unless they agree to the new contract terms. Yes, owners have the remedy of taking legal action against David's. But that's only necessary because he is holding their money hostage unless they agree to the new terms.

IMO, David's is also breaching the contract with renters that said they would receive their money back (no mention of a voucher) if the reservation was not provided. He is holding 100% of their money hostage and insisting they accept a voucher under new contract terms. Yes, renters have a remedy of pursuing charge backs (in some cases), or taking legal action against David's. But, again, that's only necessary because he is holding their money hostage unless they agree to the new terms (one could argue that he still has their money held hostage even if they agree to the terms, since all they're getting is a voucher that may end up being worthless).

I don't see that observation as "playing both sides." I see it as being my assessment that David's is paying neither owners nor renters the money they are due based on the contracts he entered into with them. He's got their money and is refusing to pay either party, hence my use of the term "holding their money hostage."

Are you renting from a broker or directly from an owner? Have you tried to reach out to them? If so, how did they respond?

I’m glad that you can put things in perspective but it’s okay to feel bad about your own situation. We humans can have more than one emotion running at the same time. We’re very complex beings. I encourage you to contact the owner or broker to see what can be done if you haven’t done so yet.

I'm renting from David's. I have a reservation in Oct. I haven't tried to cancel because it doesn't look like it would be any use. I will say any other contact I have had with them
has been prompt and courteous.

I'm renting from David's. I have a reservation in Oct. I haven't tried to cancel because it doesn't look like it would be any use. I will say any other contact I have had with them

You certainly can, as a renter, reach out about concerns, and ask for options, if any.

Right now, if you don’t go, you are out it all but even if it is a long shot you will get something back, I say try.

very true. right now if somebody doesn’t yet have a park ticket they can’t get one. I’m not going to book a place esoecially under a no refund clause if I dont know I can get a park ticket And reservation. So right now his market is likely only people with passes or old tickets.

So wait... My reservation was cancelled in April, I'm not planning to rebook anytime soon, we have about 2k worth of park tickets that Disney won't refund but they won't sell folks with a trip tickets? If only David's had a ticket resale business... Lol
I'd much rather have my 2k back for tickets over an infinite credit from Disney...

So wait... My reservation was cancelled in April, I'm not planning to rebook anytime soon, we have about 2k worth of park tickets that Disney won't refund but they won't sell folks with a trip tickets? If only David's had a ticket resale business... Lol
I'd much rather have my 2k back for tickets over an infinite credit from Disney...

Are they special tickets? There have been quite a few people reporting Disney refunding tickets without hassle lately, I don’t know that they were as willing to do so a couple months ago.

In any case, you might get a better answer just talking to a different CM lol.

Are they special tickets? There have been quite a few people reporting Disney refunding tickets without hassle lately, I don’t know that they were as willing to do so a couple months ago.

In any case, you might get a better answer just talking to a different CM lol.

I guess I'll trying calling... Email is just use by December or credit. Nope just park hopper...

I guess I'll trying calling... Email is just use by December or credit. Nope just park hopper...
I just linked tickets yesterday. They won’t expire until 09/26/2021 even though my start day is in late October. I think they’re extending the valid dates for all date-based tickets to 9/26/2021. My daughter bought hers for early September of this year and her “valid thru” date is the same as mine.

Try. Another poster has reported that David’s offered them a choice of a voucher or a cash refund minus $3/point if the reservation can be rented out to someone else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter