Davids DVC: Rental reimbursement or rescheduling?

Try. Another poster has reported that David’s offered them a choice of a voucher or a cash refund minus $3/point if the reservation can be rented out to someone else.

Have they always offered this (the cash refund minus a fee), or were dedicated reservations strictly from owners trying to sell their own?

Have they always offered this (the cash refund minus a fee), or were dedicated reservations strictly from owners trying to sell their own?
I don’t know whether David’s has ever offered concessions on the “no refunds” policy...even when a hurricane disrupted travel to Central Florida. Dedicated reservations were usually owners trying to rent existing reservations for a busy time or near the end of their UY.

I have a question about upcoming stays. We rented points through David's. We still plan on going since it's in September. Yesterday I received an email stating there was a new reservation system and since I had tickets I would be priority. I'm wondering about the wording since it didn't say I had an onsite hotel stay. I'm just curious if our owner got an email about the stay. Have owners who are renting points received emails about onsite stays?

We are owners who have made reservations for David in August and September and we haven’t received any emails about tickets for those stays. I can only assume they simply go to the people listed on the booking.

So wait... My reservation was cancelled in April, I'm not planning to rebook anytime soon, we have about 2k worth of park tickets that Disney won't refund but they won't sell folks with a trip tickets? If only David's had a ticket resale business... Lol
I'd much rather have my 2k back for tickets over an infinite credit from Disney...
I am sure they will sell your tickets for you and give you a voucher in return.

We are owners who have made reservations for David in August and September and we haven’t received any emails about tickets for those stays. I can only assume they simply go to the people listed on the booking.

Thank you so much for your reply. I figured we were safe since we did get an email from Disney but I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing out on one. Your reply relieved some stress so many, many thanks.

Now ifonly I could convince my husband to buy which was the whole point of renting points, little did any of us know what the future would hold. Oh well.

I’m afraid I haven’t had a chance to read all of the comments on this thread, so apologies if this has already been asked. I am an owner working with David’s. I’ve got rentals booked for people in August (BLT and Aulani) and Sept (AKV). I haven’t had any communication from David’s in relation to these rentals. I imagine he is busy dealing with the ones that have occurred whilst the parks and hotels have been closed. I know that we agreed not to contact the renters directly when we signed the contract. However, as owner I do have the email address of the lead guest for each booking. I am tempted to contact them to see if they want to change the date of their reservation to later in the year (before the points expire on 30 November). Although it would take a bit of time on my part, I’d be more than happy to do it provided I still received the outstanding 30%. If the Renter wanted to change and we did make the change I’m assuming that David would be none the wiser and that I’d still get my 30% on the day the renter was due to check in. Is that correct? Do the renters have to do anything on the day of checking in to trigger the payment? Do they have to email David’s and confirm they have been able to check in or is it automatic?

I’m afraid I haven’t had a chance to read all of the comments on this thread, so apologies if this has already been asked. I am an owner working with David’s. I’ve got rentals booked for people in August (Aulani) and Sept (WDW). I haven’t had any communication from David’s in relation to these rentals. I imagine he is busy dealing with the ones that have occurred whilst the parks and hotels have been closed. I know that we agreed not to contact the renters directly when we signed the contract. However, as owner I do have the email address of the lead guest for each booking. I am tempted to contact them to see if they want to change the date of their reservation to later in the year (before the points expire on 30 November). Although it would take a bit of time on my part, I’d be more than happy to do it provided I still received the outstanding 30%. If the Renter wanted to change and we did make the change I’m assuming that David would be none the wiser and that I’d still get my 30% on the day the renter was due to check in. Is that correct? Do the renters have to do anything on the day of checking in to trigger the payment? Do they have to email David’s and confirm they have been able to check in or is it automatic?
Well his renters would have to contact him on the date they were scheduled to check on and say they did so he will pay you the remaining 30%. However if something happens such as a second closing they would be SOL if they wanted to do a chargeback or a voucher since they would have violated the contract by dealing directly with the owner

I’m afraid I haven’t had a chance to read all of the comments on this thread, so apologies if this has already been asked. I am an owner working with David’s. I’ve got rentals booked for people in August (BLT and Aulani) and Sept (AKV). I haven’t had any communication from David’s in relation to these rentals. I imagine he is busy dealing with the ones that have occurred whilst the parks and hotels have been closed. I know that we agreed not to contact the renters directly when we signed the contract. However, as owner I do have the email address of the lead guest for each booking. I am tempted to contact them to see if they want to change the date of their reservation to later in the year (before the points expire on 30 November). Although it would take a bit of time on my part, I’d be more than happy to do it provided I still received the outstanding 30%. If the Renter wanted to change and we did make the change I’m assuming that David would be none the wiser and that I’d still get my 30% on the day the renter was due to check in. Is that correct? Do the renters have to do anything on the day of checking in to trigger the payment? Do they have to email David’s and confirm they have been able to check in or is it automatic?

IMO, I would not try to do a work around David’s in this instance, If you are willing to make adjustments for the renter and want to reach out to them to see if they want to change, then that would be okay,

If they say yes, then I would not actually make any changes without getting confirmation from David’s, with the renter included, that you all ageee to make the change,

Technically, anything you do to change or cancel a trip, triggers a refund to the renter, and makes you liable. There was a report of an owner here who reached out, renter said they wanted a change, and they contacted David’s to confirm they could do it, only to reach out to the renter shortly after to find out David’s had contacted them and shared the voucher idea and they took it.

I have an August renters at Poly and haven’t heard anything but don’t anticipate I will unless the renters reach out to David’s because they don’t want to go. If that happens, I will share with David’s the option I am willing to do and the renter and broker can decide if it works for them...if not, then the contract will stay and I will expect full payment regardless if renters go or not.

I’m the Owner you mentioned
Don’t do it !! Let this Play out - I think if you reach out to David the renter will be offered a voucher and you will be under his new terms and I would advise against going under those terms - just my opinion you need to make your own decisions but keep in mind if you change anything without David’s approval you are breaking your contract
It seems David thinks it’s ok for him to break contracts just not any Owners

I’m the Owner you mentioned
Don’t do it !! Let this Play out - I think if you reach out to David the renter will be offered a voucher and you will be under his new terms and I would advise against going under those terms - just my opinion you need to make your own decisions but keep in mind if you change anything without David’s approval you are breaking your contract
It seems David thinks it’s ok for him to break contracts just not any Owners

Thanks for sharing your experience. I was thinking of reaching out to the renter rather than David and then perhaps making a joint approach if they wanted to change their booking (one of the renters is from South Korea and I doubt will be able to, or want to, travel with the current restrictions. Perhaps it’s best to just leave things be, although I imagine that if the renter contacts David and requests a date change on the booking then David’s won’t ask me to make the change. Perhaps I’m wrong though and being unduly harsh on David’s.

David will offer voucher he’s trying to get cash
I would strongly advise you to not contact I understand where you are coming from but this falls into no good deed goes unpunished
I’m sorry your in this boat but hey you have a ton of company - I myself have two so far maybe 3 before it’s done and I was a renter too !!

Thanks for sharing your experience. I was thinking of reaching out to the renter rather than David and then perhaps making a joint approach if they wanted to change their booking (one of the renters is from South Korea and I doubt will be able to, or want to, travel with the current restrictions. Perhaps it’s best to just leave things be, although I imagine that if the renter contacts David and requests a date change on the booking then David’s won’t ask me to make the change. Perhaps I’m wrong though and being unduly harsh on David’s.

His stance during the closure was a hard no, A few renters have posted here that he offered them an options for trying to secure a new renter.

So, I think if your renters contact him, and he is doing what is being reported right now, you may here from him and can decide if you want to or can still help.

The reason I said voucher was because it was stated the renter is out of country and more than likely under travel restrictions - it seems David is NOW offering vouchers to out of country renters under Travel Restrictions
He didn’t care about in country renters under them

The reason I said voucher was because it was stated the renter is out of country and more than likely under travel restrictions - it seems David is NOW offering vouchers to out of country renters under Travel Restrictions
He didn’t care about in country renters under them

Yes, one is international but the other two bookings are from US citizens.

Fingers' crossed for them all!

Good luck but I would not if it was me agree to those new terms he has

Don't worry, I won't! Any amendment to the booking would be made on the condition that the original terms and conditions are applicable i.e. it would be an amendment not a new booking. I'm only interested in making a change that assists the current renter, not in making a new booking for someone else in substitution. Thanks for the heads up. Now I just have to try to rent out c.500 points to be used before the end of November. I'm thinking that is where I will need the luck!

He had trouble getting enough owners to supply points before this happened. I don’t think he’s going to see owners clamoring to rent thru him in the future. After reading firsthand reports of his opinion of “lazy” owners that use his service, it would be a cold day in hell before he would get an opportunity to make money off of my points.

Where did he say this? I would very much like to read this as someone that has used his service in the past.

Where did he say this? I would very much like to read this as someone that has used his service in the past.
I cannot link to it here. It was another DVC message board and the person posting had direct interaction with David. Actually, a couple of posters on that board had in-person experiences with him and none of them came away with a warm, fuzzy feeling.

Don't worry, I won't! Any amendment to the booking would be made on the condition that the original terms and conditions are applicable i.e. it would be an amendment not a new booking. I'm only interested in making a change that assists the current renter, not in making a new booking for someone else in substitution. Thanks for the heads up. Now I just have to try to rent out c.500 points to be used before the end of November. I'm thinking that is where I will need the luck!

Aulani has ample availability but this discussion vis a vis your BLT rental is a moot point. Check out the availability calendar -- no more than 3 consecutive days available, usually midweek.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter