Davids DVC: Rental reimbursement or rescheduling?

I have one pending on a different travel issue with citi MasterCard that is not looking so well
I will say Chase by far is superior in all things my opinion and experience only

My husband called and that's what they told him. Said we could pursue civil suit? I presume they will mail something. Our other chargeback is with MasterCard via Citibank. The visa is a bank of America business card. Just curious if anyone had heard this from a visa...
I would call them back and ask when you can expect the denial letter. Then resubmit the chargeback with a copy of the denial letter and a copy of your contract with the pertinent sections highlighted.

I would call them back and ask when you can expect the denial letter. Then resubmit the chargeback with a copy of the denial letter and a copy of your contract with the pertinent sections highlighted.

We submitted that... With voucher wording, contract highlighted, and letter... They claim visa isn't allowing??

We submitted that... With voucher wording, contract highlighted, and letter... They claim visa isn't allowing??
I have heard of visa initially denying chargeback claims but it was because they submitted the claim before the resort was closed for the days of the booking. Once those dates passed they resubmitted with all of the contract information etc. and then they were successful.

I just looked at the trip insurance I bought for my DCL back in Jan 2019. At the time, I was more concerned about hurricanes or medical evac. The policy did not include pandemic, but it did not exclude it either. It did specifically include being quarantined:

"a. You or Your Traveling Companion being hijacked, quarantined, required to serve on a jury (notice of jury duty must be received after Your Effective Date), served with a court order to appear as a witness in a legal action in which You or Your Traveling Companion is not a party (except law enforcement officers); "

I'm wondering if I would have been denied or granted coverage because of this clause. If and when I do purchase trip insurance again, I'm sure the verbage will be modified. Just as the rental agreements will also.

Also, just to reassure you owners out there, I have been researching plans to rent points for my upcoming WDW vacation in October 2021 and still plan to do so.

Last edited:
My charge back was with a chase visa and I won

How long did yours take? I filed my paperwork with Chase 5/27 and got a notice of receipt. Then I received a boilerplate note 5/28 saying they would look into it, but nothing since then.

I filed over the phone it takes two billing cycles - mine was Aulani and David is not dealing with Aulani per David they are too busy with FL I don’t believe they ever responded to Chase as mine was resolved before two billing cycles
I filed in March the minute the hotel closed after I had given David several chances my checkin was not until May but since hotel was closed and Hawaii was on lock down thru June Chase accepted my filing a charge back
I submitted nothing

Oh and I was never offered a voucher

If I'm understanding you, it sounds like you filed a charge back right away, "in March the minute the hotel closed" well ahead of your May reservation. At that point, David's was only dealing with cancelled reservations... mine was at the end of May. I had to wait until it was actually cancelled by Disney to be offered the voucher. I accepted and have since re-booked for next year.

I would not expect you to be offered a voucher having filed the charge back. Were it to be denied, then you would be offered a voucher.

Last edited:
Once Canada closed their border and Hawaii was on lock down - there was no way the Hawaii cruise was going to happen = I contacted David begging him to ask the Owner to rebook - Flat NO - Then the Hotel closed - Again I contacted David - Again NO - Asked to speak to Manager - again NO and was told they are too busy dealing with Florida to deal with Hawaii - So I called Chase. Chase found this unacceptable (and so did I). While all this was going on - I also had an April Renter who David had consented that I could work with to rebook - well him took that back unknown to me and gave them a voucher (they were FL) - So he was giving out Vouchers - Just not to Renters in Hawaii. Remember he was too busy dealing with Florida - Never too busy to take your cash. What I find infuriating I have a June renter who will be cancelled next week - funny that now all of a sudden David can find my email address and contact me about that - doesn't care to not have that cash! My little April rental who cares ??
But my rental in Hawaii was almost $3,000 I would think that would have been worth his time But what do I know????

Once Canada closed their border and Hawaii was on lock down - there was no way the Hawaii cruise was going to happen = I contacted David begging him to ask the Owner to rebook - Flat NO - Then the Hotel closed - Again I contacted David - Again NO - Asked to speak to Manager - again NO and was told they are too busy dealing with Florida to deal with Hawaii - So I called Chase. Chase found this unacceptable (and so did I). While all this was going on - I also had an April Renter who David had consented that I could work with to rebook - well him took that back unknown to me and gave them a voucher (they were FL) - So he was giving out Vouchers - Just not to Renters in Hawaii. Remember he was too busy dealing with Florida - Never too busy to take your cash. What I find infuriating I have a June renter who will be cancelled next week - funny that now all of a sudden David can find my email address and contact me about that - doesn't care to not have that cash! My little April rental who cares ??
But my rental in Hawaii was almost $3,000 I would think that would have been worth his time But what do I know????

I wasn’t suggesting you should have necessarily done anything differently. Just that under your circumstances you would not have been offered a voucher.

The voucher system was actually not set up and offered until quite a bit later than the point in March you are referencing. You elected to do a charge back immediately. If you had waited until Disney cancelled your May reservation you would have been offered a voucher.

People who have charge backs pending now, I believe are told that they will still be eligible for vouchers if they are denied. So there is no loss in trying that route.

For them just to say they were not going to deal with Hawaii was ridiculous.

As the line in Kill Bill Goes - we have unfinished business - once that is done - we are DONE for all eternity ! Amen !
To each his own but it’s not for me as a Owner or Renter and sad to say I was both in this mess.

As the line in Kill Bill Goes - we have unfinished business - once that is done - we are DONE for all eternity ! Amen !
To each his own but it’s not for me as a Owner or Renter and sad to say I was both in this mess.

Wish you all the best in getting through this thing.

Oh thank you I hope everyone comes out well I’m afraid that may not be the case this whole mess just sucks all way around everywhere !!

My reservation for 6/14-6/20 has disappeared from MDE. Renter's don't receive emails of the cancellation, correct?

What was everyone doing once their reservation disappeared? I was sent the voucher email. Do I respond asking for a refund first?

My reservation for 6/14-6/20 has disappeared from MDE. Renter's don't receive emails of the cancellation, correct?

What was everyone doing once their reservation disappeared? I was sent the voucher email. Do I respond asking for a refund first?

DVC doesn’t send cancellation emails at all. I can’t help with the rest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter