Dci 2010

:banana: Love Love Love First Circle! :cool1:

Pat Methany for the win! Well, 2nd place. I'm gonna call it now, Carolina Crown takes it all this year! Their show of 2nd symphonies/movements and Nimrod (A Second Chance) is just amazing.

As a battery/drumline alum, I do have to say that hearing the front line performing First Circle is one of the most prettiest sounds that sound can make. :)

Oh btw, I'm going to the Beanpot Invitational (Boston, MA) on July 3! Anyone else going?

Oh btw, I'm going to the Beanpot Invitational (Boston, MA) on July 3! Anyone else going?

God I wish! I have 50 yard line seats at my disposal......

Add you Wally and Jenn and darn that would be one fun weekend for me!

Wasn't one of Star's old staff members supposed to be teaching brass with the Scouts this year....or am I thinking of another corps? :confused3

The top 6 are all pretty much neck-and-neck right now. (There's less than 2.5 points separating 1st place from 6th place. :eek:) There's usually a definite leader at the start of the season, but this year seems to be a different story. I think as of now the top 3 are Crown, Blue Devils and Cadets......but Bluecoats, Cavies and SCV are right on their tails. If Phantom wants to make the top 6 this year they're gonna have to work it. :confused3 They're not far behind, but since the competition looks so tight this year they're going to have to pull something out of their magic hat....er.....helmet.

edit:
Crown has several videos on YouTube now. They're using regular "brass" horns (as opposed to silver), and they sound amazing for it being this early in the season. I can see them taking the percussion and possibly brass captions, but as of right now the drill feels really predictable, generic and a bit boring to me. And the guard......well.....I adore Adam-He's a sweetheart, but I just don't understand why they brought him onto their faculty. His style of equipment work just doesn't compliment what Crown has been doing in my opinion.

This concludes today's episode of "MM Whines About DCI".

Wasn't one of Star's old staff members supposed to be teaching brass with the Scouts this year....or am I thinking of another corps? :confused3

Pretty much the whole staff came from Star at one time or another.....the brass staff was with the Cadets in the early '80's.

This guy crunches all the scores every day, and sends you an email every morning.....if anyone wants the link PM me....

01 (03) - 80.90 (2) - Bluecoats
02 (04) - 80.80 (1) - The Cadets
03 (01) - 80.50 (3) - Carolina Crown
04 (02) - 80.05 (6) - Blue Devils
05 (05) - 78.80 (2) - Phantom Regiment
06 (08) - 78.40 (1) - The Cavaliers
07 (05) - 77.50 (4) - Santa Clara Vanguard
08 (07) - 77.40 (2) - Boston Crusaders
09 (09) - 76.40 (1) - Blue Stars
10 (10) - 73.80 (6) - Blue Knights
11 (12) - 72.20 (2) - Spirit
12 (15) - 71.10 (2) - Crossmen
13 (11) - 70.40 (5) - Madison Scouts
14 (18) - 69.80 (1) - Colts
15 (13) - 69.40 (7) - Glassmen
16 (14) - 68.45 (6) - Troopers
17 (16) - 67.20 (4) - Pacific Crest
18 (17) - 66.90 (8) - The Academy
19 (19) - 65.60 (6) - Mandarins
20 (20) - 64.60 (2) - Jersey Surf
21 (22) - 64.40 (1) - Pioneer
22 (21) - 63.70 (9) - Teal Sound

I have an extra ticket to tomorrow night's show at the Manning Bowl in Lynn, MA (Boston). The Corps performing are the Crusaders, Crown, Phantom, and Bluecoats. It's a $30 20-30 yard line seat. I usually skip the first half (Surf, Spirit) to watch the drumlines warm up in the lot, but I'll be there before 7pm if you want to go and see the whole show.
Anyone interested?

Ummm I officially hate you now! :lmao:

Awwww!
I had someone bail on me, and everyone else I know who is into DCI already has July 4th plans, so I'm just trying to find someone to take the ticket.
I'll try to take some video of the show and will post on youtube later.

P.S. I'm loving that Phantom is doing the music of Michael Kamen. He is one of my fave composers, and definitely underrated for his film scores.

You know if you threw in "Meet me at the Hilltop for lunch before the show" I would have been there! ;)

Hope you have fun! In all honesty, not sure I am ready for the "new" Manning Bowl! Too many good memories at the old one!

I was at the Bowling Green show and I liked what I saw so far. Was at WDW last week, so I didn't get to update here. This weekend, we are heading out to Kalamazoo for the regional show. It's going to be family time since my kids live out there! My daughter-in-law is anxious for another DCI show, too. Can't wait until my granddaughter is old enough to attend, but that will be a few more years!

pinine

Wow......:eek:

As of tonight the Bluecoats, Crown, Blue Devils and Cavies are all neck-n-neck. Somehow the Cadets snuck ahead to the top. (Please don't ask me how this happened. :rolleyes: )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter