DCL coming to Dover

Thanks Claire, I've just put in my quote request. :thumbsup2

I put my request in on Tuesday, before I even spoke to DH about the cruise :rotfl: Just waiting for a reply now from DU.

Claire ;)

Thanks Claire, I've just put in my quote request. :thumbsup2

No worries. :thumbsup2

Definately looks like we won't be joining you - I just spoke to DH again and he is not keen. :sad2: I can't convince him to pay double the price for Disney compared to the same itinerary with other cruise lines.

Is it just me or are they really high prices? :confused3

As I can't see DH agreeing to anything Disney until school holidays are not an issue it looks like I will relying on rest of you to provide some good trip reports!

Susan

No worries. :thumbsup2

Definately looks like we won't be joining you - I just spoke to DH again and he is not keen. :sad2: I can't convince him to pay double the price for Disney compared to the same itinerary with other cruise lines.

Is it just me or are they really high prices? :confused3

Definitely high prices. We were originally looking at doing an 11 night holiday to Canada including a 7 night Alaska cruise next year and that would have only been £2,000 each including return flights.

For me it is worth it to be able to spend 12 nights on a Disney cruise ship without having to add the cost of a return flight.

Definitely high prices. We were originally looking at doing an 11 night holiday to Canada including a 7 night Alaska cruise next year and that would have only been £2,000 each including return flights.

For me it is worth it to be able to spend 12 nights on a Disney cruise ship without having to add the cost of a return flight.

I think that is the problem here David - we have never been on a cruise, our first is a 4 night with Disney next September maybe after that my dh will be willing to pay more.......I live in hope! :goodvibes

definately agree with the fact you don't have the expense of air fare with these amasing disney cruises. These must seem awfully expensive to the americans especially with the exchange rate to (euros I would assume).

Also David, Dover is so close you won't even need that stop over at a hotel.

We love the premier inn across from the ferry terminal (where you can see the cruise ships) if you need to stay over night.

susan

We're only a couple of hours from Dover Susan so an overnight won't be needed but I have had a quick look at parking. Looking at June 2009 the cheapest I have seen is a couple of websites offering 13 days for £53 so I would imagine 2010 will be somewhere around that mark.

My birthday is June 16th! :cool1:

I am working on DH at the moment but he's not having any of it! :sad2:

The Northern Capitals on the 12th June is the one I want to go on too! For those of you that are booking if you go through Dreams Unlimited they are offering between $300 & $600 credit per stateroom depending on Category. :thumbsup2

Oh Claire, I really want you to join us!!! Work on Mr Pinky - I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you!!! This is going to be a great cruise and the DU onboard credit is wonderful...

I love the fact that we're so close to Dover - keeps those usual costs to an absolute minimum... :goodvibes

Us too, we are just along the coast near Eastbourne :)

Claire ;)

Wow!!! That's really close - it would be kinda silly not to be on the cruise, wouldn't it??? ;) We're about an hour away and I'm so excited I just can't wait to book!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Oh Claire, I really want you to join us!!! Work on Mr Pinky - I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you!!! This is going to be a great cruise and the DU onboard credit is wonderful...

I love the fact that we're so close to Dover - keeps those usual costs to an absolute minimum... :goodvibes

I'm really trying Karen but he just ain't budging!! :headache:

I've used the were only 2 hours from Dover so don't need to stay overnight and no flight costs on top.....I'm running out of things to try and sway him with.

What about the fact that you've got nearly 2 years to save...? I've just asked my DH how I could sway him (if I had to) and he says that DCL service is a cut above and that's what he loves... ;)

I've used the were only 2 hours from Dover so don't need to stay overnight and no flight costs on top.....I'm running out of things to try and sway him with.

How about no jetlag, no changing of hotel rooms but seeing 6 countries in 12 days, delightful company...

Claire ;)

you could always surpize him and book it for Xmas

I haven't even told DH the cost of it yet , and he didn't ask
we are looking at going on the 24th June , DH said he would like the Med now
He will do as he is told :scared1: :scared1: :scared1: or else
waiting hard for Tues

waiting hard for Tues

Ahhh!!! I know how that goes!! My DH also wants to do a Med cruise so we're thinking of blowing all our hols entitlement on doing 2 DCL cruises - the first Baltic and the last Med... :lmao: And this isn't even my idea... :goodvibes

What about the fact that you've got nearly 2 years to save...? I've just asked my DH how I could sway him (if I had to) and he says that DCL service is a cut above and that's what he loves... ;)

As we've never been on any cruise it's hard to know what to expect - so although I've told him everyone says DCL is a million times better than anyone else....still not budging!

How about no jetlag, no changing of hotel rooms but seeing 6 countries in 12 days, delightful company...

Claire ;)

He likes the idea of a cruise, no jetlag, unpacking etc - it's just the cost factor......if you look on virgin holidays cruise section for pretty much the same cruise next June with Carnival it's half the price of DCL. :headache:

I told him how lovely you all are and that didn't work either. :confused3

waiting hard for Tues

He would freak out if I did that.

Ahhh!!! I know how that goes!! My DH also wants to do a Med cruise so we're thinking of blowing all our hols entitlement on doing 2 DCL cruises - the first Baltic and the last Med... :lmao: And this isn't even my idea... :goodvibes

That sounds lovely Karen - go for it! :woohoo:

...He likes the idea of a cruise, no jetlag, unpacking etc - it's just the cost factor......if you look on virgin holidays cruise section for pretty much the same cruise next June with Carnival it's half the price of DCL. :headache:

I told him how lovely you all are and that didn't work either. :confused3

Awww hon! That's a shame - TBH my DH wouldn't agree to ANY cruise but I played the Silver Wedding card and got him to agree to a DCL cruise to celebrate - the rest is history as we had such an awesome time... Keep doing some subtle priming and maybe he'll get there in the end... :hug:

Awww hon! That's a shame - TBH my DH wouldn't agree to ANY cruise but I played the Silver Wedding card and got him to agree to a DCL cruise to celebrate - the rest is history as we had such an awesome time... Keep doing some subtle priming and maybe he'll get there in the end... :hug:

I'll keep trying but I doubt it....I made him a cup of tea & now i'm sulking with him as that sometimes works! (I'm such a child! :lmao: ) ;)

I've even tried by telling him if we book now we get tier one prices and the onboard credit then if after our 4 night cruise next Sept, if he doesn't like it we will cancel and not lose the deposit. (I think i'm right that we won't lose the deposit that far out but i need to double check). Still no. ARGGHHH! :scared:

I'll keep trying but I doubt it....I made him a cup of tea & now i'm sulking with him as that sometimes works! (I'm such a child! :lmao: ) ;)

I've even tried by telling him if we book now we get tier one prices and the onboard credit then if after our 4 night cruise next Sept, if he doesn't like it we will cancel and not lose the deposit. (I think i'm right that we won't lose the deposit that far out but i need to double check). Still no. ARGGHHH! :scared:

Guys!!! Honestly, what are they like??? My DH is right now suddenly being "difficult" about buying some extra DVC points even tho' I've saved the cash... :mad: He's gonna have to get with the programme or there will be trouble!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter