"DCL Klondike Kruisers" - August 23, 2011 PART 2

We arrived home about 10 last night.

So sad to be back at work and vacation over.

It was an amazing trip!!

Now waiting on a tropical storm sitting off the coast!! Rainy labor day here!!

Joanne, did you do the bike thing? We saw some when we were driving back to Skagway and let's just say I am glad it wasn't me. It was raining and wet and just didn't look inviting AT ALL!

We had a great time, sorry we didn't get to meet more DISer's but it was all about the ports for us this time around! Tracy Arm was incredible, we were so lucky with the weather that day. I think that was my favorite day.

Home now...actually late Tuesday, but too tired to check in :) Now it's Thursday...I'm not sure where Wednesday went...I think it was called laundryday ;) this week. Thanks everyone for all the FE surprises...you guys rock! :yay: Laurel was so geeked every time she would peek in the bags :) Thanks! We rebooked, we are headed next November on the Dream...can't wait, we are hooked :) We hope to see all of you on the Forums or on a cruise again. Thanks for all your tips and answers to my crazy questions :yay:
-Robyn, Rick & Laurel

Joanne, did you do the bike thing? We saw some when we were driving back to Skagway and let's just say I am glad it wasn't me. It was raining and wet and just didn't look inviting AT ALL!

We had a great time, sorry we didn't get to meet more DISer's but it was all about the ports for us this time around! Tracy Arm was incredible, we were so lucky with the weather that day. I think that was my favorite day.

Yes we did, it was fun but cold.

We too didn't meet many disers. We were so busy on the port days also.

Does anyone know what became of ME STeamboat Willie and his family? We never did meet them on the cruise.

N

Glad you made it home safely. We were on the bus with you guys after the cruise. And we also enjoyed the FE gifts. Very creative!

Loved your hair!

Thanks everyone - it was absolutely great. We never got over there to see the Walt suite, but we enjoyed talking to you and your family....we were looking for "butta" with the flip flops but must have missed it.:rotfl:

Oh butta was there. He was planking all ofer the ship. :rotfl2:

They were on the cruise. Meet them several times as we've cruised with them previously.

Oh that's a shame. I asked around at the meet the first day but nobody seemed to know anything about them. If you read this Willie step in and give me some clues about who you were!

N

I was on the 8/15 Alaska cruise and I was wondering what your weather was on your port days. Looks like rain in Skagway, what about Juneau and Ketchikan?

I was on the 8/15 Alaska cruise and I was wondering what your weather was on your port days. Looks like rain in Skagway, what about Juneau and Ketchikan?

We had rain on and off in Skagway. It was drizzling when we got there and then we took the Klondike and White Pass Railway to Fraser and it wasn't raining at all there. Then when we got back to Skagway it was raining again.

Juneau, it was raining it the morning and by afternoon it actually had stopped. We actually saw sun.

Same thing in Ketchikan. It was rainy when we got there. It cleared up for a good part of the day and it was sunny and nice. Then it started drizzling again towards early evening.

All in all, based on other reviews and what the cruise staff told us, our weather was great in comparison to what other cruisers had experienced. We were very lucky. I think the weather in Alaska was better than they were experiencing back here in the Northeast. They had an earthquake, hurricane and tornados while we were gone.

We got home at 1:15a.m. on Tuesday/Wednesday (we had a 3 hour time change to WI) and I was back to work at school by 7:25 a.m. Wednesday. The first couple days of school have been rough but I survived and finally able to breath. The luggage is finally empty.
We wanted to say thank you to everyone on the cruise. We really enjoyed meeting and putting faces with the names. Also thanks for all the FE gifts, my DH at first didn't know what to expect but he was the one always checking it and rushing down the hall when he saw something in here. It was so much fun!! It really helped make this cruise that much more memorable!!!

We had rain on and off in Skagway. It was drizzling when we got there and then we took the Klondike and White Pass Railway to Fraser and it wasn't raining at all there. Then when we got back to Skagway it was raining again.

Juneau, it was raining it the morning and by afternoon it actually had stopped. We actually saw sun.

Same thing in Ketchikan. It was rainy when we got there. It cleared up for a good part of the day and it was sunny and nice. Then it started drizzling again towards early evening.

All in all, based on other reviews and what the cruise staff told us, our weather was great in comparison to what other cruisers had experienced. We were very lucky. I think the weather in Alaska was better than they were experiencing back here in the Northeast. They had an earthquake, hurricane and tornados while we were gone.
Thanks for the info! Originally I had to decide between our cruise on the 16th and yours on the 23rd. Sounds like I'd have had similar weather on either one.

Hi,
We got home after midnight on Thurs. after a 3 day drive home. We were very tired. The kids had school the next day, but didn't go until later in the morning. Thanks too for all the FE gifts. It was a lot of fun and the kids enjoyed running back to the room to check their goodies. :goodvibes It was nice meeting some of you. I hope everyone enjoyed their cruise as much as we did! I sure miss being on the ship!

Vicki

So I met some of you but not many. I completely spaced on the meet on the first day in the promenade lounge. We got our luggage at about 2:45 and I was so totally focused on unpacking before the lifeboat drill, that I completely forgot. I'm sorry because I was looking forward to meeting all of you. I did run into a few but not all. Thanks for all the FE's they were great. There were so many...I couldn't believe they kept coming, even after I took down the FE when I packed the last night.

So I met some of you but not many. I completely spaced on the meet on the first day in the promenade lounge. We got our luggage at about 2:45 and I was so totally focused on unpacking before the lifeboat drill, that I completely forgot. I'm sorry because I was looking forward to meeting all of you. I did run into a few but not all. Thanks for all the FE's they were great. There were so many...I couldn't believe they kept coming, even after I took down the FE when I packed the last night.

Don't feel bad. We went to the meet but unfortunately I didn't know many of the folks there (all of whom were very nice and recognized us because of the pictures Dan posted!) nor did I meet the few who I rememberd from the board. If any of you out there are people we met please identify yourselves so I can make the connection. A gentlemen named Eric comes to mind and also someone named Deb.

N

Don't feel bad. We went to the meet but unfortunately I didn't know many of the folks there (all of whom were very nice and recognized us because of the pictures Dan posted!) nor did I meet the few who I rememberd from the board. If any of you out there are people we met please identify yourselves so I can make the connection. A gentlemen named Eric comes to mind and also someone named Deb.

N

Mark and Sue here we meet you in the security line and best remember for the sunglasses. We felt this trip was amazing

N

We met and my name is Dee.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter