"DCL Klondike Kruisers" - August 23, 2011 PART 2

First wake up in Vancouver. Went to bed at 6 pm and just got up. That's pretty good for me. Kids are still asleep. Time acclimating may not be too bad. Did the red line on the trolley yesterday. DH & DD fell asleep in their seats. Probably blue line and Granville today with dinner with the whole gang at the old Spagetti Factory tonight.

I can't believe the day is almost here!! I have revise some packing though as I was assuming the weather was going to hold.

Anybody know if there are umbrellas to use in our rooms?

Blessings,

Stacy

Hello!! I am trying to plan tomorrow morning and would love some feedback regarding check in. This is 1st cruise with Disney and I understand we will be personally welcomed / greeted on board (super cool!!). Thus we receive a boarding number. Our travel agent recommended arriving around noon to beat the airport transfer passengers.

Any suggestions / feedback would be so appreciated. When we cruised in May, it was a horrible boarding fiasco ~ over 4 hours. We have accustomed ourselves to drop our luggage off late morning and then leisurely come down early afternoon. With other cruise lines, we have been whisked thru line ups with the kidlets. I don't anticipate any whisking as just about everyone on board will have kidlets!! In May, it was the first big day of cruise season here in Vancouver and there were 4 ships in port. Initial line ups were thru the terminal and up the ramp outside. The cruise left 3 hours behind schedule!! :sad2:

I believe Disney is the only ship in tomorrow so things should be very smooth!!

Blessings,

Stacy

I can't believe the day is almost here!! I have revise some packing though as I was assuming the weather was going to hold.

Anybody know if there are umbrellas to use in our rooms?

Blessings,

Stacy

No umbrellas in the room. Need to bring your own

Not sure about Pan Pacific and umbrellas, I know the Fairmont has them in the rooms. PP may have some in the lobby.

Stay dry up there today, the sun is supposed to come back out tomorrow for us!!!!!!!

One more day of work....

the super stretch will be in the driveway at 10am tomorrow morning.....see ya'll on board! :banana::dance3:

I'm sitting here at the Goofy pool watching my daughter swim which we are in port at Skagway. What an amazing cruise so far! I went to the DIS meet and everyone I have met from DIS boards are so nice. The fish extenders have been a cool treat, as well. Everyone is so thoughtful!!

We have finally arrived home. Awesome and amazing cruise. We enjoyed the FE gifts. It was like Christmas in August for the kids.

I have to share this now. Some of you may know that this cruise was a once in a life time cruise for us. Two years ago my sister and I decided to do something special for our husbands and book the Walt Suite. It ended up being one of the highlights for our entire family, all 18 of us. We could care less about the conceriege service, although Mike was very nice and having Palo in the cabin was okay. I think having dinner in Palo makes it a lot more special.

It was the size of the room and the fact that all 5 kids stayed in the one room in the cabin. There were 9 of us in there and we were never crowded. Most days there were 18 of us. The balcony was awesome for ALL of us to be on and enjoy while in Tracy Arm.

I wish we could book it again without conceriege. If you ever travel with a large group, I highly recommend booking the room so you have a gathering place (obviously cheaper to book everyone in their own cabins). This cabin made the trip extra specail for the grandkids because they all were able to stay together. Of course their parents liked their honeymoon status on the cruise as well:thumbsup2 No regrets about the price because in the end, we got our monies worth.

Maybe we will cruise together again sometime. I wish you all well.

Dee

We have finally arrived home. Awesome and amazing cruise. We enjoyed the FE gifts. It was like Christmas in August for the kids.

I have to share this now. Some of you may know that this cruise was a once in a life time cruise for us. Two years ago my sister and I decided to do something special for our husbands and book the Walt Suite. It ended up being one of the highlights for our entire family, all 18 of us. We could care less about the conceriege service, although Mike was very nice and having Palo in the cabin was okay. I think having dinner in Palo makes it a lot more special.

It was the size of the room and the fact that all 5 kids stayed in the one room in the cabin. There were 9 of us in there and we were never crowded. Most days there were 18 of us. The balcony was awesome for ALL of us to be on and enjoy while in Tracy Arm.

I wish we could book it again without conceriege. If you ever travel with a large group, I highly recommend booking the room so you have a gathering place (obviously cheaper to book everyone in their own cabins). This cabin made the trip extra specail for the grandkids because they all were able to stay together. Of course their parents liked their honeymoon status on the cruise as well:thumbsup2 No regrets about the price because in the end, we got our monies worth.

Maybe we will cruise together again sometime. I wish you all well.

Dee

Glad you made it home safely. We were on the bus with you guys after the cruise. And we also enjoyed the FE gifts. Very creative!

Thanks everyone - it was absolutely great. We never got over there to see the Walt suite, but we enjoyed talking to you and your family....we were looking for "butta" with the flip flops but must have missed it.:rotfl:

Could someone send thse Link to the 10/20/2012 Eastern on the Fantasy. I can,t seem to find it.

Nancy and I arrive back home around 11:30 last night. What a great 7 +days with our friends and fellow cruisers in Alaska.
I arrived home with a cold but other than that it's good to be back.

We arrived home about 10 last night.

So sad to be back at work and vacation over.

It was an amazing trip!!

Now waiting on a tropical storm sitting off the coast!! Rainy labor day here!!

Could someone send thse Link to the 10/20/2012 Eastern on the Fantasy. I can,t seem to find it.

Nancy and I arrive back home around 11:30 last night. What a great 7 +days with our friends and fellow cruisers in Alaska.
I arrived home with a cold but other than that it's good to be back.

We arrived home about 10 last night.

So sad to be back at work and vacation over.

It was an amazing trip!!

Now waiting on a tropical storm sitting off the coast!! Rainy labor day here!!

WELCOME BACK GUYS!!:grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter