"DCL Klondike Kruisers" - August 23, 2011 PART 2

mine and DD's shoes, whew does that stuff smell! Smells like turpentine. Hope that fades (the smell). I will probably end up doing DS and DH's too.

It should! I usually leave mine outside the first night to air out because that smell is vile.

Safe travels to everyone eaving n the new coupe of days!!

Thanks goslingl! We leave tomorrow morning! I'm not ready, of course, but that's ok.

mine and DD's shoes, whew does that stuff smell! Smells like turpentine. Hope that fades (the smell). I will probably end up doing DS and DH's too.

Ugh I need to do that, must try to see if DH can do it tomorrow so they can air out before packing on Sunday. I did my suede ones today but that stuff didn't really smell. Different product though.

OK, so I've tried on all my clothes to pack. The question is how to get them in the suitcase. Anyone having any luck with space bags?:confused3

I bought 3 of the space bags that you can vacuum or "roll". Not sure if the stateroom host(ess) has a vacuum with a hose that I would borrow Monday night:confused3. The vacuum takes 10 seconds vs the 20 minutes the other wasy will probably take. I am packing only my cruise stuff in them because we are doing 3 days in Vancouver before the cruise. For the record DH always complains that I, yes, I overpack. Well what'dya know? He needs two spacesaver bags to fit all his clothes in the suitcase. We are putting the space consuming jackets, jeans, sweatshirts in there plus other things we won't need the first 3 days.

It should! I usually leave mine outside the first night to air out because that smell is vile.

Ugh I need to do that, must try to see if DH can do it tomorrow so they can air out before packing on Sunday. I did my suede ones today but that stuff didn't really smell. Different product though.

no WAY those shoes are coming inside today! or tonight!

I bought 3 of the space bags that you can vacuum or "roll". Not sure if the stateroom host(ess) has a vacuum with a hose that I would borrow Monday night:confused3. The vacuum takes 10 seconds vs the 20 minutes the other wasy will probably take. I am packing only my cruise stuff in them because we are doing 3 days in Vancouver before the cruise. For the record DH always complains that I, yes, I overpack. Well what'dya know? He needs two spacesaver bags to fit all his clothes in the suitcase. We are putting the space consuming jackets, jeans, sweatshirts in there plus other things we won't need the first 3 days.

oh ya? Guess show suitcase is overflowing at our hosue? Yep it's DH. LOL!

just called a friend in Kelowna I hope to go visit after the cruise and got voicemail. Hope I hear back from her and didn't wait too long to call. (originally the stop was to visit a different friend who will be out of town with work)

I believe there's a couple of families/cruisers on here that geocache? I just came across this when exploring trolley stops in Stanley Park

Attention Geocachers!

The Klahowya Village is part of Route 4 "The Heritage Trails" of New Pathways to Gold's "Chasing the Butterfly" geocaching adventure into historic British Columbia.

Click here to learn more about "The Heritage Trails" and to download coordinates for the Klahowya Village in Stanley Park and the rest of
Route 4.

Here's the page <http://www.aboriginalbc.com/klahowya-village/>

We used to geocache! Been awhile, and of course it was pre-Isabelle. Not sure about finding a cache with a toddler in tow :confused: but how fun would it be? There were one or two on Castaway Cay also that I never got a chance to look for. I have no idea if they are still there....I bought DH a "travel bug" for a stocking stuffer one year and it's still on his desk. :rolleyes1

OK, so I've tried on all my clothes to pack. The question is how to get them in the suitcase. Anyone having any luck with space bags?:confused3

I have the roll or vacuum kind. Never used them for the trip up, though they would be great for ski jackets and pants and stuff I think. For our shorter cruises I used to bring one and use it as the "laundry bag" - stuff, roll and plonk back into the bag. It rolls up very easily, at first it seems like it's never going to work and then suddenly WHOOSH! My only caution about using them is that while you can fit more in the suitcase....it will still weigh the same. Just be sure to weigh your bags.

Did I mention I can't wait? :yay:

Bag 2/3 packed tonight - managed to get all of our formal and semi-formal wear (including Isabelle's) into our garment bag with approximately one square centimeter to spare....weighed in at just under 28 pounds. Tomorrow, I tackled mine and DH's bag. Prayers would be appreciated ;)

I'm sad to hear the Alaska pins are sold out! I guess I should have figured that would happen since we are cruising at the tail end of the season.

Me too! Last summer, we did the Med (embarked today a year ago in fact..) and there was a bunch of Baltic merchandise left over on sale. I'm figuring DCL decided to produce less as to not have so much leftover?

Does anyone know when we leave Vancouver? All I can locate at this last moment is what time we need to be onboard (4pm). Trying to locate what time we actually sail. Some family members might be coming down to Stanley Park to see us off.

Safe travels to everyone eaving n the new coupe of days!!

Good Morning all
Well the day we have been waiting for has arrived:cool1::cool1:.
Nancy and I will be leaving early this afternoon to start our first leg of our Trip. Stayin over night in the Hampton Inn doing a Park and Fly. We will be on our way tomorrow at 6:30 am on our way to Vancouver arriving at 12:30.
SAFE TRAVELS TO ALL
Labbe's and Goslings we will see to tomorrow when the fun begins

Good Morning all
Nancy and I will be leaving early this afternoon to start our first leg of our Trip. Stayin over night in the Hampton Inn doing a Park and Fly. We will be on our way tomorrow at 6:30 am on our way to Vancouver arriving at 12:30.
SAFE TRAVELS TO ALL

To quote a genius SEE YOU REAL SOON!!:woohoo:

KING MOUSE
344px-Mickey_Mouse_svg.png

SlideShowCruise200714.jpg

AS YOU SAID LEISHA :lovestruc:lovestrucSEE YOU REAL SOON:yay::yay::yay:

We used to geocache! Been awhile, and of course it was pre-Isabelle. Not sure about finding a cache with a toddler in tow :confused: but how fun would it be? There were one or two on Castaway Cay also that I never got a chance to look for. I have no idea if they are still there....I bought DH a "travel bug" for a stocking stuffer one year and it's still on his desk. :rolleyes1

Thanks for the heads up on Geocaching in Stanley Park! We are still planning to geocache in each port too, downloading our info tomorrow, can't wait!

See everyone real soon!
-Robyn, Rick & Laurel :yay:

Good Morning all
SAFE TRAVELS TO ALL

I am so excited!!! I am back from Orlando, laundry is going and suitcases are open and filling up quickly!!

OMG....it's really here... Done with work for 2 weeks, now it's laundry and packing....I'm so excited....the board is starting the get quiet...it's so wierd.

OMG....it's really here... Done with work for 2 weeks, now it's laundry and packing....I'm so excited....the board is starting the get quiet...it's so wierd.

So this will be my last post for now! We are up at 3:30 to leave the house by 4:30!!!!

Everyone have great travels and can't wait to see you all on our "wonder"ful trip to Alaska!!!! :sail:

Hello cruisers!!

First time DCL passengers coming on board to Alaska on Tuesday (4 sleeps ~ getting so excited ~ perhaps even nervous ~ after booking 18 months ago!!)

Quick intros ~ I'm Stacy and travelling with DH Dino and our 5 kidlets ~ DD Celina 12, DS Dario 9, DS Taddeo 5, DS Massimo 3, and DS Vincenzo 23 months.

They (hopefully) haven't figured out we're going!!! lol, it has been hard and so many close call slip ups!! I have been on my toes all week covering up stories and attempting to steer them the opposite direction. We SOOO want this to be a surprise and crossing fingers, it will work!!

I am on Cruise Critic and found lots of hints / tips but a very small roll call til I was searching FE's and it linked me here. Yeah ~ I just hope its not too late.

Anyhow, we live in Vancouver and for those who are arriving in town over the next few days and wish to meet for a coffee, tour, etc., please drop us a line ~ calogeroclan @ shaw.ca

Our details - main seating for dinner
- joining rooms ~ 2135 & 2137

If its not too late, we would love to hook up at the meet on Tuesday and be part of the FE Group. I am collecting goodies and know the kidlets will be ecstatic to "trick or treat" with other cruisers.

Only a few more sleeps... I can't wait!!!!!

With blessings,

Stacy & the Calogero Clan

Hello cruisers!!

First time DCL passengers coming on board to Alaska on Tuesday (4 sleeps ~ getting so excited ~ perhaps even nervous ~ after booking 18 months ago!!)

Quick intros ~ I'm Stacy and travelling with DH Dino and our 5 kidlets ~ DD Celina 12, DS Dario 9, DS Taddeo 5, DS Massimo 3, and DS Vincenzo 23 months.

They (hopefully) haven't figured out we're going!!! lol, it has been hard and so many close call slip ups!! I have been on my toes all week covering up stories and attempting to steer them the opposite direction. We SOOO want this to be a surprise and crossing fingers, it will work!!

I am on Cruise Critic and found lots of hints / tips but a very small roll call til I was searching FE's and it linked me here. Yeah ~ I just hope its not too late.

Anyhow, we live in Vancouver and for those who are arriving in town over the next few days and wish to meet for a coffee, tour, etc., please drop us a line ~ calogeroclan @ shaw.ca

Our details - main seating for dinner
- joining rooms ~ 2135 & 2137

If its not too late, we would love to hook up at the meet on Tuesday and be part of the FE Group. I am collecting goodies and know the kidlets will be ecstatic to "trick or treat" with other cruisers.

Only a few more sleeps... I can't wait!!!!!

With blessings,

Stacy & the Calogero Clan

It's never too late :goodvibes
Welcome and we will see you soon!

Hello!!

I have not had a full chance to scroll thru the 97 pages of posts but I did wish to quickly add a note (my apologies if it has been mentioned earlier).

We have cruised to Alaska 3 times ~ June 2009, June 2010 and June 2011 (yes, we have already been there this year ~ long story short ~ upgrade from 3 day repositioning due to overbooking ~ couldn't say no!!)

It is warmer than what is expected up there!! We have also packed our heavier jackets and accessories but rarely used them. Each trip we have actually gotten nicely tanned and even sunburned.

In all 3 stops, we didn't wear jackets!! At the glacier, it has been windy cruising up the fjord. Blankets and hot chocolate have been offered on other cruise lines. I am assuming the same here.

If I think of more, I will add and work on catching up on reading tonight!!

Blessings,

Stacy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter