DCL new mask policy on sailings from 3/11/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wearing a mask doesn’t bother me, But what I would rather see is bringing back the activities that cause crowds, such as the sail away and pirate night!
Also, I get that they linked it to not being vaccinated, but I’d love for the nursery to open or the under 5’s to be able to leave the ship.
For me, these things would enhance my experience more than taking off my mask.

Hopefully sometime soon this month we'll get an update on pre-cruise testing and if they'll remove the required at-port testing. Sounds like things are moving in the right direction. Fingers crossed!
That’s our hope too! We are on the April 16th fantasy and I very nervous about testing positive at the port. Hawaii who has been crazy strict are also doing away with their vaccine and covid policies so 🤞

Hopefully sometime soon this month we'll get an update on pre-cruise testing and if they'll remove the required at-port testing. Sounds like things are moving in the right direction. Fingers crossed!
Do I understand you correctly that you want to be on a cruise with passengers who are COVID positive and shedding the virus? As much as it sucks that we all have to be tested, the reason is to have a COVID-free cruise.

Do I understand you correctly that you want to be on a cruise with passengers who are COVID positive and shedding the virus? As much as it sucks that we all have to be tested, the reason is to have a COVID-free cruise.
I couldn't care less. There have been Covid-positive people around me at work and in public areas for the past year and a half. That's true for everyone who hasn't spent the last two years in hiding.

Still have to go to work, to the store, to the doctor, etc. despite the exposure to others who could be Covid positive. Might as well get to enjoy my vacation without massive amounts of stress added on by testing requirements, too.

Last edited:
BUT -- my question is why "Masks should also be worn in the cruise terminal during the boarding and disembarkation process." Just wondering the science/logic here when we will all be on the same ship...
I think someone already said this but it's probably due to the Federal transportation mask mandate still being in place. I'm not sure how the whole jurisdiction process works w/ cruise terminals but guessing they fall under the Federal mandate just like an airport would.

I don't so much care about the vaccine requirement for cruises, or even the testing part. I just wish they would add some flexibility to the testing in the way of pre-arrival testing. Almost all of the other major cruise lines allow for pre-arrival testing (2 or 3 days in advance depending on vaccination levels). I get that the at-the-port testing may catch a few more cases here and there, but if you look at the CDCs color coding for cruise lines, it's not like DCL ships are showing up way better off than the others, so I'm not sure it makes a marked difference.

I've probably just read too many horror stories of people getting denied boarding and am needlessly spooked as I'm sure the majority of times it's fine, but still, knowing before I left my house if I was cleared would be a HUGE stress reliever.

i would with not questions asked cruise tomorrow if masks,vaccine mandates and testing were gone and won’t be cruising till that happens.

I don't so much care about the vaccine requirement for cruises, or even the testing part. I just wish they would add some flexibility to the testing in the way of pre-arrival testing. Almost all of the other major cruise lines allow for pre-arrival testing (2 or 3 days in advance depending on vaccination levels). I get that the at-the-port testing may catch a few more cases here and there, but if you look at the CDCs color coding for cruise lines, it's not like DCL ships are showing up way better off than the others, so I'm not sure it makes a marked difference.

I've probably just read too many horror stories of people getting denied boarding and am needlessly spooked as I'm sure the majority of times it's fine, but still, knowing before I left my house if I was cleared would be a HUGE stress reliever.
I understand the anxiety of having your trip potentially canceled, but we cannot be intentionally ignorant of the reality that one can be exposed and contract COVID in the two to three days between being tested and embarkation. It sucks for those whose vacations are canceled, but I reiterate my question of would you want to be on a cruise with COVID positive passengers who are shedding the virus?

IBL.

I would love to see a pre-arrival testing option. All of us are vaxxed, boosted and recovered, but I’d be lying if I said there’s going to be zero anxiety about “what-ifs” on our 9-hour drive to PC.

I’d love to see self-serve and increased variety come back to Cabanas, too. I really, really don’t like cafeteria style.

Do you think you're not around Covid positive people on the airplane, at the grocery store, at your job? You're kidding yourself if you think you're not being exposed to Covid outside of your cruise, too.
You are helping me make my point. You are DEFINITELY around such people. This is the reason for testing people at the port to limit exposure while onboard.

I understand the anxiety of having your trip potentially canceled, but we cannot be intentionally ignorant of the reality that one can be exposed and contract COVID in the two to three days between being tested and embarkation. It sucks for those whose vacations are canceled, but I reiterate my question of would you want to be on a cruise with COVID positive passengers who are shedding the virus?
Don't want to de-rail this thread or get it shut down, but I will suggest you read my entire post where I reference the CDC monitoring of ships. This entire time, DCL has been on par (and in some cases worse) than the other ships when looking at the CDC color levels that track COVID cases/infection rates on the ships. If testing at the port was vastly superior and catching a significant amount of additional cases, then the cruise lines that aren't doing this (which is most other cruise lines including Carnival, RCL, etc) would have worse numbers. Surely, a few extra cases here and there are caught by at the port testing, but I would wager it is a statistically insignificant amount.

All that to say, I am 10000% fine with sailing on a cruise that does pre-arrival testing vs at the port testing and if Disney makes this switch before our cruise later this month I will jump for joy :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter