DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Hey dads, been lurking for awhile. Just got back from my second trip last week. Thought I'd stop in and be more active in the forums this time around.

:welcome: WELCOME TO THE DISDAD'S CLUB Jaymo911! :welcome:

You have been added to The Official DISDad Members List on Page 1, Posts 8 & 9!:thumbsup2

Your Official Member Number is #855!

To see where else you can find the DISDads on the internet, please check out Post 3 on Page One!

If you would like anything added to Page One about yourself, please send me a PM. FYI, I do not add anything to page one about you without your permission.​

Happy Tipsy Eve everyone from a sunny New Brunswick. Looks like we are in for a green Christmas around here, the rains melted all our snow. This afternoon
Zara and I are making cookies for Santa and Rum and Eggnog cheesecakes for Christmas dinner. Then a relaxing evening enjoying a few libations and a kitchen party. Hope everyone is well, enjoy the holidays.

Last edited:
Hey dads, been lurking for awhile. Just got back from my second trip last week. Thought I'd stop in and be more active in the forums this time around.

Welcome to the Club!

Afternoon chaps from a wintry London. Winter as in carppy weather rather than snow and stuff. Many things getting in the way of getting on here. Hopefully all is well with you guys, I'll check back in later. All the best guys

D

Great to hear from you Dan. You weren't out flying your drone again were you? ;)

Happy Tipsy Eve everyone from a sunny New Brunswick. Looks like we are in for a green Christmas around here, the rains melted all our snow. This afternoon
Zara and I are making cookies for Santa and Rum and Eggnog cheesecakes for Christmas dinner. Then a relaxing evening enjoying a few libation and a kitchen party. Hope everyone is well, enjoy the holidays.

Bit overcast with sunny breaks up this way but like you, I'm looking at a lot of green scenery.

Enjoy the kitchen party.

And hell week begins. Today is a day of baking and preparation, which I normally wouldn't mind, but it's outlaw visiting time. On Monday, I get two sets of outlaws with DW's continually fighting over the BIL for holiday time. Then, after 4 hours of round trip travel, we will go to Midnight Mass, return, sleep a while, get up and cook the turkey, and have another 4 hour round trip travel to my parents on Christmas day. I used to really like Christmas. Bah! Humbug. Get off my lawn!

DS and I went to see Aquaman this afternoon. I have always thought Aquaman was a lame superhero but this movie was well done. Mamoa is good in the role and visually the movie is amazing.

Going to skip that one until it finds its way to Netflix. Not sure I'll see Captain Marvel, but will probably do Endpoint.

Welcome. Where did you go? Stay? Dining?

Afternoon chaps from a wintry London. Winter as in carppy weather rather than snow and stuff. Many things getting in the way of getting on here. Hopefully all is well with you guys, I'll check back in later. All the best guys

D

Saw Man U obliterate Cardiff City and thought of you. Granted, it was Cardiff City, but the talent was just amazing to watch. Is this the 1/2 way point in the season? Should be a good one.

Zara and I are making cookies for Santa and Rum and Eggnog cheesecakes for Christmas dinner. Then a relaxing evening enjoying a few libation and a kitchen party. Hope everyone is well, enjoy the holidays.

Yes, breaking bread today will be fun, but it's knowing what's in store the next two days will make it extra painful. Enjoy the baking and the drinking.

Great to hear from you Dan. You weren't out flying your drone again were you? ;)

:rotfl:Hey Darcy mate, hope you're not snowed under yet.

All I wanted was a little footage of a plane taking off for my vacation video, and it seems to have caused a little bit of disruption :confused3

Is this the 1/2 way point in the season?
Sort of. We all play about 4 fixtures in 10 days , so this makes or breaks seasons. Those in the relegation places either start to pull themselves out of it, or its normally curtains. Hope you are all good over there in Bourbon central. I have some of your forefathers stuff for Xmas day, so looking forward to that. Is the knee holding up? I played 3 matches this week. I won 2, and the fitness killed me on the last one.

:rotfl:Hey Darcy mate, hope you're not snowed under yet.

Not much snow at all, lots of rain and warm weather over the last couple of days took care of that This was taken about 20 minutes ago on my backyard.

44616209790_8718f792c0_c.jpg

:welcome: To the club!

D

Looks like we are in for a green Christmas around here, the rains melted all our snow.

We just had a fairly good dumping of snow yesterday/last night. I've shoveled the driveway 3 times so far and have to again right now.
But... I don't mind. Pretty. Nice for Christmas.

Today is a day of baking and preparation, which I normally wouldn't mind, but it's outlaw visiting time.

Baking for me too. Sorry about the outlaws. I don't have any anymore. Her folks have passed and she doesn't speak to her brother, so...

Very nice. Time and temperature? I'd smoke it over something fruity like apple wood. Bambi BBQ.

Then a relaxing evening enjoying a few libation and a kitchen party.
Nice. Just go on easy on the egg nog there, fella. It looks way worse coming back up.
Welcome! Where did ya stay? On property? Off? Any good meals?

Tomorrow is my birthday, so Mary Poppins in the morning (who doesn't want to see Emily Blunt in a corset, even if there's a dress over it) and late lunch, and then a few over for beers later in the evening before we do the whole Santa thing with the kids. Nice to see NORAD are still doing the tracker despite the shutdown.

We just had a fairly good dumping of snow yesterday/last night. I've shoveled the driveway 3 times so far and have to again right now.
But... I don't mind. Pretty. Nice for Christmas.

Better you than me my Friend.

Very nice. Time and temperature? I'd smoke it over something fruity like apple wood. Bambi BBQ.

That was around 11 am and the temp was about 0. Last couple of days we had rain and temps around 10 to 15.

Bread in for first proof. I have a good challah bread recipe. Works well for Christmas - Jesus was a Jew. :scared1: :lmao:

On the gift giving department, since I posted about our army of 15 nutcrackers. I found a Russian nesting doll with 5 in it, so now we have 20, and I don't have a lot of extra junk. It arrived in the mail today which is weird, as I didn't realize the mail runs on Sunday. Apparently, it's a new thing during the season.

Sort of. We all play about 4 fixtures in 10 days , so this makes or breaks seasons. Those in the relegation places either start to pull themselves out of it, or its normally curtains. Hope you are all good over there in Bourbon central. I have some of your forefathers stuff for Xmas day, so looking forward to that. Is the knee holding up? I played 3 matches this week. I won 2, and the fitness killed me on the last one.

Knees holding up, but now it's the back. I was back to 3 days a week and managing. Now, I use a massaging/ heating pad on the back all week and play on Saturday mornings. Hopefully, it will recover.

Baking for me too. Sorry about the outlaws. I don't have any anymore. Her folks have passed and she doesn't speak to her brother, so...

Oh, she doesn't talk with her family often - once a month would be excessive - despite them living in a 5 mile radius. And, with the divorce, that is once per month combined with all three households. However, we must ruin Christmas and Easter and birthdays by wasting those holidays with them.

Tomorrow is my birthday, so Mary Poppins in the morning (who doesn't want to see Emily Blunt in a corset, even if there's a dress over it) and late lunch, and then a few over for beers later in the evening before we do the whole Santa thing with the kids. Nice to see NORAD are still doing the tracker despite the shutdown.

Early happy birthday. Even with the government shut down and a $trillion in debt, we have money to spend on Santa.

Happy early birthday. And I'll watch Emily Blunt wear anything, or nothing. :lmao:

I heard that when the original IP owner of Mary Poppins saw Disney's version in that first movie, she prohibited a sequel until after her death. And, she died, so now it's sequel time.

Watching National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation and drinking rum and Pepsi this evening. Not a bad way to spend this lovely Tibb’s Eve.

Happy Tipsy Eve everyone from a sunny New Brunswick
Do you fine gentlemen in New Brunswick refer to tonight (23rd) as Tibb’s Eve or is that a Newfoundland thing?

Nice one.
Maybe that’s where Dan’s been

I used to really like Christmas. Bah! Humbug. Get off my lawn!
Sorry you aren’t looking forward to family time. It’s not always easy. I visited my in laws today but I get along with them fairly well. Christmas Day will be with my parents, DW and my father don’t get along that well but we manage.

Do you fine gentlemen in New Brunswick refer to tonight (23rd) as Tibb’s Eve or is that a Newfoundland thing?
The fine gentlemen...:lmao::lmao::lmao:. My wife is from Port aux Basque, so we have partaken in tipsy eve for 30 years now, although we put Coke in our London Dock Rum :rotfl2:. Tipsy eve has caught on around here, but it was imported from NFLD, Cheers.:drinking1:drinking1:drinking1:drinking1

Watching National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation and drinking rum and Pepsi this evening. Not a bad way to spend this lovely Tibb’s Eve.

I'm watching that other great Christmas standard, John Wick.

Never heard of that around this part of NB.

I did just get home from our Sunday night "soccer" league at the pub. I've got 3 games in so far this season so I'm in the running for rookie of the year.

Welcome. Where did you go? Stay? Dining?

Welcome! Where did ya stay? On property? Off? Any good meals?

We (DW, DD6, DS16, Monster inlaw) stayed in the bubble at AoA, Lion King suite from Dec 8-15. QS Free Dining, so the food was stilling better then my days in the Marines. The choclate - hazelnut tart from Woody's in DHS was so amazing, it still makes my mouth water. We splurged one night at Whispering Canyon. Antics were held in check, due to carolers in the lobby. Most rides were like the old domino's 30 minutes or less.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter