DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Happy Friday from load management capital city.

We are leaving from Port Everglades and have stops in St Maarten, San Juan, Tortola and Grand Turk. It's a mini DisDads cruise with the Chief and Brian Blatt joining in with their better looking significant others.

Sounds like a fun route. DW has mentionned Grand Turk and St. Maarten too.

Interesting couple of days. Went into work Wednesday AM to find out we have been quarantined and had no internet access and couldn't even print because the printer was networked to everything. No big deal for me as I had field work I could do. Today the situation became clearer. After out local IT guy, nice guy and more qualified than I am but that isn't saying anything, spent all day Wed with 2 folks from the main Ivory Tower only to find out that the folks in the big city had shut us down and not bothered to tell us or even the other folks in their office. We had a couple of computers still running "Windows 7 which is verboten!" Now since they have already shut us down they are going to make an example out of us and all computers must be continually on and logged into through the main campus. We figure at 2 hours per computer if our local guy knows how to do it, it should only take a little over a week to get reconnected to the rest of the world. :rotfl2::rotfl2:It is an inconvenience for me as I have to drag files back and forth to the laptop and work from my recliner when I feel like it but I have plenty of field work to do as well. The folks who really take a beating are the financial folks and administrative people. They aren't allowed to put files on laptops as they deal with a lot of confidential information so for two days they haven't been able to do anything. Guess they will have to get paid for staying home until all this is resolved. As appealing as it sounds it just means they get further behind and everyone that is depending on them is SOL.

Add in an interesting girls HS BBall came last night and I am ready for some peace and quiet. We were playing a school we have a history with, away. and before our girls even left for the game Coach told them they would have to dominate because the refs are biased. And they were. Their center got a technical for a flagrant shove in the back of our center and two minutes later she tried to put a knee into our leading guard that wasn't even called. She should have been ejected and forced to sit the next two games but it was ignored. That was just a small example of how we were playing against 5+ on the court. Thankfully we pulled it out and even more important than our winning was handing them a loss on their last home game of the season despite the unfair conditions. Happy Friday Eve.

If only your employer had NCAA Division I basketball and football money, then they maybe could afford new computers.

Congrats to dd and the local HS team. Those wins always feel better.

Let it never be said that you don't get what you pay for here.

That is worthy of being our new motto.

He's a fancy guy, I mean look at the hat he wears.

Mike's a Tennessee fashionista.

Oooohhh.....a cabana.......that's Fancy!
Well a cabana is nice but not quite an iPhone 11........pro.........max :) I'll also try not to rub it in too much with pics like these if we do get a cabana

475462 475463 475464

He's a fancy guy, I mean look at the hat he wears.
Hey hey now, don't be trash talking my Irish flat cap. Not like Canadians are fashionable in their attire........8-)

We are leaving from Port Everglades and have stops in St Maarten, San Juan, Tortola and Grand Turk. It's a mini DisDads cruise with the Chief and Brian Blatt joining in with their better looking significant others.
Tortola has a pier park right on the dock, like a shopping center. Aromas Cigar and Martini bar is great even the guys don't want a cigar. Its on the second story and sit outside there as it has a great view.

Tortola has a pier park right on the dock, like a shopping center. Aromas Cigar and Martini bar is great even the guys don't want a cigar. Its on the second story and sit outside there as it has a great view.

We are headed to the Baths with Brian and his wife that day while I believe Randall and Jodie are headed to Jost Van Dyke. We should have some time to look around in that area though.

We are headed to the Baths with Brian and his wife that day while I believe Randall and Jodie are headed to Jost Van Dyke. We should have some time to look around in that area though.

Oh....and another thing......obviously Randall and Jodi are the smart ones here.....and evidently this Jost Van Dyke guy must have all the rum or something.......or they just didn't want to take a bath with Brian - one of the two. :rotfl2:

When I first read that, I thought you were talking about the coronavirus! :eek:

:sad2:
I presume the refs are related to the home team somehow? And... you'd think they'd get unbiased refs?????
Top O the Mornin Dads! 3 hour driving day again for me to our other facility but I have good team here and it does get me away from the corporate office BS. Just looking forward to getting to tomorrow as that will the 14 day mark for next trip to DaWorld and the 120 day mark for our DCL cruise and I will find out if I got the Cabana reservations we wanted at Castaway Cay. Other than that and heading out to our favorite date night bar / restaurant tomorrow night just relaxing this weekend. Enjoy gentlemen!

Sounds like a ladies version of Hoosiers. Great movie and glad your girls won.
Let it never be said that you don't get what you pay for here.

Nice to see that the overlords are giving you the quality tools you need to do your job!

When all is said and done, they overcame and prevailed. Nice!
Happy Friday from load management capital city.

Sounds like a fun route. DW has mentionned Grand Turk and St. Maarten too.

If only your employer had NCAA Division I basketball and football money, then they maybe could afford new computers.

Congrats to dd and the local HS team. Those wins always feel better.

That is worthy of being our new motto.

Mike's a Tennessee fashionista.
Thanks guys. Living in Appalachia it is tough to find refs who aren't related to someone so those wins feel good. District tournament next week. In positive news the quarantine was lifted. They decided to use us as guinea pigs for some new 3rd party computer protection software. Not like they don't already have a whole department that is supposed to be doing that.🙄

Morning, Gents!

Well, everything went well. Dropped the Mrs. off at 6:30 am at the hospital and waited with her until they took her in to surgery. I then, on her urging, I went to work, something I would have done anyways. There's no reason for me to sit around the hospital for hours getting nervous, so I kept myself busy. I did, however, leave at noon and went straight there to check up on her. By that point she was in recovery, still out of it, but she was doing well. Went home for a couple of hours and then went back to check in on her after she got moved into a room. She was still fairly groggy for most of the day, but I was able to carry on a conversation for a while. Unfortunately I got sick Wednesday night, so I called in sick the half-day I was going to do at work, and slept all day. I did manage to call my wife a few times and talked to her, but there was no reason for me to show up to the hospital sick and get everyone else infected...I felt horrible, but what was I to do. My mother-in-law and daughter went to visit Thursday afternoon, so that helped to cheer her up. Felt great Friday morning, so I got up and headed over to the hospital to find out they were going to release my wife that morning. Good thing I showed up. By noon we were home and she was in bed resting. Now for the long road to recovery. Thanks for all the prayers and thoughts, everyone.

Wishing your wife the best for a quick recovery.

Thanks, man, appreciate it.

Sending good vibes your way.

Thanks!

Appreciate it!
QUOTE="Captain_Oblivious, post: 61576522, member: 217344"]
Wow, that's awesome! If she can graduate without debt, she'll be in such great shape. That's my dream for my daughter but it's going to be a struggle.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I graduated with a ton of debt, like most people, and will be paying it off for years to come.

Great! Hope the procedure goes well and she recovers quickly.

Thanks, it went really well. She's home now and resting.

I just want to say good luck. We're all counting on you.

Thanks. I did go to the HR Walk-in event, and while I didn't walk out of there wit a job, don't think that was going to happen anyways, I did walk out with information. I'm currently enrolled in a medical terminology course, and if I can finish the course it'll open up so many more rolls for me within the healthcare industry. So, I now have a ton of incentive to finish this course.

Good luck to both of you.

Thanks. The Mrs. is doing well and is now at home resting.

Good luck with everything today, all the best to the Mrs

Thanks! All went well and the Mrs. is now at home resting.

Well, thank goodness for that!

Thanks. As I mentioned above, I didn't walk out with a job, don't think that was the point of that, but more along the lines of getting the resume to the right people, but I did walk out with information and someone having seen my resume and someone I talked to. So I feel confident.

Keep staying on her good side. Just saying...

Oh, yes. I will definitely stay on her good side.

Thoughts and prayers for a routine surgery and speedy recovery.

Thanks, man, appreciate it. All went well and she's now home resting.

So the training was more classroom than practical training, but I'm now trained. And even though the training is only good for my current job, I can say that I've been trained.

Well... yeah. We all do.

:thumbsup2

Good luck!

Don't think I came out with a job, but having finally spoken with someone at Cape Cod Healthcare, I now have answers and a path to take.

That's how it works... :sad2:

And it's annoying.

I think everyone here is pretty trustworthy. Well, everyone except @Captain_Oblivious … but he doesn't have points anyways.

:rotfl2:

Right?! I can't believe the stuff I was tossing out.

I remember those days at the grocery store. What are the odds that so much product was damaged and ended up in the trunk of car? I did try to help them lower their trash footprint. :lmao:

Funny you should mention that, because I was also trying to help them lower their trash footprint. :rotfl:

Good Morning Gents!

About to go get kiddos on the bus... -7F here.. Ugh. Normally I find those who drive their kids to the bus stop, and wait in the car, a bit.. wimpy.. But this morning, I am going to be wimping out with them... Car is running, warming up right now, and about to pile in and drive to the end of the drive for the bus.

Yeah...-7? I'd drive the kiddo to the bus stop as well. That's cold.

Morning All,

One week from today I will be getting ready to head south for a nice 8 day cruise. Since today and tomorrow have windchill warnings of between -25 and -30 Celsius I can't wait to start this trip! To help with the conversion that's about -15 to -10 Fahrenheit.

Work is busy enough that the next few days should fly by.

Stay warm all and have a great Thursday.

Nice! Have fun on your cruise. I'll never take a cruise, though I want to. The wife, the daughter of a sea captain, gets sea sick too much and refuses to go on one. I told her the more she does it, the less she'll get sick, but nope. She won't go.

And what was supposed to be a simple "get the kids on the bus" turned into a slight ordeal. Get to the bus stop, sitting there, and I realize my older son, has NO HAT OR GLOVES. REALLY!?!?!? Did you not feel how quickly the snot in your nose was frozen solid on our 30' walk to the car this morning? Several scolding irritated phrases were said to my son. So we turn around, go home, get the hat and gloves, turn back, drive out, and just barely made the bus.

Bus pulls up, we hop out of the car, as the kids are getting on the bus, the driver (who we've gotten to know over the years) says "Mark.. its freezing outside... where is your hat???" Older son turns to me, and gives me "a look" :blush:

:rotfl2:

Interesting couple of days. Went into work Wednesday AM to find out we have been quarantined and had no internet access and couldn't even print because the printer was networked to everything. No big deal for me as I had field work I could do. Today the situation became clearer. After out local IT guy, nice guy and more qualified than I am but that isn't saying anything, spent all day Wed with 2 folks from the main Ivory Tower only to find out that the folks in the big city had shut us down and not bothered to tell us or even the other folks in their office. We had a couple of computers still running "Windows 7 which is verboten!" Now since they have already shut us down they are going to make an example out of us and all computers must be continually on and logged into through the main campus. We figure at 2 hours per computer if our local guy knows how to do it, it should only take a little over a week to get reconnected to the rest of the world. :rotfl2::rotfl2:It is an inconvenience for me as I have to drag files back and forth to the laptop and work from my recliner when I feel like it but I have plenty of field work to do as well. The folks who really take a beating are the financial folks and administrative people. They aren't allowed to put files on laptops as they deal with a lot of confidential information so for two days they haven't been able to do anything. Guess they will have to get paid for staying home until all this is resolved. As appealing as it sounds it just means they get further behind and everyone that is depending on them is SOL.

Add in an interesting girls HS BBall came last night and I am ready for some peace and quiet. We were playing a school we have a history with, away. and before our girls even left for the game Coach told them they would have to dominate because the refs are biased. And they were. Their center got a technical for a flagrant shove in the back of our center and two minutes later she tried to put a knee into our leading guard that wasn't even called. She should have been ejected and forced to sit the next two games but it was ignored. That was just a small example of how we were playing against 5+ on the court. Thankfully we pulled it out and even more important than our winning was handing them a loss on their last home game of the season despite the unfair conditions. Happy Friday Eve.

I'd complain over this...especially if you have video proving the foul. It won't change the outcome of the game, but it'll show the refs are biased and maybe get some changes started.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter