• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Morning, folks.
In just a few hours, I'll be starting what is likely my very last 16hr shift. (As of April 1, no one can work more than 12 hours except in extraordinary circumstances.)

The usual is me staring at the tv screen...
Oh, of course. That's totally different.
Ol' BoJo is addressing the nation this evening, I doubt it's to tell us all what a great job we've been doing on keeping us apart. Cue the next wave of panic buying.
So? What'd he say?
on the plus side (literally) , Disney+ launches tomorrow.
Nice. Pretty sure you'll enjoy that. Enjoy The Mandalorian!
Yep, I'm in (virtually) I'm playing the "No, you can't afford that" role at work today, which is always fun.
I think most can't afford much of anything right now.
Working on a Dam repair job.
That sounds like dam work to me.
It could be higher, I understand the test results are taking 5 - 8 business day...
I've heard a couple of times where cases have spiked once they start testing.
:lmao:
So today's restaurant is from Mexico, and the kids have named it....
I like it. :thumbsup2

Last edited:
Morning, Dads! Hope all is well with everyone today. Well, I was extremely irritated (I want to say something else, but this is a family friendly site) yesterday when I got to work. I was supposed to work in purchasing yesterday, but instead the two guys who work in the warehouse called out sick, so I'll give you one guess as to where I wound up working. To say I was mad was an understatement. I know what happened: One guy called out legitimately, his wife has been sick and has had to take her to the hospital several times. The other guy is a, well...slacker who likes to call out sick on Fridays and Mondays. Since he was at work on Friday, and had to work really hard with all the shipping we had to do, he called out yesterday. This is getting old. I'm supposed to be working in purchasing, supposed to have been doing it three weeks ago, but I keep getting pulled into the stockroom/warehouse area. If I had other options, I'd quit, but I can't, so I just show up to work, pissed, and work in my own little bubble and stay away from people as best I can.

Sounds promising though.
Sounds like the Saturday get-together was pretty good too, despite the restrictions.

Still in the warehouse today. I'm getting tired of this, but, as a friend of mine points out: "But you're working." Yes, I'm working, but I don't have to like it. *sticks tongue out at the world then crawls back into my blanket fort "No girls allowed!"*

We'll be sure to post the link here for the Zoom meeting/drinking from Facebook next time. :surfweb:

That'd be awesome!

So now you want to know if I'm working or not... normally you guys get mad when I say I'm not working... 😉

We have to have to have something to do. :P

Morning all,

Well the commute this morning was hell, freaking cat kept jumping out in front of me, had too many stops and starts.

Have a good one all!

I hate when that happens.

Disney+ launches tomorrow.

The Mandalorian and Imagineering Story are well worth the time.

Working on a Dam repair job.

Do you have to fix the dam wall or the dam pipes? Give yourself time to go to the dam restroom.

So we have shrimp and steak burritos for dinner, with a Mexican soundtrack and interesting facts from Mexico by the kids.

I would totally eat at Burritos Doritos. Not sure if any of you would ride in a car with me afterwards.

In just a few hours, I'll be starting what is likely my very last 16hr shift. (As of April 1, no one can work more than 12 hours except in extraordinary circumstances.)

That's...actually a good thing.

That sounds like dam work to me.

All these dam jokes!

Well, I was extremely irritated (I want to say something else, but this is a family friendly site)
Oh, no. It's actually allowed to say "I was particularly peeved."
I was supposed to work in purchasing yesterday, but instead the two guys who work in the warehouse called out sick, so I'll give you one guess as to where I wound up working.
The zoo? That'd be cool.

Did I guess right? What do I win?
The other guy is a, well...slacker who likes to call out sick on Fridays and Mondays.
:sad2:
Still in the warehouse today. I'm getting tired of this, but, as a friend of mine points out: "But you're working."
::yes::
Many aren't, right now.
*sticks tongue out at the world then crawls back into my blanket fort "No girls allowed!"*
Yes! I forgot the Imagineering Story. Those were good!
I would totally eat at Burritos Doritos. Not sure if any of you would ride in a car with me afterwards.
I would. As long as you were in the trunk... or maybe (maybe!) the back seat with all the windows rolled down.
That's...actually a good thing.
Not too broken up about it.
I wish there were some beavers around, then I could stay home.
The dam hole, I may need some more fingers to plug this.
Holy crap! Um... sorry... Dam! How do you fix that???

Morning guys from a sunny and fresh London. Done a run, taught some kids, did some work, made a ham.....
The day is only half over.

That'd be awesome!
I am up for that.
The dam hole, I may need some more fingers to plug this
That's what she said.
but instead the two guys who work in the warehouse called out sick, so I'll give you one guess as to where I wound up working
A speakeasy in Downtown Berlin? What do I win?
Cheers mate, started on both. Very good.
'll be starting what is likely my very last 16hr shift. (As of April 1, no one can work more than 12 hours except in extraordinary circumstances.)
I'd take that as a win.

Morning, Gents! Well, my life just got a bit more complicated. I came into work this morning to my new supervisor telling me that we need to talk (never a good sign). "Ok," I said, so we headed to his office where he had me close the door...yeah, this doesn't look good. He proceeds to tell me that because of the hiring freeze, my position in purchasing, which was supposed to go on for a while while they looked at candidates, is now going to be filled with a temp who can do purchasing. So if they can get someone in here next week that can do the job, I'll be out of a job next week. Right now, there are not candidates coming forward, so I'm hopeful that I can last another couple of weeks, but that could change any minute. So now I'm ratcheting up my job finding gears and putting feelers out there to all my friends and contacts. Hopefully something will come up.

Oh, no. It's actually allowed to say "I was particularly peeved."

Oh it is?! Then i was particularly peeved! >:( 😁

The zoo? That'd be cool.

Did I guess right? What do I win?

THAT'S IT! I was working at the zoo. And for your correct guess, you'll get a Mickey Bar/ice cream-thingy....or a beer! 😁

Yeah, it's really annoying.

::yes::
Many aren't, right now.

That's why I'm trying not to complain too much.

:laughing:🤣🤣

Yes! I forgot the Imagineering Story. Those were good!

I've watched that Imagineering story, very interesting.

A clean beaver. Mmmm

I am up for that.

:thumbsup2

That's what she said.

🤣

A speakeasy in Downtown Berlin? What do I win?

The same as pkondz, either a Mickey Bar/ice cream-thingy....or a beer! 😁

Morning, Gents! Well, my life just got a bit more complicated. I came into work this morning to my new supervisor telling me that we need to talk (never a good sign). "Ok," I said, so we headed to his office where he had me close the door...yeah, this doesn't look good. He proceeds to tell me that because of the hiring freeze, my position in purchasing, which was supposed to go on for a while while they looked at candidates, is now going to be filled with a temp who can do purchasing. So if they can get someone in here next week that can do the job, I'll be out of a job next week. Right now, there are not candidates coming forward, so I'm hopeful that I can last another couple of weeks, but that could change any minute. So now I'm ratcheting up my job finding gears and putting feelers out there to all my friends and contacts. Hopefully something will come up.

I think I speak for all the Dads and say that your boss is a tool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter