DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Good good morning all.

Finally after getting some decent restful sleep yesterday after a long painful day on graveyard, wife wakes me up and says she wants to paint the kitchen (which means she will help for a half hour). So after struggles of getting up, and a couple hours of moving kitchen items, taping, and painting, hey half the kitchen is done! Slept like crap last night, so with wife still sleeping, I got some work done on a few spots on the walls that needed spackle, finished taping off spots I missed, and we are ready to paint again after my Chiropractor appointment today.

When wife gets into these nesting phases, so goes all out!

Here is to hoping I can get a couple of my projects done today or tomorrow!

Afternoon chaps from a Sunny but cold London. Did a little run with the boy this morning, over to the next town to get some good French bread and the kids had croissants and chocolate twists. Finished the coaster, so they are now playing with that. One more conference call and that's me done for the day. I'm technically on vacation for the next 2 weeks, as this was our Cali trip, and Lego (fairly) have said we can't cancel any holidays as everyone will be backed up into the end of the year. So Lord only knows what I'm gonna 2 for weeks in the house without being able to go out.
I feel another raid on the LEGO website coming on. I keep telling Lady K it's this or I start doing up an old Porsche.
taking tums
I can't read this without the "Tum tumtum tum tums" jingle in my head. I really spend too much too much time in the States. Tums aren't even available over here.
Sorry about the lack of shuteye mate, have a cheeky nap. Join one of my conference calls if you like, you'll probably input more than others if you sleep all the way through. You'll definitely say less stoopid stuff.
Dam good work there!
Dam nice of you to say so.

(We are really getting some mileage out of this one)
. So after struggles of getting up, and a couple hours of moving kitchen items, taping, and painting
Taping is the key to any good paint job. Nice work. Its funny seeing spackle, as I have to re-write scopes from my English to yours, I basically have a English to American glossary of construction words that I built myself, otherwise no-one knows what the fizzle I'm talking about.

Wow that's almost like being in a coma... you've missed alot
But tired...
Sorry, man. That's no fun. Hope you can take a nap today and get caught up.
I did. I was getting sleepy so took advantage. Got about 3.5 more hours. Phew.
yucky morning here today, snow flurries and rain. Good day to stay inside.
Keep that nonsense over there!
Pkondz - go count some sheep or something.
I did... but the dog kept barking at them. Switched to dog catchers. That worked.

Finally after getting some decent restful sleep yesterday after a long painful day on graveyard, wife wakes me up and says she wants to paint the kitchen (which means she will help for a half hour).
Ah yes. The old bait and switch.
over to the next town to get some good French bread and the kids had croissants and chocolate twists.
Sounds good!
Finished the coaster, so they are now playing with that.
Pics?
I'm technically on vacation for the next 2 weeks, as this was our Cali trip, and Lego (fairly) have said we can't cancel any holidays as everyone will be backed up into the end of the year.
Yeah I can see that. I canceled my May vacation, but... it would have seen canceled anyways.
I can't read this without the "Tum tumtum tum tums" jingle in my head.
:laughing:
Sorry about the lack of shuteye mate, have a cheeky nap.
Did. ::yes::
Its funny seeing spackle, as I have to re-write scopes from my English to yours, I basically have a English to American glossary of construction words that I built myself, otherwise no-one knows what the fizzle I'm talking about.
So... what would you call it? Putty?

Hello Boys! Hope all are staying safe booth physically and mentally. I'm splitting time now between work from home and in the office. And when I go into the office it's more to touch base with warehouse team, check on what they need and to coordinate shift and hour changes on the fly. Have a good one gents!
Morning gents...

So the day after my first day of trying to run. Let's see... Achilles hurts, thighs hurt, back hurts.
Is that good or bad?
I must admit to being worried about the back. Kind of good news, bad news. It hurts because muscles are getting used... which is good because that will help strengthen it and hopefully keep me from throwing it out. Then again... when my back muscles get overused is when I do throw it out.
May consider walking at a good pace to start up first. I've been told that with my history of joint injuries and age the pounding of running is not good but walking is great.
Good news on my co-worker. Turns out the potential brain tumor was "just" an infection from his sinuses. Lost sight in one eye that may or may not come back but still better than it could have been. Just another reminder to get to your medical provider if you need to. Ignoring infections is never a good idea.
Glad you got good news on that,
Dam good work there!
You mean "Good DAM work there"?
(figured we get another mile out of this one)

Morning, folks.
How's everyone doing?

Had a crappy night last night. Had heartburn and despite taking tums, it didn't ease off until midnight. Fell asleep pretty much right away, but one of the kids was up at 1am and made some noise. Woke me a bit, but... That noise got one dog up. That dog woke the other dog. They woke the Mrs. She got up, which got me pretty much awake and then the heartburn kicked in again.

Ah well... one hour of sleep is plenty, isn't it?

Hoping to get some rest tonight. It's my last night I can before working the next four midnight shifts.
praying

Good good morning all.

Finally after getting some decent restful sleep yesterday after a long painful day on graveyard, wife wakes me up and says she wants to paint the kitchen (which means she will help for a half hour). So after struggles of getting up, and a couple hours of moving kitchen items, taping, and painting, hey half the kitchen is done! Slept like crap last night, so with wife still sleeping, I got some work done on a few spots on the walls that needed spackle, finished taping off spots I missed, and we are ready to paint again after my Chiropractor appointment today.

When wife gets into these nesting phases, so goes all out!

Here is to hoping I can get a couple of my projects done today or tomorrow!
praying

Hello Boys! Hope all are staying safe booth physically and mentally. I'm splitting time now between work from home and in the office. And when I go into the office it's more to touch base with warehouse team, check on what they need and to coordinate shift and hour changes on the fly. Have a good one gents!

Don't forget to practice social distancing...
15 Introvert Jokes About Social Distancing To Enjoy All By Yourself

Second run done. Still a bit sore from the first one, but went anyway. Felt a bit easier, so think that’s good. Even finished at a faster pace, leaving DD in my dust.

Hope all are staying safe booth physically and mentally.
What a crazy concept.
May consider walking at a good pace to start up first.
That’s part of it. 5 minutes walking before running.
I've been told that with my history of joint injuries and age the pounding of running is not good but walking is great.
I’m aware of my age and health I figured I’d try, but if it starts affecting me negatively (other than sore muscles) I’ll stop.
Bet they call it mud, eh.
Oh! Right
Just wrapped up a Zoom webinar. More attendees then I ever get in my face-to-face meetings and I didn't have to travel. Funny how it takes a crisis to point out the obvious to Adminstration.
:rolleyes:

The Dam repair is done, the customer said we did a dam fine job.
Dam good job

What? Everyone else is doing the dam thing.

So... what would you call it? Putty?
Polyfilla or Filler.
Putty goes in windows.
Bet they call it mud, eh.
Nah mate, we were living in brick when you lot were bothering buffalo ;)

Second run done. Still a bit sore from the first one, but went anyway. Felt a bit easier, so think that’s good. Even finished at a faster pace, leaving DD in my dust.
Nice! It does get easier, if you give it a couple of weeks you wont believe how quick you adapt. And runners high is amazing

Even finished at a faster pace, leaving DD in my dust.

That's the important part, right there.

What? Everyone else is doing the dam thing.

Because it never gets old! :thumbsup2

And runners high is amazing

The only runner's high I've ever experienced was a glorious sense of, "Thank God that's over!"

Too much coffee too late in the day, weather front moving through, and the cat was chasing a mouse for the last hour. Going to be a long day today.

Sounds like you and @pkondz can start hanging out in the wee hours.

Morning, gents.
Spent a few minutes this morning buying bottom of the barrel price stocks.
I could be wrong, but I suspect this current situation will end at some point (weeks? Months? Years?? ) and stocks will start going up again. Hope I'm right.
I did the same thing last week and a couple have already doubled in price (well except maybe not after yesterday) and others up 30/40/50%. I wish I had more money laying around to buy even more, but did what I could.

Whelp... I hate running. Always have. I was the fastest in my grade 12 class (about... 200 students?), but never liked anything longer than 100m.

Told the kid (DD22) that I'd download the C25K app and we'd start today... God help me.
I hate running ever since I broke my back...literally hurts to run (jog). Tell the kid (DD22) I said good job in tormenting the old man. :duck:

I got news that my niece was recently traveling in Europe, returned home to California through crowded airports and now has COVID-19. She is not hospitalized, and they're calling it a "moderate" case, but it still doesn't sound like a walk in the park. She's having episodes of shortness of breath that sound very scary. Praying it gets better soon.
Sorry to hear that. We have a friend back in GA who was sick for a long time before he was allowed to be tested. Been in the ICU for over a week now on ventilator and ECMO (basically, oxygenating the blood by removing it, adding oxygen and putting it back) and the Dr said yesterday, if he doesn't show improvement in next 24 hours, they're pulling the plug. His wife and son also have it. It's more real when it's someone you know vs. just stats on a page. :sad:

've always preferred the molasses or tomato-based sauce to the vinegar or mustard.
::yes::

I'm not normally a rib guy (usually too much work and too much mess for not enough meat)
This!
Same reason I'm not a big wing fan.

Ah well... one hour of sleep is plenty, isn't it?
For you, that's sleeping in, isn't it? :lmao:
Seriously, sorry man. That stinks.

One more conference call and that's me done for the day. I'm technically on vacation for the next 2 weeks, as this was our Cali trip, and Lego (fairly) have said we can't cancel any holidays as everyone will be backed up into the end of the year. So Lord only knows what I'm gonna 2 for weeks in the house without being able to go out.
At least you still have a job mate. My niece works for Lego (constructing the huge models you see at parks and such). A lot of what they were doing was slated for China, but now her and 17 others lost their jobs.

Join one of my conference calls if you like, you'll probably input more than others if you sleep all the way through. You'll definitely say less stoopid stuff.
I think this is a universal truth for conference calls.

Dam nice of you to say so.

(We are really getting some mileage out of this one)
Dam right!

The Dam repair is done, the customer said we did a dam fine job.
So you stopped the dam water? Dam proud of you. Are you going to get a dam bonus?

Because it never gets old! :thumbsup2
Dam straight it doesn't.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter