DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Afternoon chaps from a cold and slightly overcast London. I just on one of the most pointless conference calls in my career. I hung up half an hour in. I'm sure that will get mentioned at some point this or next week.
Same reason I'm not a big wing fan.
Same, I preferred McCartney when he was in the Beatles.
Too much coffee too late in the day, weather front moving through, and the cat was chasing a mouse for the last hour. Going to be a long day today.
Ouch. Have you tried some decaf?
I tried to link a video - but the file was too big

At least you still have a job mate. My niece works for Lego (constructing the huge models you see at parks and such). A lot of what they were doing was slated for China, but now her and 17 others lost their jobs.
Totally, thats why I said I think it was fair not to cancel holidays. Sorry to hear about your niece, I didn't know we had laid anyone off yet, as our numbers are holding up. I thought she was in Legoland?
usually too much work and too much mess for not enough meat
If only there was a phrase that would indicate a female's perspective whilst simultaneously suggesting that there might be an underlying double entendre that could be applied to such an idea....

Well played!

Cool!!!
So, for us mere mortals (can't even get a discount anymore since my niece is no longer employed), how much would that run us?

Totally, thats why I said I think it was fair not to cancel holidays. Sorry to hear about your niece, I didn't know we had laid anyone off yet, as our numbers are holding up. I thought she was in Legoland?
She worked for legoland, but then applied for an assembler (or whatever it's called) job. She was actually on the news a couple times whilst assembling things.

If only there was a phrase that would indicate a female's perspective whilst simultaneously suggesting that there might be an underlying double entendre that could be applied to such an idea....
I kinda sorta think you did.

Morning all. Wet and dreary day here today.

DW has a cheese order pick up scheduled for later this afternoon, haven't been told if my services will be required. If they are a stop at liquor store will be added.

I've been out walking every day for the last five days and I'm up to just about 30 Km in total. Not sure if today will be added, not to keen in walking in rain and wind. I hope to be back to the running within a week or so. I've also started to learn how to play the guitar by using YouTube, practicing a little bit each day.

Have a good day all and stay safe.

Ouch. Have you tried some decaf?

I tried to link a video - but the file was too big

View attachment 485008

Big McCartney fan as well. As far as the Beatles go, I prefer the songs that he did.

Decaf......why?

Great job on the coaster.

Cool!!!
So, for us mere mortals (can't even get a discount anymore since my niece is no longer employed), how much would that run us?
I think its $350 in the US, Mark would know, he's like a walking Lego Catalogue.
She worked for legoland, but then applied for an assembler (or whatever it's called) job. She was actually on the news a couple times whilst assembling things.
I work with those guys out of Enfield and Kladno, and obviously Billund. That's a shame they let her go. We are still gearing up to do a ton of work, just not now. I only asked about LL as Merlin, the company that technically owns the parks has been absolutely decimated by all this.
As far as the Beatles go, I prefer the songs that he did.
I was a Harrison fan as much as Paul. But he did write a lovely ditty. Saw your walks on the other place, you coming on the marathon with me in Jan?
Decaf......why?
So Shawn could sleep.....
I kinda sorta think you did.
::yes::

Last edited:

Morning gents.
Was so happy to finally get rid of the winter coat for the season a couple days ago.

Except it's dumping snow out there now, it's -5C/25F and we're expecting 6-10 inches of snow. Lots already fallen.

yay

Too much coffee too late in the day, weather front moving through, and the cat was chasing a mouse for the last hour. Going to be a long day today.
so.... cat catch the mouse?
That's the important part, right there.
::yes::
The only reason to have children is for them to do stuff for you and for you to do better than them... and rub their noses in it.
The only runner's high I've ever experienced was a glorious sense of, "Thank God that's over!"
:laughing:
That's the stage I'm at right now.
I did the same thing last week and a couple have already doubled in price (well except maybe not after yesterday) and others up 30/40/50%. I wish I had more money laying around to buy even more, but did what I could.
Mine haven't come up, nor do I expect them to until this is over. And I'm totally okay with that.
Tell the kid (DD22) I said good job in tormenting the old man. :duck:
:laughing: Okay, I will.
We have a friend back in GA who was sick for a long time before he was allowed to be tested. Been in the ICU for over a week now on ventilator and ECMO (basically, oxygenating the blood by removing it, adding oxygen and putting it back) and the Dr said yesterday, if he doesn't show improvement in next 24 hours, they're pulling the plug. His wife and son also have it. It's more real when it's someone you know vs. just stats on a page. :sad:
Oh, man. That doesn't sound good at all. :hug:
For you, that's sleeping in, isn't it? :lmao:
Pretty much!
My niece works for Lego (constructing the huge models you see at parks and such). A lot of what they were doing was slated for China, but now her and 17 others lost their jobs.
Oh, that sucks. She's not alone in the lay-off department.
Interesting article about wearing masks or not...
I have it queued up to read, next.
I just on one of the most pointless conference calls in my career. I hung up half an hour in. I'm sure that will get mentioned at some point this or next week.
I'm the type of person that I hope it gets mentioned. And to me. At which point I would tell them how irrelevant it really was and to stop wasting mine and others' time.
:worship:
Cool!
I asked one of the girls at work. Such a phrase does not exist. At least that's what she said.
DW has a cheese order pick up scheduled for later this afternoon, haven't been told if my services will be required. If they are a stop at liquor store will be added.
liquor > cheese
I've been out walking every day for the last five days and I'm up to just about 30 Km in total. Not sure if today will be added, not to keen in walking in rain and wind. I hope to be back to the running within a week or so.
Good for you!
I've also started to learn how to play the guitar by using YouTube, practicing a little bit each day.
:worship:
I think its $350 in the US
:faint:
That's over $4,000 CDN.

Afternoon Dads! Working from home today and taking advantage of a beautiful day with lunch and reading the shenanigans going on around here. Be safe, stay home as much as you can and keep all those on the front lines of this mess in your thoughts and prayers.
The Dam repair is done, the customer said we did a dam fine job
You mean the repair of the dam, customer said we did a fine job on the dam? Milking it for all it’s worth

Sorry to hear that. We have a friend back in GA who was sick for a long time before he was allowed to be tested. Been in the ICU for over a week now on ventilator and ECMO (basically, oxygenating the blood by removing it, adding oxygen and putting it back) and the Dr said yesterday, if he doesn't show improvement in next 24 hours, they're pulling the plug. His wife and son also have it. It's more real when it's someone you know vs. just stats on a page.

Wow. That's awful. There really are no words.

Impressive. :darth:

:rotfl2: I guess I know what the weekend signoff will be...

I've been out walking every day for the last five days and I'm up to just about 30 Km in total. Not sure if today will be added, not to keen in walking in rain and wind. I hope to be back to the running within a week or so. I've also started to learn how to play the guitar by using YouTube, practicing a little bit each day.

Nice work! My wife started trying to learn the ukelele.

I'm watching Netflix. But I'm riding a stationary bike while doing so, so that makes it ok.

I think its $350 in the US, Mark would know, he's like a walking Lego Catalogue.

Sounds right. It ain't cheap, that's for sure.

Except it's dumping snow out there now, it's -5C/25F and we're expecting 6-10 inches of snow. Lots already fallen.

I probably shouldn't tell you that we didn't get a single flake of snow all winter.

The only reason to have children is for them to do stuff for you and for you to do better than them... and rub their noses in it.

Precisely. (sniffle) You're doing all us dads proud.

That's the stage I'm at right now.

As far as I know, there is no other stage.

I asked one of the girls at work. Such a phrase does not exist. At least that's what she said.

Well done, sir. :worship:

That's over $4,000 CDN.

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter