DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

'

They're a bit hard to explain precisely; somewhere between an Oreo, a Deluxe Graham, and maybe an ice-cream sandwich; couple different fillings as well.
https://www.bonappetit.com/story/tim-tam-australian-cookie
Thanks for doing that...I was trying to figure out how to explain them. I wouldn't have considered oreo other than they have a filling, but not creme filling like an oreo.
Deluxe graham will a chocolate creme filling would be most accurate to me aside from YUMMY YUMMY YUMMY!

'
Some forums are more notorious than others and of course not ever member or thread is the same.
Generally, trip-reports and most of the specific resort forums (and here of course) are good places to be.

The most sited example of a good place to get into a fight is probable the "Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies" forum. Lots of opinions on how to and how not to deal with the parks, rules, etiquette, and even morality and what constitutes a good or bad human (I've often heard a description of some of the regulars patrolling that one as being TPAS-Holes). That kind of trolling can happen anywhere and of course it's not true of every single thread in every forum, but you'd be surprised at what sets folks off and just how sharp they can be with those who disagree with their obviously flawless point of view. By all means, explore the boards and join in on the conversations, but just know that at times it can be best to just walk away. Folks here, however, are pretty civil (even on complex topics) and quite knowledgeable on all things Disney. What ever it is, just ask away and we'll likely know where to get you the answers you need.

The Cubs thread unfortunately has one that claims to be a fan, but spends most of the time complaining and criticizing when a player isn't amazing a particular night or just about every time we lose. Seems he's not happy unless we win every game or if a player happens to not be perfect (pretty sure they're all human). Several of us have blocked him which makes the thread much more tolerable and leaves more room for the REAL fans.

So, with that said, Liam...if there's someone on a thread that's being a troll, you can block them...that helps.

Happy Thursday, Gentlemen!
I'm leaving for WDW on October 26. We head down for an overnight drive Thursday, then do MNSSHP Friday the 27th. Then we have the Hoop-de-doo musical review Saturday Night, then drive home Sunday.
32 hours in the car in order to spend 8 hours in a Theme Park.

People at work think we're crazy. But you guys? You guys understand. So thank you.

OK Cubs backs against the proverbial wall. There's enough garbage coming out of D.C. already and we don't need any more.
GO CUBS!
I'm leaving for WDW on October 26. We head down for an overnight drive Thursday, then do MNSSHP Friday the 27th. Then we have the Hoop-de-doo musical review Saturday Night, then drive home Sunday.

People at work think we're crazy. But you guys? You guys understand. So thank you.
Have a good trip!

Hey guys, sorry it's been a while since I've checked in. Welcome to the new guys, prayers for those who need them, bacon and Dole Whips for all. Now I'll head back to read and catch up on the thre--oh, look at that! It's getting late. Maybe next time.

32 hour car ride for 8 hours in theme park. Yes, i get it. HDDR is a fun show as well. Are you all staying on property?

Hey guys, sorry it's been a while since I've checked in. Welcome to the new guys, prayers for those who need them, bacon and Dole Whips for all. Now I'll head back to read and catch up on the thre--oh, look at that! It's getting late. Maybe next time.

Good to see you again Mark. You may not be back to see this again. We gave Carl his drive-by nickname for doing that.

Folks here, however, are pretty civil (even on complex topics) and quite knowledgeable on all things Disney. What ever it is, just ask away and we'll likely know where to get you the answers you need.

Sounds like just what I need for the next 7 years of planning! Haha thanks for the heads up.

I would love to see the Australian Open in person, but like you said, money.

Yeah I haven't been down to Melbourne for it actually. Play a bit of tennis myself so I'd love to get down there at some point too.

Morning all, Not gonna go back and read up on the 15 pages I missed so Dole whips, prayers, welcome new guys; etc, etc, etc
Really I just here so Dan can call it. I have been in Six Sigma training and am just about ready to pull my hair out.

eople at work think we're crazy. But you guys? You guys understand. So thank you.
We are all a little crazy that is why we are here.

'Morning all...

SNAFU

That is all.

Friday the 13th is unlucky for me, since this will be our last day at thr beach. We leave tomorrow at whatever time. It is another beautiful day here.

Morning all, Not gonna go back and read up on the 15 pages I missed so Dole whips, prayers, welcome new guys; etc, etc, etc
Really I just here so Dan can call it. I have been in Six Sigma training and am just about ready to pull my hair out.

:wave: Cliff. I called it for the whole week. The only challenge I have today is to finish the remaining beer.

Afternoon boys from an Autumnal London.
Dropped the kids off this morning, and then went to the Tower of London on a spur of the moment type thing. I love that place. Stayed up later than I should watching the Cubbies, so may be not much use to the missus this evening. No change there then.

Really I just here so Dan can call it.

That's it. I'm calling it. Work week over. Everyone out. As it's Friday 13th Last one in Raglan Road for Blood Orange Bourbon's has to take Sally home. And she's got Frog's Breath.

Keep that hair in, Cliff.
Sense it's Throw-Back-Thursday, I'd like to throw back this entire week and just move on the the weekend.
My overlords see this just a mite differently, however.
Show them this post, they will be fine. Enjoy the weekend buddy.
Folks here, however, are pretty civil (even on complex topics)
We do complex topics? This is not the thread I thought it was.
Good morning all. Another beautiful day here at the beach. No hangover, as I must have sweat out all the alcohol.
This is about as complex as I like it.

Right then, an ACTUAL disney question. We are coming back in August. Some of will be at Poly (probably the back part of the trip), what's better Animal Kingdom Lodge or Bay Lake Tower? And if AKL, Kidani or the main part? This is on DVC points.

Right then, an ACTUAL disney question. We are coming back in August. Some of will be at Poly (probably the back part of the trip), what's better Animal Kingdom Lodge or Bay Lake Tower? And if AKL, Kidani or the main part? This is on DVC points.

Depends on what you're wanting.
We stayed at AKL in February and the transportation (buses) were HORRIBLE. Andy just got back from there and had same issue with buses.
At BLT, you can walk to MK, you can walk to Monorail, you can walk to buses, you can walk to water transport.
The decorations and animals at AKL are cool.

So, again...what are you wanting? Transportation/location or decorations and animals? Pros & cons for both.

For me personally, the animals lost some of their allure after the first couple days...it was kinda like, oh yeah giraffes again, oh look more Ankale cattle. Also, the decorations are less important (for me) when coming home from the park tired...just want my bed.

For AKL, Kidani or Jambo, again depends on what you and family prefer.
The buses pickup and dropoff at Kidani first, so that's a plus.
The pool at Kidani is better.
I think other than that, Jambo wins out on just about everything else. Better lobby/decorations/restaurants/has a gift shop/etc..

Last edited:
Depends on what you're wanting.
We stayed at AKL in February and the transportation (buses) were HORRIBLE. Andy just got back from there and had same issue with buses.
At BLT, you can walk to MK, you can walk to Monorail, you can walk to buses, you can walk to water transport.
The decorations and animals at AKL are cool.

So, again...what are you wanting? Transportation/location or decorations and animals? Pros & cons for both.

For me personally, the animals lost some of their allure after the first couple days...it was kinda like, oh yeah giraffes again, oh look more Ankale cattle. Also, the decorations are less important (for me) when coming home from the park tired...just want my bed.
Yeah, I think it's gonna be BLT. We had the same issues with the buses this year when we had dinner at Boma after the day at AK. I just thought it might have been an off day. Has anyone seen happily ever after fireworks from BLT? This might be the clincher for the missus as she loved watching from our room at the Poly

Yeah, I think it's gonna be BLT. We had the same issues with the buses this year when we had dinner at Boma after the day at AK. I just thought it might have been an off day. Has anyone seen happily ever after fireworks from BLT? This might be the clincher for the missus as she loved watching from our room at the Poly
We saw wishes from BLT, but it was a cloudy/rainy evening, so it was meh.
You can tune the radio in the room (or TV channel I think) and the audio is in sync. I don't know you'd be able to see the projections on the castle, but you'll have a good view of the fireworks with space mountain and astro orbiter in the foreground (which I thought was pretty cool). We were on a pretty high floor (I don't recall, but I think 11th or 12th), so if you get a lower floor, I suspect most of the castle would be obscured.

Edit: I thought initially we were on a higher floor, but it's only 15 floors, so modified to be 11th or 12th..can't recall exactly, but I know we were close to top.

Last edited:
(or TV channel I think)
I think the TV thing finished with Wishes, or at least it did at the Poly. I really don't fancy AKL, but DW is a bit keen for it. Trying to come up with Alternatives. Maybe Boardwalk and do the Epcot thing. Cheers though.

Morning folks. Too much to do so ain't going back to read everything.
This stood out though: :laughing:

317576-i-don-t-always-die-but-when-i-do-i-dont-jpg.276692

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter