DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Sounds like the teeth would be coming out no matter what. So better to not have to go to the meeting.

Time to break out the Diet Coke and Mentos.

Sounds like we're starting a crappy Charles Dickens knockoff.

I find chain pizzas to be relatively interchangeable. None are great, but I'm happy to eat just about any of them. The only place I've seen totally screw up pizza to the point it was inedible was Chuck E. Cheese.

:rotfl2:
Yeah... Ill give you that, Chuck E. Cheese's pizza is pretty bad... But think about it... back in the day, the pizza wasnt the draw in, it was the show and games... the pizza didnt HAVE to be good, they just needed the entertainment to be good. Sadly, its now a shadow of its former glory..

Mornin' Fellas! Well, I did it. I actually did it. I brought up with the boss lady subject of when we might want to go to Disney World. I got home from work yesterday just about the same time the Mrs. and my DD were coming back from dance. Everyone was in a good mood, and after my DD went to watch TV the Mrs. and I started talking about our day. Well, she was in such a good mood that I took a chance and brought it up the trip to Disney World and the need to start picking a date of when we might want to go. At first, she gave me that, "Really?" look, but but after explaining that with Disney World we know dates before they are released so we can book early. She understood this, and as a result we started talking about dates and how long we'd like to go. It's been a process, but I'm finally up the point of discussing dates. YAY!!!! Unfortunately she's not a thrill ride kind of person, so she said that she'd be the one holding the bags at the exits of the rides, but I know she'll love EPOCT. She told me she'd love EPOCT, that's why I know.

Greetings, Starfighters!
I am leaving the Shire, because I never received a letter from Hogwarts like my Mother. I am going to Star Fleet Academy to learn to be a Jedi, like my Father before me.
Thank you, and May the Odds be Ever in Your Favor!

I think nerd's heads everywhere just exploded.

:laughing:

Oh I am… I am.

I think if things stacked up at your work while you were away on vacation you'd have a serious problem on your hands.

That’s what she said.

Wait… is that how I’m supposed to use that?

Yes, that's how you're supposed to use that. :teeth: My mom says I'm special, so that's how I know.

Live long and prosper.

"Luke, Live long and prosper" - Gandolf.

Yeah... Ill give you that, Chuck E. Cheese's pizza is pretty bad... But think about it... back in the day, the pizza wasnt the draw in, it was the show and games... the pizza didnt HAVE to be good, they just needed the entertainment to be good. Sadly, its now a shadow of its former glory..

We didn't have a Chuck E Cheese's in my hometown, but we did have a Peter Piper Pizza, which was essentially the same thing, but I must ask: When you were younger, did the taste of the pizza really matter? I mean, it was pizza. I wouldn't have eaten pizza out of a dump, but as long at it had a decent taste to it, I'd eaten it as a teenager.

:welcome:WELCOME TO THE DISDAD'S CLUB TheRAEmanPTTfan! :welcome:

You have been added to The Official DISDad Members List on Page 1, Posts 8 & 9!:thumbsup2

Your Official Member Number is #883!

To see where else you can find the DISDads on the internet, please check out Post 3 on Page One!

If you would like anything added to Page One about yourself, please send me a PM. FYI, I do not add anything to page one about you without your permission.

Howdy,

Stick a fork in me, I am done. Too bad it's only Thursday and there is one more day to go this week.

I had an employee come down with Covid last week so he has been out most of last week and all this week. Another employee got anxiety with that news and afraid she could catch it so she has been out for the same time, (nevermind the fact we sanitize daily and the sick person isn't even in the same zip code). Another employee was out sick several days with other issues. I have been the only person in the office to do customer service and accounting, on top of my regular duties.
I'm thinking of catching covid just so I can have a break. Actually, I'm set up to work from home so I wouldn't even get a break.

There were some dry-ish days last week and we got the garden planted. This year we are doing 3 types of squash, 2 types of tomatoes, onions, bell peppers, lettuce, and carrots. I'm hoping the veggies don't become too waterlogged as it was the wettest April ever and May is starting the same way. The garden is well drained so it should be okay. Now if I could just get The Kid to mow the lawn...

The Better Half has decided she doesn't want to wait until December for our next trip. I won't be surprised if she has already booked dates for sometime over the summer and just hasn't told me yet. I'm trying to convince her we have a lot around here to see and do but she isn't listening...

I'm a trained operatic tenor and will often times get people asking me at church to join the choir. My response is, "Thank you, but no, I don't have the time." What I'm not telling them is that I don't want to give up my time during the week for rehearsals. Also, if I want to skip going to church one Sunday I can do it without feeling too guilty.
Yep, that's the better way to handle it...
But I've been out of that particular game for a while, so I wanted to offer up some assistance (especially as they're a bit down on volunteers in that department right now). I told them when I couldn't be there this month and they scheduled me for every other possible time. Should have seen that coming (my bad on that one). I'll get it straightened out starting next month though and start saying no a bit more often unless they can schedule both of us. Also don't want to get burned out too quickly and have to stop again (which I think even they'd agree with)

You could always use my excuse, which is....oh, that's right, I don't have an excuse. Never mind.
Do respect the honesty, there.
Problem is that the yard still needs to be cut, so sooner or latter I'll loose anyway.

The worst part of this is, you know you're doing it to yourself.
Yes... Yes I did.
Never toss that slow pitch right over the plate.

I'll fix it so that I get something back out of it going forward.

And if we did both....we're gluttons for punishment.
Depending of how detailed you want the trip to be.
For most folks, you can get more then enough out of both in a day.
(And time just cruising the inlet, so there's some relaxation built into it as well).

And it was Sumpter by boat.
It's a well looked after bit of history.
and I enjoy that ride over to the fort.

Heck I enjoy all opportunities to be on the water, so...

As for you Mark, I guess I wasn't a glutton...at least not for punishment. Wait! That can't be true...I've been married for over 30 years....obviously not true.
You love it and you know it, or you wouldn't be putting in the time.
Wait... that may apply more to me then you.

Never mind, carry on.

Whoa… how does that happen??
Maaaaggggic...

Not Disney Magic, mind you.
But magic all the same.

Greetings, Starfighters!
I am leaving the Shire, because I never received a letter from Hogwarts like my Mother. I am going to Star Fleet Academy to learn to be a Jedi, like my Father before me.
Thank you, and May the Odds be Ever in Your Favor!
We are all that we grock.
Nanu nanu.

E-mails. I must have gotten buried before I could finish the response.
At least it wasn't a physical burial, like the old days...

200.gif

Well, she was in such a good mood that I took a chance and brought it up the trip to Disney World and the need to start picking a date of when we might want to go. At first, she gave me that, "Really?" look, but but after explaining that with Disney World we know dates before they are released so we can book early. She understood this, and as a result we started talking about dates and how long we'd like to go. It's been a process, but I'm finally up the point of discussing dates. YAY!!!!
It's a start.
Next thing you know, you'll be trying to book resies.

When you were younger, did the taste of the pizza really matter? I mean, it was pizza. I wouldn't have eaten pizza out of a dump, but as long at it had a decent taste to it, I'd eaten it as a teenager.
Yep...
As a young'en all pizza (even crappy pizza) was plenty good enough.

Now-a-days though that all pizza is -extremely- bad for me, so if I'm going to have any of it, I ain't settling for crappy.

I'm thinking of catching covid just so I can have a break. Actually, I'm set up to work from home so I wouldn't even get a break.
Yeah, that's the down side of the ability to work form home.
Overlords will expect it.

Still, it's better then being in the office
(For me at least; just wish It was allowed more often).

Hey, Guys! Had a good day yesterday at a primary care office. Officially I was supposed to be at a Neurologists office, but got a text at 6 am asking me to go to this primary care office instead. I was find with it. I mean, that is the life of a float. There were only 25 patients all day, and a few walk-ins, so it was an easy day. Got to listen to some more podcasts during the day as I was the only on in the reception area. I'll be at Endocrinology/Rheumatology today, which is a busier office, with more people in the reception area, so no podcasts for me today. That's ok, the time will fly by either way. Well, that's all I've got. Have a good day, and we'll chat later.

TTFN

Howdy,

Stick a fork in me, I am done. Too bad it's only Thursday and there is one more day to go this week.

I had an employee come down with Covid last week so he has been out most of last week and all this week. Another employee got anxiety with that news and afraid she could catch it so she has been out for the same time, (nevermind the fact we sanitize daily and the sick person isn't even in the same zip code). Another employee was out sick several days with other issues. I have been the only person in the office to do customer service and accounting, on top of my regular duties.

Sorry to hear about all this. Hope things smooth out soon.

There were some dry-ish days last week and we got the garden planted. This year we are doing 3 types of squash, 2 types of tomatoes, onions, bell peppers, lettuce, and carrots. I'm hoping the veggies don't become too waterlogged as it was the wettest April ever and May is starting the same way. The garden is well drained so it should be okay. Now if I could just get The Kid to mow the lawn...

Sounds like you're going to have a great garden.

Yep, that's the better way to handle it...
But I've been out of that particular game for a while, so I wanted to offer up some assistance (especially as they're a bit down on volunteers in that department right now). I told them when I couldn't be there this month and they scheduled me for every other possible time. Should have seen that coming (my bad on that one). I'll get it straightened out starting next month though and start saying no a bit more often unless they can schedule both of us. Also don't want to get burned out too quickly and have to stop again (which I think even they'd agree with)

That's why I didn't want to be a part of the choir, I'd have gotten taken advantage of. I've done that before and won't go there again. Definitely put your foot down, but gently, so you don't get burnt out.

Do respect the honesty, there.
Problem is that the yard still needs to be cut, so sooner or latter I'll loose anyway.

That's the problem with lawns, they eventually need to be cut.

It's a start.
Next thing you know, you'll be trying to book resies.

I'm hoping. My wife had mentioned Spring Break, which I initially didn't like, but as I got to thinking about it it doesn't sound bad. My wife, being a Harpist and is busy during the summer with gigs, so after school ends, she teaches school, she'll be knee deep in gigs. My wife's school, also where my DD goes to school, has a 2 week Spring Break instead of 2, 1 week vacations during the semester. By having 2 weeks to play with, we can play around with the dates. Now I just have to do some research on when the local schools go on their breaks.

Yep...
As a young'en all pizza (even crappy pizza) was plenty good enough.

Now-a-days though that all pizza is -extremely- bad for me, so if I'm going to have any of it, I ain't settling for crappy.

Oh now-a-days I want good pizza, but as a teen? As long as it wasn't at the point of crawling off by itself I probably would have eaten it. :teeth:

Wanted to respond to more posts, but ran out of time. Have fun, guys.

I'm finally up the point of discussing dates. YAY!!!!
Yuss!
I think if things stacked up at your work while you were away on vacation you'd have a serious problem on your hands.
Nah. They can just hover for a few days or weeks.
"Luke, Live long and prosper" - Gandolf.
:thumbsup2
Another employee got anxiety with that news and afraid she could catch it so she has been out for the same time, (nevermind the fact we sanitize daily and the sick person isn't even in the same zip code).
:sad2:
The Better Half has decided she doesn't want to wait until December for our next trip. I won't be surprised if she has already booked dates for sometime over the summer and just hasn't told me yet.
Smart lady.
At least it wasn't a physical burial, like the old days...

200.gif
But that was such a good ending!
That's it. I'm calling it. Work week over. Last one to Tambu lounge for backscratchers has to take Moana home and let me tell ya...
No one knows how far she'll go.
Wait… just how old is she???

Wait… just how old is she???
I thought about that before I posted, but then again how old is Cinderella, Merida, Ariel, etc.?

Can't count sleeping beauty because she was over 100.

If I crossed a line, my apologies.

I thought about that before I posted, but then again how old is Cinderella, Merida, Ariel, etc.?

Should be apologising for totally lifting a joke structure that was made by someone else, but let's all move on, eh?

Nah.
Let’s say she was 16. Moana was released in 2016. Makes her 22.
Should be apologising for totally lifting a joke structure that was made by someone else, but let's all move on, eh?
:lmao:

Hey, all! I hope no one forgot their wives or moms today? I got my DW a card and a gift certificate to one of her favorite stores and will get her flowers once she leaves for church. Yes, I'm late with the flowers. This afternoon we'll be heading out to a late lunch with the in-laws, otherwise I've got nothing. Have a good day.

I feel so proud of myself. :teeth:

Nah. They can just hover for a few days or weeks.

Ok, good, and here I thought there'd be a problem.

Happy to mate. I thought I was filling in in your absense.

Sorry.
No problemo.

Morning chaps from a Sunny London. Beautiful day in the muvva country, so working outside. Been a crazy few months, and it doesn't seem to be getting any slower, but will try and check in from time to time.
Hope all is well in Disdad land, and I think I've got a couple a hundred pages to catch up on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter