DDP Causing Some Issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For all of you concerned (for lack of a better phrase) about my surgeries and health issues.
1. Recovery time from a miscarriage
2. I had a radical hysterectomy which I have been recovering from hence all the time on the computer.
3. I was released from doctors care temp. and went on 2 trips. following surgery
4. I was hospitalized again for pulmonery embolisims.
5. Then back in the hospital for multiple DVT's

Now hoping to escape one more time in 2 weeks with my husband for a little fun.
Shall I post a medical note on here to get you all off my back???!!!
And to all of you commenting on $$$$ etc. You have NO WEALTH if you don't have your HEALTH!

When I retire, he better take care of me because I'll be broke then. :rotfl:

Maybe Disney should start a retirement community and if you have spent X amount of dollars at disney over the years, you can get in.

But the big question with this would be: Would there be a dining plan at the retirement community? :rotfl: :rotfl:

I really need to go clean my house now. This is one of those threads that reminds me of the OJ Simpson and white Bronco chase years ago, I know it is pointless, I know I have better things to do, but I can't seem to tear myself away from watching it!! :surfweb:

Do you mean a last minute get away? Do you mean it is quite annoying? Do you mean they are going to start losing people?

People who live in glass houses (or ivory towers) shouldn't throw stones.

Have a magical vacation!

:hug: Thanks for sticking up for me and my Typ-o's! :hug:
I should proof read I guess, but that takes all the fun away from someone else trying to figure out what I am talking about!!!

For all of you concerned (for lack of a better phrase) about my surgeries and health issues.
1. Recovery time from a miscarriage
2. I had a radical hysterectomy which I have been recovering from hence all the time on the computer.
3. I was released from doctors care temp. and went on 2 trips. following surgery
4. I was hospitalized again for pulmonery embolisims.
5. Then back in the hospital for multiple DVT's

Now hoping to escape one more time in 2 weeks with my husband for a little fun.
Shall I post a medical note on here to get you all off my back???!!!
And to all of you commenting on $$$$ etc. You have NO WEALTH if you don't have your HEALTH!

It just seems that you stated your medical history as a reason for spending a lot of time on the computer over a short period of time. Your medical condition does not seem to be hampering your trips to WDW. Just seems a little contradictory to me.

But the big question with this would be: Would there be a dining plan at the retirement community? :rotfl: :rotfl:

:lmao: Just make sure you plan far enough in advance so that you don't have to worry about low income families prepaying, booking ahead and leaving you without so much as an ADR for your retirement dinner!

I really need to go clean my house now. This is one of those threads that reminds me of the OJ Simpson and white Bronco chase years ago, I know it is pointless, I know I have better things to do, but I can't seem to tear myself away from watching it!! :surfweb:

:cool2: We both need to look away from the train wreck:surfweb: ...and get back to work:laundy: .

To the OP: Your original post comes off as very "snobbish" not only to me but several others (which I think is obvious). Is it possible for you to apologize for offending the folks that you did and move on?

To the Offended: If the OP apologizes will everyone accept that and move on? Flaming her and questioning how she chooses to live her life and accomplishes nothing.

To the OP: Your original post comes off as very "snobbish" not only to me but several others (which I think is obvious). Is it possible for you to apologize for offending the folks that you did and move on?

To the Offended: If the OP apologizes will everyone accept that and move on? Flaming her and questioning how she chooses to live her life and accomplishes nothing.

Done.

I apologize to who I have offended that was NOT my intent.
I cannot deal with the constant PMs.
I have to admit I am so upset that I actually put all my personal health information on here. That is something I care not to share with anyone nevermind strangers.

It just seems that you stated your medical history as a reason for spending a lot of time on the computer over a short period of time. Your medical condition does not seem to be hampering your trips to WDW. Just seems a little contradictory to me.

I haven't read all of these posts, but only the last 2 pages...
Personally for myself who's had 2 miscarriages in the last 5 months, it can really destroy your thinking, life, attitude and sometimes all we need is a vacation. It's possible that NEVERENOUGHWDW isn't thiking clear just like I'm still not thinking clear from what's happened to me as well.
To: Neverenoughwdw.....Sorry to hear about your miscarriage, it's a totally devistating thing to have to go through :sad2:
With that said, I will start from page 1 and read all the posts...:rolleyes1

Nor should you have to post that kind of information NEVERENOUGHWDW. I thank you for your apology and I hope everyone here can accept it and move on with their lives.

I'm going to divert the topic for just a moment. I really enjoy reading a fairly well known financial advisor and author. His opinion is that generally those people who take lavish expensive vacations and drive big flashy cars only appear wealthy. The lady in front of you at the grocery store that has a stack of coupons and drives a Dodge Caravan probably has more cash in the bank. I also deal with a lot of people and their finances and have found that the people who need to discuss their wealth probably don't have it.

Therefore on my road to getting rich I ALWAYS use the DDP. It suits my families needs (we would eat in these places anyway) and why would I ever want to pay more for something when I could pay less.. Ask any truly wealthy woman and she'll tell you where to buy Prada at a discount. To pay more for something needlessly does not make you wealthy, it makes you rather stupid.

Oh and I'm not rich yet, but I'm clipping those coupons! :goodvibes
Good Luck everyone!

That's a breath of fresh air! You don't have to be poor to look for value for money.
Watch the pennies and the pounds will look after themselves I was told!

We're going to WDW in April, and will be staying offsite this time, in a 2BR condo for about a third of the price of OKW, where we have stayed before.

I was really tempted with the DDP, especially as I could have combined it with the MYW ticket upgrade deal, so I felt I would have really been getting good value, but in the end I decided to do the offsite thing.

But I plan to eat at at least 4 onsite TS restaurants, but still my total cost will be way below what I would have spent on the DDP.

So really those on the DDP have already paid well for the 'privelege' as they all are staying onsite.

This thread has became more of a joke than anything else anymore. I don't think that the OP owes me an apology, she is entitiled to her opinion...regardless if I think it was :snooty: snooty or not. But in the same sence, she should not get upset when a responce comes back at her with some ruthlessness pirate: .
I am sorry for her medical problems, and wish her well:flower3: .

I am honestly surprised this thread lasted as long as it has.

Even though a group hug :grouphug: is what you are hoping for I don't think you are going to get one. New readers are going to get fueled up and post before ever getting to the final pages, and that will continue to keep this thread burning until some sweet kind soul comes and puts a big CLOSED sign on the door.

until then...NEVERENOUGHWDW, please don't feel as if you need to leave your personal info on this thread. go back and edit it to delete it. As far as your PM's you may block those users from PMing you. PM's should not be a means of personal attacks, if someone has something to say and it can not be said on the board then it is better left unsaid.

Ok I read the first 6 pages and now i have a headache.
DDP is the best thing that's ever happened to us regular folks.
Tried it for the first time last year and will always book DDP, it makes so much sense!!!
I would have been eating in the SAME exact places if I didn't have the dining plan. Mexico, Germany, etc... Which I'm sure alot of other people do, rich or poor, the DDP makes the most sense!!!!

This thread has became more of a joke than anything else anymore. I don't think that the OP owes me an apology, she is entitiled to her opinion...regardless if I think it was :snooty: snooty or not. But in the same sence, she should not get upset when a responce comes back at her with some ruthlessness pirate: .
I am sorry for her medical problems, and wish her well:flower3: .

I am honestly surprised this thread lasted as long as it has.

Even though a group hug :grouphug: is what you are hoping for I don't think you are going to get one. New readers are going to get fueled up and post before ever getting to the final pages, and that will continue to keep this thread burning until some sweet kind soul comes and puts a big CLOSED sign on the door.

until then...NEVERENOUGHWDW, please don't feel as if you need to leave your personal info on this thread. go back and edit it to delete it. As far as your PM's you may block those users from PMing you. PM's should not be a means of personal attacks, if someone has something to say and it can not be said on the board then it is better left unsaid.

I agree with pretty much everything you said. Especially the part wishing her well with her recovery.

One thing I want to say about the PM though. Neverenoughwdw PM me three times yesterday (I had never sent her a PM to that point) and today I replied to them and then she PM me two more times today (in response to my PMs) So, she may not like people PM her, but she needs to remember when she is the one to take originially PM a person (especially more than once), she has to expect the person to respond.

Is there some reason you feel the need to flaunt and brag about your wealth, address and how many times you have been to WDW? Most people raised well do not consistently have to reiterate just how much they have. If you have the means to jet down whenever you want, you may want to consider spending some of your immense wealth on a good psychologist or psychiatrist to examine your pathological need to belittle others. JMO

Amen.

And I'll diagnose - I believe they call this a case of 'new money' syndrome (and if my diagnosis is wrong, I'll just say the the hard-working, wealthy ancestors are rolling in their graves...)

It's entertaining, yet so very sad...

There's a lot to be said for that "golden rule". Be kind...

I totally agree.

Ok I read the first 6 pages and now i have a headache.
DDP is the best thing that's ever happened to us regular folks.
Tried it for the first time last year and will always book DDP, it makes so much sense!!!
I would have been eating in the SAME exact places if I didn't have the dining plan. Mexico, Germany, etc... Which I'm sure alot of other people do, rich or poor, the DDP makes the most sense!!!!
I agree with you! However I can't believe this one issue has taken so much time and effort from everyone (including me). My dh and I are 50 with grown kids and grand kids so we do WDW my ourselves. Which I might add is fantastic and romantic---I hope all of you can try it some time. The DDP just makes it a lot nicer for us. I know we are all different in our opinions but this thread has been a prime example why certain things should be left alone. Because of the DDP we ate at California Grill for our 32nd anniversary dinner. It was sooooo awesome. We couldn't have done that without the dining plan so we are grateful for it. I might add that I made the reservation very far in advance like I would anything that was special. Enjoy

I have made over 30 trips to WDW (from MA) and have never had to plan where I will be on certain days 180 days in advance and have never participated in the DDP, as it never seemed like a deal to me. We are planning a trip 10/07 and realize now that we will need to plan a ressie (or more than one) for each day in order to have a choice. We went in May 2006 and that was really the first time, we had a hard time making spontaneous ressies. We only made a couple before that trip and was so disappointed that we couldn't get into Canada's steak house. I think what the first poster was saying (I hope) was that it is so much fun to be spontaneous when you go to WDW, that the DDP doesn't allow that anymore.

I remember going with my parents and having to be at EPCOT when it opened and RUNNING to the booths where you could talk to a "video conference" reservationist to make a reservation at an EPCOT restaurant for that night (or the next). These booths were located near the Ball at EPCOT. (Does anyone else remember that?).

Anyway, I guess what I am trying to say is that I like to plan my vacation "loosely" as weather, children changing their minds, etc. or other factors may affect where you end up on a certain day. Now I just need to be more structured (YUCK!!) Life is too planned and scheduled already, isn't vacation supposed to be carefree??!!

I have made over 30 trips to WDW (from MA) and have never had to plan where I will be on certain days 180 days in advance and have never participated in the DDP, as it never seemed like a deal to me. We are planning a trip 10/07 and realize now that we will need to plan a ressie (or more than one) for each day in order to have a choice. We went in May 2006 and that was really the first time, we had a hard time making spontaneous ressies. We only made a couple before that trip and was so disappointed that we couldn't get into Canada's steak house. I think what the first poster was saying (I hope) was that it is so much fun to be spontaneous when you go to WDW, that the DDP doesn't allow that anymore.

I remember going with my parents and having to be at EPCOT when it opened and RUNNING to the booths where you could talk to a "video conference" reservationist to make a reservation at an EPCOT restaurant for that night (or the next). These booths were located near the Ball at EPCOT. (Does anyone else remember that?).

Anyway, I guess what I am trying to say is that I like to plan my vacation "loosely" as weather, children changing their minds, etc. or other factors may affect where you end up on a certain day. Now I just need to be more structured (YUCK!!) Life is too planned and scheduled already, isn't vacation supposed to be carefree??!!

I know what youre saying...But even without the DDP people are still going to be making reservations to eat. The same crowds will be there DDP or not. The only reason that now a days it 'seems' this way is becuase DW is HUGE something new comes out constanly and more and more people are going, it's always going to be like this DDP or not.
IMO :rolleyes1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter