DDP Causing Some Issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there some reason you feel the need to flaunt and brag about your wealth, address and how many times you have been to WDW? Most people raised well do not consistently have to reiterate just how much they have. If you have the means to jet down whenever you want, you may want to consider spending some of your immense wealth on a good psychologist or psychiatrist to examine your pathological need to belittle others. JMO

NEVERENOUGHWDW said:
You either see yourself as an expert or have much too much time on your hands.....
mumom95 said:
( I underlined the section) I just have to say that this is a bold comment made by someone who has over 800 posts in less than two months.
Ooh, good catch!

Disney caters to the majority. If the majority likes DDP and financially it is a win situation for Disney it will stay, regardless of who dislikes it.

However if there are enough guests who do not like the DDP and for whatever reason that hurts Disney financially, then they will get rid of it.

Right now, Disney likes it and it is staying. Best get used to it, or dine where the DDP is not offered, there are plenty of options especially at the Swan and Dolphin or off property.

:confused3 Sounds like this thread hit alot of peoples nerves. We never get the DDP, and I have never had a problem making reservations at ANY restuarants. I usually make the reservations as soon as I make our trip plans. That's all you have to do, and you won't have any problems. I would like to try the DDP sometime in one of our future trips.

:tinker: MARCH 13, 2007 - DISNEY HERE WE COME! WOO HOO!:tinker:

I haven't used the DDP yet on a trip to Disney and I have not had any problems getting into any restaurant. And no, I do not make reservations.

How does anyone know that the people filling these places are on the DDP? How does anyone know that the people would not normally eat there? Are you going by how people act or look? Maybe we're not all on the DDP, maybe we're "white trash with money".

Bet that's your worst nightmare!

( I underlined the section) I just have to say that this is a bold comment made by someone who has over 800 posts in less than two months.
Recovering from life threatening surgery. The computer has helped pass the time.

I was just wondering. You don't sound like a Christian. You sound like you think you are better than others. That is the impression I got from reading your posts.:confused3

I was just wondering. You don't sound like a Christian. You sound like you think you are better than others. That is the impression I got from reading your posts.:confused3[/QUOT

Maybe you should read all the attacks I have had from this thread for weeks. I am only human I do react to all the things that have been written.
What is the strangest thing is the people that have observed what I have received only send me PMs...they are afraid they will deal with the same comments. I don't blame them.

I don't think you realize how insulting to some people your OP was. You could have easily said "Does anyone else think the DDP is causing some problems. So many more people are eating at TS restaurants now that it makes it hard to get last minute reservations for the people that book a last minute trip." That would have gotten your same point across, and I don't think offended nearly as many people. Instead you make reference to non DDP paying cash, making it seem like the DDP are eating for free. And you mention people that wouldn't normally eat at high end TS restaurants, also making it seem like the DDP people couldn't afford the TS restaurants or that they shouldn't be there.

I never support attacking a person, but you can't expect to post something like you did and not have people take offense to it and comment back. If you didn't truly mean to offend people, and you were just making an observation about the DDP and restaurant reservations, then maybe once you saw that you were offending people you should have apologized and re-explained what you meant.

I'm sorry to hear you have had surgery, but I can see where a computer can help pass recovery time away.

I however, am one of the people whom you have insulted and offended with your posts...not just in this thread. I've read several of your posts throughout this board and haven't seen you say very nice things. It's all about you...you're inconvenienced...you don't like average people breathing your air and eating in the same restaurants...you don't even like the food on the cruise ship...:headache:

I cannot understand for the life of me: A) Why even go to Disney World anymore if you can't stand the peasants who you are forced to share your rich air with and GASP forced to EAT with making you unable to dine.:confused3

Why don't you vacation with the rich and famous? It must make your skin crawl to have to be elbow to elbow with the working class :faint:

I understand that you are speaking your mind, which we all do, but you continue to insult with each time you post. We all work hard for our money - maybe you don't, maybe you never have - but the Disney Dining Plan is not responsible for your lack of sense before you open your mouth, so to speak.

If you desire to DINE and not just EAT, and are tired of lines in parks and other people's children, what have you...DON'T come here to complain about it and here's a thought...don't go. :mad: I know the whole thing started because you have a hard time getting into a restaurant even when you can get on a plane, with little to no notice.

Do what the rest of us do, plan ahead. You can even call from the park from your cell phone (or have your nanny or the poor schmuck who has to carry your bags through the park) dial the number...I too have been lucky enough to take last minute weekend trips, with no advance ADR's, and have absolutely no problem getting in some place to eat. OR...GASP...get counter service!:scared:

I have traveled with and without the dining plan...the dining plan saves me a ton of money...for a family of three we saved well over $75/day. However, with or without a dining plan, a DDE card, etc...when I am on vacation, I will eat at nice restaurants. So does everyone else. And hey - if I can save money at the same time, even better! That means that I can either: 1) stay even longer or 2) make multiple trips and hopefully "bump" into someone like you and ruin their day by eating food that I PAY FOR WITH MY HARD EARNED MONEY.

And hate to tell ya...even at places like Olive Garden you can't get in right away, so what would make you think that it'd be any different in Disney World. We average people are EVERYWHERE:scared:

Oh...and do rich people "self-tag" or do their concierge's do it for them??:lmao: Can't buy a tag??????pirate:

I'm sorry to hear you have had surgery, but I can see where a computer can help pass recovery time away.

I however, am one of the people whom you have insulted and offended with your posts...not just in this thread. I've read several of your posts throughout this board and haven't seen you say very nice things. It's all about you...you're inconvenienced...you don't like average people breathing your air and eating in the same restaurants...you don't even like the food on the cruise ship...:headache:

I cannot understand for the life of me: A) Why even go to Disney World anymore if you can't stand the peasants who you are forced to share your rich air with and GASP forced to EAT with making you unable to dine.:confused3

Why don't you vacation with the rich and famous? It must make your skin crawl to have to be elbow to elbow with the working class :faint:

I understand that you are speaking your mind, which we all do, but you continue to insult with each time you post. We all work hard for our money - maybe you don't, maybe you never have - but the Disney Dining Plan is not responsible for your lack of sense before you open your mouth, so to speak.

If you desire to DINE and not just EAT, and are tired of lines in parks and other people's children, what have you...DON'T come here to complain about it and here's a thought...don't go. :mad: I know the whole thing started because you have a hard time getting into a restaurant even when you can get on a plane, with little to no notice.

Do what the rest of us do, plan ahead. You can even call from the park from your cell phone (or have your nanny or the poor schmuck who has to carry your bags through the park) dial the number...I too have been lucky enough to take last minute weekend trips, with no advance ADR's, and have absolutely no problem getting in some place to eat. OR...GASP...get counter service!:scared:

I have traveled with and without the dining plan...the dining plan saves me a ton of money...for a family of three we saved well over $75/day. However, with or without a dining plan, a DDE card, etc...when I am on vacation, I will eat at nice restaurants. So does everyone else. And hey - if I can save money at the same time, even better! That means that I can either: 1) stay even longer or 2) make multiple trips and hopefully "bump" into someone like you and ruin their day by eating food that I PAY FOR WITH MY HARD EARNED MONEY.

And hate to tell ya...even at places like Olive Garden you can't get in right away, so what would make you think that it'd be any different in Disney World. We average people are EVERYWHERE:scared:

Oh...and do rich people "self-tag" or do their concierge's do it for them??:lmao: Can't buy a tag??????pirate:

ALL I CAN SAY IS WOW!!

That could of not been worded or put any better I don't think.;) :woohoo: :cheer2: :flower3:

Is there some reason you feel the need to flaunt and brag about your wealth, address and how many times you have been to WDW? Most people raised well do not consistently have to reiterate just how much they have. If you have the means to jet down whenever you want, you may want to consider spending some of your immense wealth on a good psychologist or psychiatrist to examine your pathological need to belittle others. JMO

I love you Tess'smom!!!! Fantastic Job! When I said I had been to WDW 3 times, I surely was not bragging. I meant to say only 3 times. I am a quick learner, though.

I don't think this has anything to do with sense......I am in a position that we can now jump on a plane when we want and go. The reason in my opinion it is causing issues is that it fills restaurants that some people have never dined in before or never would before this plan. As stated before when we plan in advance I book very early.
Not sure why you reacted to my response.....Have a great day!

(re: underline) So if i haven't had the privilege of dining there before I shouldn't be allowed to do so now? As someone stated earlier, in any city (and even the small town which I live in), you need to make reservations in advance. If you don't, you are taking your chances. It is just a fact. You can either learn to work with it or go somewhere else. But, please don't blame us lowly DDPer's...I would still be taking YOUR spot at any of my high-end TS restaurants whether I was on the plan or not.

:worship:

I amsuprised this thread has not been locked down yet. I've seen threads shut down for much less verbal abuse than is going on here.

Lauralee, that was poetic justice! :thumbsup2

Well put Lauralee. :thumbsup2

I've got 2 weeks of free DDP in August and all my ADR's booked, I'm so sorry that I'm clogging up tables and haven't even paid for it, but you know what I'm going to enjoy each and every one of them. :rotfl2: And if we want to talk $ do you know how much it cost's for us to go to Florida???? 2 weeks in a moderate for 2 adults and 2 kids cost us nearly $12,000 last trip and we are not rich we just love Disney, so I think we deserve something free don't you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter