****December 2020 Thread****

Hello everyone! I just pushed back my October trip to mid-December due to Covid. I don't have passes yet and am waiting for APs to go back on sale. I wanted to get one last trip in to see Splash Mountain before it's turned into Princess and the Frog. I expect that it will be open as Splash until the regular early January refurb.

Booked with DVC Resort Reservation for December 2020 (Dec 27-Jan 2).

Did not purchase our park tickets before COVID closures so can’t get tickets yet. Anxiously awaiting the release of the rest of the 2020 ticket sales.

Anyone else in the same boat and nervous about getting park reservations because they don’t have tickets?

Booked with DVC Resort Reservation for December 2020 (Dec 27-Jan 2).

Did not purchase our park tickets before COVID closures so can’t get tickets yet. Anxiously awaiting the release of the rest of the 2020 ticket sales.

Anyone else in the same boat and nervous about getting park reservations because they don’t have tickets?
For now everything is looking so wide open except the first couple of July weeks. I think yall will be good but I do get stress of unknown!

For now everything is looking so wide open except the first couple of July weeks. I think yall will be good but I do get stress of unknown!

LOL. I really don’t know what Elsa was singing about... nothing really fun about this unknown, is there? While I am really hoping to make our Nov/Dec trip this year, with no FP+, not knowing if we can get tickets for all of our family travellers, or even if the US/Can border will be open is pretty scary. I don’t like this kind of “unknown” at all!

Hello Everyone! I just moved our trip from August to December 29-Jan 2 at Kidani Village. We also plan to spend Dec. 27- Dec. 29 at Universal. I really hope this trip works out! I redid our park ressies. I now need to upgrade our Gold Passes since we are going during block out dates.

Got my tickets and park reservations yesterday!!! Now waiting to see if they are going to have any special Christmas activities, like the Christmas party.

Trip 11/27-12/5 originally at POFQ now at GDT. We bought 7 day tickets with the plan to go to MVMCP on our other day. Can I call to add a day to our tickets if I don’t think the party will happen? They were purchased through Undercover Tourist, but are linked in MDE with park days reserved.

Taking a shot and booked our next trip for 12/26 - 1/4. Our trip in April got cancelled, and we've always wanted to go at Christmas time and spend NYE at Disney World. We had tickets and plane fare that we could use from our cancelled trip...just needed the room. Booked BWI and made our park reservations. Now we are waiting, fingers crossed, that we don't have to cancel again. :cool1:

Originally, we were booked at Pop Century for the full week after Thanksgiving. But we decided to shorten the Disney portion of our trip to 11/30-12/4 and move to Yacht Club. I’ve never stayed at YC before and we have water view booked, so I’m hoping we’re able to make this trip happen!

Trip 11/27-12/5 originally at POFQ now at GDT. We bought 7 day tickets with the plan to go to MVMCP on our other day. Can I call to add a day to our tickets if I don’t think the party will happen? They were purchased through Undercover Tourist, but are linked in MDE with park days reserved.
Could always try the worst they say is no. I’m not sure since I’ve never used undercover tourist before.

We canceled our Dec 2020 trip back in June but now that they extended our passes till Jan 3rd 2021 we rebooked. I got an awesome deal at The Dolphin for $343 a night for 4 of us in a deluxe room, resort view and balcony with our AP discount. Staying 12/26 thru 1/3. First stay at The Dolphin so really excited!

Originally, we were booked at Pop Century for the full week after Thanksgiving. But we decided to shorten the Disney portion of our trip to 11/30-12/4 and move to Yacht Club. I’ve never stayed at YC before and we have water view booked, so I’m hoping we’re able to make this trip happen!
Hew, I'm going on the same dates as well :) Different resort though (AoA). What parks are you doing on which dates?

Hew, I'm going on the same dates as well :) Different resort though (AoA). What parks are you doing on which dates?

I love AoA! We stayed there last December on an extended family trip, and the family suites were awesome and all the kids loved the theming! My son (who was 2 at the time) had to go around the entire Cars area every morning to give each character a high five and say good morning. It was so sweet!

We actually don’t have any park reservations or tickets purchased yet. I know it’s a risk to wait, but we’re going to see what Florida looks like in the next month or so before we buy tickets. There’s a chance we might end up deciding to do a resort-only stay, which is a big part of why we moved to YC. If we do get tickets, the current plan is Epcot on Tues, 12/1 and MK on Thurs, 12/3. I’m also curious to see if they end up having MVMCP, because I think we would do that over a day ticket at MK. What do you have planned for your park days?

I love AoA! We stayed there last December on an extended family trip, and the family suites were awesome and all the kids loved the theming! My son (who was 2 at the time) had to go around the entire Cars area every morning to give each character a high five and say good morning. It was so sweet!
Omg, that does sound precious! It will just be my fiancé and I (he proposed in MK January 2019) so Little Mermaid room for us. He has never been to AoA but a huge Cars fan so I'm excited to show him the Cars area. I've been in 2012, before Magic Bands and when there were still comforters.

We actually don’t have any park reservations or tickets purchased yet. I know it’s a risk to wait, but we’re going to see what Florida looks like in the next month or so before we buy tickets. There’s a chance we might end up deciding to do a resort-only stay, which is a big part of why we moved to YC. If we do get tickets, the current plan is Epcot on Tues, 12/1 and MK on Thurs, 12/3. I’m also curious to see if they end up having MVMCP, because I think we would do that over a day ticket at MK. What do you have planned for your park days?
That's completely understandable. We booked this package last November so we are just waiting to see what happens. I don't think the parties will happen, so we added a third park day (we usually don't do a park on a party day). IF the party happens, we can still half day the park if we wanted.
12/1 = MK, 12/2 = Epcot, 12/3 = HS (or party if it happens). We already have the parks reserved so it's just a matter of waiting to see what happens with Covid.

Omg, that does sound precious! It will just be my fiancé and I (he proposed in MK January 2019) so Little Mermaid room for us. He has never been to AoA but a huge Cars fan so I'm excited to show him the Cars area. I've been in 2012, before Magic Bands and when there were still comforters.

That's completely understandable. We booked this package last November so we are just waiting to see what happens. I don't think the parties will happen, so we added a third park day (we usually don't do a park on a party day). IF the party happens, we can still half day the park if we wanted.
12/1 = MK, 12/2 = Epcot, 12/3 = HS (or party if it happens). We already have the parks reserved so it's just a matter of waiting to see what happens with Covid.

Congratulations on your engagement!! A proposal in MK is so special!

I think you’re probably right about the parties not happening this year. Hopefully the situation in Florida will improve and you and I (and everyone who has trips planned) will be able to visit in December!

I have always wanted to go to Disney on Christmas day, but the crowds are so busy. I hope they stay like they are now. It will be a magical Christmas!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter